Contribute
Register

[Success] twsps' Build: ASUS Z270i Strix - i7-7700K - HD 630 - 4K - M.2 - ALC1220

Status
Not open for further replies.
Check your settings in the Sound (System Preferences) pane.

Check your settings in the Sound (System Preferences) pane.
I don't get what you're saying. I've tried all different types, internal speaker, line out... none of them works

This is a great thread. I plan my build around this motherboard.

Intel Core i3-7100 3.9GHz Dual-Core Processor
CRYORIG C7 40.5 CFM CPU Cooler
Asus ROG STRIX Z270i GAMING Mini ITX LGA1151 Motherboard
Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory
Samsung 960 EVO 250GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB 6GB SC GAMING Video Card
Fractal Design Node 202 HTPC Case w/450W Power Supply

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks all, Asus z270e strip, i77700k, intel 630, corsair ddr4, 860 evo m2. Only 1 problem,bluetooth don't work ......bluetooth solution?
thanks and sorry for my English..

Last edited:
Great thread! Helped me get my Asus STRIX z270i, i7 6700k, M.2 Samsung SSD up and running with Sierra 10.12.6.

Still having wake from sleep issue, and never got onboard WiFi going, but very happy with performance, and couldn't have done it without the great info on this thread. Thank you all!

great guide!
did you manage to upgrade to high sierra?
i'm having issue with the Igpu and was wandering if anyone else with the same build managed to pull it off

I have High Sierra 10.13 Supplement up and running on a Z270i. This guide was very useful. My takeaways from the experience:
  • Have to remove the boot keys in BIOS to turn off Secure Boot otherwise nothing boots (apart from windows)
  • Really only seemed to need a couple of kexts to get everything working
    • FakeSMC.kext
    • IntelMausiEthernet.kext
  • I added lily and AppleALC to get audio working
  • Nvidia drivers were a pig to get working - in the end I had to use OLD and NEW Clover mechanisms to get them to work
  • Bluetooth seems to have a bug on this motherboard
    • For no obvious reason the Bluetooth device disappears completely, will not appear in Windows or macOS
    • Found a post on the ROG forums that said - power off the board completely ie. pull the plug, count to 10 and try again
    • I now have Bluetooth working in macOS and Windows 10

I have random restarts and crashs on my 10.12.5 with i7 7700k and GTX 1070. any one has same problem?

Any updated guide for High Sierra?

hi, thx so much for the Gide, but I haven issues with de bios setup, I have de same MB and just when I reboot pc keep rebooting when should be loading, any idea, thx a lot again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back