Contribute
Register

[Success] twsps' Build: ASUS Z270i Strix - i7-7700K - HD 630 - 4K - M.2 - ALC1220

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can confirm that updating goes smooth, just update and it will work as before!
I used the 10.12.6 Combo Update

You no longer need:
IONVMeFamily
patches for the m.2 (also natively supported)
Are you sure you're not thinking of High Sierra?! 10.12.6 requires RehabMan's patches and spoofing SSDT.

Are you sure you're not thinking of High Sierra?! 10.12.6 requires RehabMan's patches and spoofing SSDT.
Yep not High Sierra, but 10.12.6... I'll do some more testing, but I am reporting what I tried, and what worked for me.
As far as I am concerned the .6 update is the one that ports over all the best bits of High Sierra in terms of hardware support to just Sierra. Read about it in some forums and decided to try it out...

I can confirm that updating goes smooth, just update and it will work as before!
I used the 10.12.6 Combo Update

You no longer need:
FakeCPUID nor FAKEPCIID.kext (KabyLake is now supported)
IONVMeFamily patches for the m.2 (also natively supported)
I changed IntelGFX to 0x59128086 and ig-platform-id to 0x59120000 also Removed APPL,Gfx,YTile property under Devices, as per LINK
It is also possible to tell your SMBIOS you are in iMac18.3 and it will now actually boot with those parameters ;)

This is going to make any new build so much more easier!!
So, everything works so far... I'm still testing though..
Thank you for the reply. How I understand you have updated as follows:
1. On your computer running 10.12.5 you have made all the changes described above
2. Downloaded 10.12.6 and run update
3. Your computer restarted (all modification to config.plist and SMBIOS already done, FakePCIID.kext deleted)
4. Done

Correct? Is that simple or I am missing something?

Thank you for the reply. How I understand you have updated as follows:
1. On your computer running 10.12.5 you have made all the changes described above
2. Downloaded 10.12.6 and run update
3. Your computer restarted (all modification to config.plist and SMBIOS already done, FakePCIID.kext deleted)
4. Done

Correct? Is that simple or I am missing something?

Yes, except, I didn't make any changes before the update. as it works with the previous settings just fine.
After the update to 10.12.6 I removed the un-necessary scripts and kexts one by one, and tried different configurations.

so if you simply update to 10.12.6 you will boot just fine and have full acceleration on HD630 without modifying anything.

Yes, except, I didn't make any changes before the update. as it works with the previous settings just fine.
After the update to 10.12.6 I removed the un-necessary scripts and kexts one by one, and tried different configurations.

so if you simply update to 10.12.6 you will boot just fine and have full acceleration on HD630 without modifying anything.
Thank you. In 1.5 week I will be at home and obviously try that update as you advised. I already did it on my another system.
Thanks again.

Hello Everyone, I just picked up:
  • Asus STRIX z270i Gaming mobo
  • i7-6700K
  • EVGA Geforce GTX 1060 3gb
  • Samsung NVMe 960 EVO m.2
  • 2TB SATA drive
If I am doing a fresh system should I go with El Capitan or Sierra?
I'm leaning towards (but open to Sierra) El Capitan for a couple of reasons:
  • My older CS6 software works great with El Capitan (although a bit of googling shows it may work with Sierra).
  • Several form threads (both hackintosh and standard) have mixed reviews about Sierra's speed etc.
Sierra has its pluses and minuses as well:
  • If I go with Sierra does the latest Unibeast/Multibeast take care of all the issues with m.2?
  • Is Wi-Fi working with Asus STRIX z270i? Seems like mixed results in several threads.
  • Is Blue tooth working? Also, seems like mixed results in several threads.
  • Any audio issues?
Any other gotchas to look out for with this build?
  • Any issues with EVGA Geforce GTX 1060 3gb with a 200 series card?
Thanks in advance for any info, links, advice etc.

Last edited:
Hello Everyone, I just picked up:
  • Asus STRIX z270i Gaming mobo
  • i7-6700K
  • EVGA Geforce GTX 1060 3gb
  • Samsung NVMe 960 EVO m.2
  • 2TB SATA drive
If I am doing a fresh system should I go with El Capitan or Sierra?
I'm leaning towards (but open to Sierra) El Capitan for a couple of reasons:
  • My older CS6 software works great with El Capitan (although a bit of googling shows it may work with Sierra).
  • Several form threads (both hackintosh and standard) have mixed reviews about Sierra's speed etc.
Sierra has its pluses and minuses as well:
  • If I go with Sierra does the latest Unibeast/Multibeast take care of all the issues with m.2?
  • Is Wi-Fi working with Asus STRIX z270i? Seems like mixed results in several threads.
  • Is Blue tooth working? Also, seems like mixed results in several threads.
  • Any audio issues?
Any other gotchas to look out for with this build?
  • Any issues with EVGA Geforce GTX 1060 3gb with a 200 series card?
Thanks in advance for any info, links, advice etc.
I am using Maximus IX Code, so I don't know anything about Strix, but I guess it doesn't matter Strix or Code.
Every single OS has own pluses and minuses. Do not see any reason to avoid Sierra.
I have working Blue tooth, Ethernet. Didn't have a chance to test audio. Onboard Wi-Fi doesn't work.
Pike patch takes care of m.2 and I am booting from NVMe. thealika reports you will not need the patch on 10.12.6.
I am using onboard video. Just follow thealika guide and you will be okay.

Anyone on a Z270G/Z270I and Kaby Lake have sleep working? Mine goes to sleep fine, but 90% of the time waking from sleep does a reboot. I'm having trouble wading through and figuring out what the current fixes for this is

there is no fix for that, it's a common issue. you'll need to add a nvidia graphics card (possibly AMD might work, unsure). then sleep/wake will work ~60% of the time (the other 40% it goes to sleep and then wakes up straight away, but it doesnt reboot)

there is no fix for that, it's a common issue. you'll need to add a nvidia graphics card (possibly AMD might work, unsure). then sleep/wake will work ~60% of the time (the other 40% it goes to sleep and then wakes up straight away, but it doesnt reboot)

Sorry, should have mentioned. I am on nvidia 1070, and getting these reboots. Yesterday i tried setting syspref to never go to sleep. That at least resulted in not crashing, but instead it wouldn't wake up so i had to hard power cycle anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back