UHD 620, 1920x1080
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Just updated my laptop using OC 0.6 and the latest kexts for BigSur -
I did the install on a USB clone of my Catalina system
I still have not tested everything but the main laptop functions seems working fine (wifi, BT, I2C trackpad with gestures, sound, graphics, PM, keys map) except handoff

In AirportBrcmFixup.kext, injectors for AirPortBrcm4360 and AirPortBrcmNIC have been moved into separate plugins - AirportBrcmFixup documentation says for BigSur AirPortBrcm4360_Injector.kext must be blocked by MaxKernel 19.9.9 or just removed- I chose to remove.

One minor point is also the updated Big Sur disk name do not appears in the OC picker entries,
it is named "preboot" ,
but selecting it allows macOS to boot the right disk with no errors anyway

One minor point is also the updated Big Sur disk name do not appears in the OC picker entries,
it is named "preboot" ,
but selecting it allows macOS to boot the right disk with no errors anyway
Hi. I need your help. I could not start installation with OpenCore on my HP. I don't really use OpenCore. I wanted to ask you, if it's not a bother, for your EFI folder so I can use it to install Big Sur on my HP laptop.
Thank you.

Hi. I need your help. I could not start installation with OpenCore on my HP. I don't really use OpenCore. I wanted to ask you, if it's not a bother, for your EFI folder so I can use it to install Big Sur on my HP laptop.
Thank you.
Hi, honestly this can make loose a lot of time...because the OC config is tied to my Dell laptop,
Even if I use ACPI hot-patches (no DSDT modification) , they are more tied to the DSDT than clover is.
For exemple my ACPI patch for the I2C trackpad deactivates the original device and create a new one, has 0 chance to work elsewhere
Another exemple is the windows patch and the way to get rid of the clover rename _OSI->XOSI and OSID-> XSID,
also tied to Dell and will probably not work for a HP
For you to save time better is to start with a EFI OC close to your HP then make the laptop working like with clover before updating to Big Sure

No issue when updating to the latest beta 20A5354i

In the battery system preferences I have the "Optimized Battery Charging" checked by default,
I wonder if this function can work on a Hackintosh laptop ?

Just updated to 11.0.1 from the system preferences using OC 0.6.3 coming from Catalina - No issue when updtating
Everything seems there and working

Attachments

• Capture d’écran 2020-11-13 à 20.38.05.png
    Capture d’écran 2020-11-13 à 20.38.05.png
    83.9 KB · Views: 42
The bad news are the performances, no better performances compared to Catalina,
the laptop is even slightly less reactive
Sad to see the laptop benchmark score decreasing every OS upgrade, Mojave /Catalina / BS

Attachments

• mojave.png
    mojave.png
    51 KB · Views: 41
  • Catalina.png
    Catalina.png
    38.9 KB · Views: 41
  • BS.png
    BS.png
    39.7 KB · Views: 44
Status
Not open for further replies.