Contribute
Register

[Success&Update]Catalina 10.15.5 Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Elite, i7 9700K and Sapphire RX 590

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Arous Z390 Elite
CPU
i7-9700K
Graphics
RX 590
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
View attachment 440513
  • Processor : Intel Core i7-9700K
  • Motherboard : Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Elite
  • RAM : G.SKILL 8G DDR4 3200 GHz *4
  • GPU : Sapphire RX 590 8G D5
  • Storage :
    • Intel 760P 512GB (Windows 10 v2004)
    • WD SN750 512GB (macOS Catalina 10.15.5)
  • Wifi : NO hardware now
  • Monitor : LG UL850 4K Display
  • Boot Mode : UEFI
  • OSX Version : macOS Catalina 10.15.5
Works Well:
  • Sapphire RX 590 8G D5
  • Restart, Sleep and Shutdown
  • Output Audio
  • HDMI/DP Output
  • HDMI/DP Audio
  • Network
Not Work

• WiFi (No hardware right now)

My EFI Download

Attachments

• EFI for Gitbyte Z390 Arous Elite.zip
    3.2 MB · Views: 869
Last edited:
Attached your EFI to your post. Be sure to make an EFI.zip.

Hey Jackeroo, download from BaiduPan was troubling me for almost 2 hours.

The following ZIP was compressed from the EFI 10.15.2 folder. Untested.

Attachments

• EFI 10.15.2.zip
    32.2 MB · Views: 988
Last edited:
>Wifi, I'm going to buy the hardware, Any advice?
Thanks for your EFI. Stuck at boot screen several times but at last the installation was completed.

Still have no time for test, but about the WiFi/Bluetooth cards, Fenvi T919 (Broadcom BCM94360CD) works in my case (Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming).

Screenshot 2019-12-19 at 11.30.29.png

Sidecar is Not working.

Hey Jackeroo, download from BaiduPan was troubling me for almost 2 hours.

The following ZIP was compressed from the EFI 10.15.2 folder. Untested.
Thank you! If you using a VPN, it will very soon download it, lol. I'm using a VPN to visit Youtube, Facebook, Google, Twitter, etc. from China. so I'm sorry for not considering this issue.

Thank you! If you using a VPN, it will very soon download it, lol. I'm using a VPN to visit Youtube, Facebook, Google, Twitter, etc. from China. so I'm sorry for not considering this issue.
Not only the speed problem, NoneZip EFI also makes files size up to 63.5MB(197% larger), and it was too many troubles confusing me.

I needed to download BaiduNetdisk app (Baidu display some error messages in chinese about
"Download items was over 500 files limit. Needs VIP membership "
"Download Including folders, must install BaiduNetdisk app"
)

So, I signed up with my foreign mobile phone (few years ago it was forbidden), and in the first place for a foreign people, fortunately I happen to know chinese so I can deal with this issue.

But it's OK! Too many rules in this world... Don't concern yourself. I am fine! Thanks!!

I tried to upload the BaiduPan error messages screen shot png (in chinese) a few hours ago, but turn out it was against the rules of tonymacx86.com.
"All posts must be made in English. Any and all posts in other languages will be deleted."

Last edited:
Not only the speed problem, NoneZip EFI also makes files size up to 63.5MB(197% larger), and it was too many troubles confusing me.

I needed to download BaiduNetdisk app (Baidu display some error messages in chinese about
"Download items was over 500 files limit. Needs VIP membership "
"Download Including folders, must install BaiduNetdisk app"
)

So, I signed up with my foreign mobile phone (few years ago it was forbidden), and in the first place for a foreign people, fortunately I happen to know chinese so I can deal with this issue.

But it's OK! Too many rules in this world... Don't concern yourself. I am fine! Thanks!!

I tried to upload the BaiduPan error messages screen shot png (in chinese) a few hours ago, but turn out it was against the rules of tonymacx86.com.
"All posts must be made in English. Any and all posts in other languages will be deleted."
LOL, Really sorry for wasting your time, you can repay me on the thread, And maybe I will give you the Github Link

Got it, My iPad mini 5 is still with ios 12.3, so I haven't tested this, please try to solve it, Thank you
About SideCar you might wanna read this post. Mine is iMacPro 1,1. Might work with iMac 18,3 or iMac 19,1.

HandBrake is no stable in Catalina.
(HandBrake V1.3 don't work.HandBrake V1.2 can't add artwork to video files.)
So, I decided to stay on High Sierra(HFS+).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back