Contribute
Register

[Success] twsps' Build: ASUS Z270i Strix - i7-7700K - HD 630 - 4K - M.2 - ALC1220

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,
I just successfully installed my first hackintosh system with an i7 Kaby Lake with the Z270i. After the installation I have updated to 10.12.6 and mostly everything is working fine so far.
My biggest problem is related to ethernet. Network Utility says I have only a 100Mbit connection. I have installed the IntelMausiEthernet.kext using Multibeast, but still no change.
I'm not sure if it is related to any other .kext that are still within my Clover folder. Is there anything I can remove from this, having updated to 10.12.6:
AppleALC.kext
AtherosE2200Ethernet.kext
FakeSMC.kext
IntelGraphicsFixup.kext
IntelMausiEthernet.kext
Lilu.kext
NullCPUPowerManagement.kext
NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext
RealtekRTL8111.kext
USBInjectAll.kext
XHCI-200-series-injector.kext

Btw. I'm planning to add a GTX 1060. Are there any .kext that could cause trouble as well?

Other things that are still not working: Sound over Bluetooth, sleep, I had several disconnects with the ethernet as well, now it is working with having IPv6 set to local and reducing MTU to 1460.

Thanks!

Sorry, should have mentioned. I am on nvidia 1070, and getting these reboots. Yesterday i tried setting syspref to never go to sleep. That at least resulted in not crashing, but instead it wouldn't wake up so i had to hard power cycle anyway.

try setting DarkWake to 8 or 10 (or anything really - experiment) in your config.plist (or in clover configurator under 'Boot')

I've tried playing around with all darkwake settings and it doesnt seem to make any difference to my 60/40 success rates mentioned earlier - just as long as it is set to something.

Hi,
I just successfully installed my first hackintosh system with an i7 Kaby Lake with the Z270i. After the installation I have updated to 10.12.6 and mostly everything is working fine so far.
My biggest problem is related to ethernet. Network Utility says I have only a 100Mbit connection. I have installed the IntelMausiEthernet.kext using Multibeast, but still no change.
I'm not sure if it is related to any other .kext that are still within my Clover folder. Is there anything I can remove from this, having updated to 10.12.6:
AppleALC.kext
AtherosE2200Ethernet.kext
FakeSMC.kext
IntelGraphicsFixup.kext
IntelMausiEthernet.kext
Lilu.kext
NullCPUPowerManagement.kext
NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext
RealtekRTL8111.kext
USBInjectAll.kext
XHCI-200-series-injector.kext

Btw. I'm planning to add a GTX 1060. Are there any .kext that could cause trouble as well?

Other things that are still not working: Sound over Bluetooth, sleep, I had several disconnects with the ethernet as well, now it is working with having IPv6 set to local and reducing MTU to 1460.

Thanks!

possibly the Realtek kext - you dont need that on a Z270I

I am using Maximus IX Code, so I don't know anything about Strix, but I guess it doesn't matter Strix or Code.
Every single OS has own pluses and minuses. Do not see any reason to avoid Sierra.
I have working Blue tooth, Ethernet. Didn't have a chance to test audio. Onboard Wi-Fi doesn't work.
Pike patch takes care of m.2 and I am booting from NVMe. thealika reports you will not need the patch on 10.12.6.
I am using onboard video. Just follow thealika guide and you will be okay.

I am so sorry for the last response. I appreciate you taking the time to respond to my questions. In the end:
  • I gave up on m.2, I read about too many people having data corruption issues with the patches (the threads could be old... seems like mixed results).
    • after reading about patch issues I wanted too try and se the drive to 4k native as Apple supports this OOB and there is no need to patch NVMe drives that are set this way.
    • Tried set a Samsung 960 NVMe to it's native 4096 with linux command line tools, nvme-cli, but had no luck
      • Tom's Hardware and Anandtech and a few other sources list the 960 as logically set to 512 but natively the chips are 4096
      • Insanely Mac thread about how to set the drive to 4096:
  • Bluetooth is working with a dongle, Kinivo BTD-300... I can confirm it does not work at BIOS screen (only after Mac OS is running).
  • I did not go the route of swapping out the WiFi chip... the system is wired direct to the LAN (so was the old system, it's faster). If this was built to take on different locations I might consider changing the chip.
  • I used the Alika guide as reference but did the vanilla install from ****** (Corp Newton's Guide).
  • I can confirm Adobe CS6 Master collection installed without any problems; so far all off the apps are working without any issues. There were some users who had problems with using Adobe's installer, they had to show the installer package contents and navigating to the installer resource file within letting terminal run... etc. I did not need to do any of this. I did have to apply Apple's older Java file as outlined by Adobe/Apple: https://support.apple.com/kb/DL1572?locale=en_US
  • In order to have the lights on the z270i motherboard turn off when the system shuts down you have to be on firmware updated to the latest (7/7/20107 release v0810) Firmware Update Page here. In addition you will need to change the settings under Advanced Power Management follow the instruction over at ROG USA Forums here

Thanks again, for the info. I hope what I posted and linked to helps others.

possibly the Realtek kext - you dont need that on a Z270I

Thanks for the reply! I was able by testing a lot to reduce my overall kext files. But the Ethernet problem remains. It still gives me only a 100Mbit. I'm not quite sure what my problem is, since other seem not to have any trouble with the same board.
I was lucky with the bluetooth sound. It is working now after I reinstalled the Voodoo drivers and re-paired the headset. The microphone is still not working over bluetooth.

Anyone facing the same ethernet / bluetooth microphone problems?

Thanks!

I am so sorry for the last response. I appreciate you taking the time to respond to my questions. In the end:
  • I gave up on m.2, I read about too many people having data corruption issues with the patches (the threads could be old... seems like mixed results).
    • after reading about patch issues I wanted too try and se the drive to 4k native as Apple supports this OOB and there is no need to patch NVMe drives that are set this way.
    • Tried set a Samsung 960 NVMe to it's native 4096 with linux command line tools, nvme-cli, but had no luck
      • Tom's Hardware and Anandtech and a few other sources list the 960 as logically set to 512 but natively the chips are 4096
      • Insanely Mac thread about how to set the drive to 4096:
  • Bluetooth is working with a dongle, Kinivo BTD-300... I can confirm it does not work at BIOS screen (only after Mac OS is running).
  • I did not go the route of swapping out the WiFi chip... the system is wired direct to the LAN (so was the old system, it's faster). If this was built to take on different locations I might consider changing the chip.
  • I used the Alika guide as reference but did the vanilla install from ****** (Corp Newton's Guide).
  • I can confirm Adobe CS6 Master collection installed without any problems; so far all off the apps are working without any issues. There were some users who had problems with using Adobe's installer, they had to show the installer package contents and navigating to the installer resource file within letting terminal run... etc. I did not need to do any of this. I did have to apply Apple's older Java file as outlined by Adobe/Apple: https://support.apple.com/kb/DL1572?locale=en_US
  • In order to have the lights on the z270i motherboard turn off when the system shuts down you have to be on firmware updated to the latest (7/7/20107 release v0810) Firmware Update Page here. In addition you will need to change the settings under Advanced Power Management follow the instruction over at ROG USA Forums here

Thanks again, for the info. I hope what I posted and linked to helps others.

Finally, I updated to 10.12.6 and installed the new mobo into the Corsair case. It seems that everything is working with exception of sleep function, of course, though, I didn’t spend too much time trying to fix it.

Samsung 960 NVMe doesn’t work without Pike patches. Learned it in the hard way. Once I put them back, I do not have any issues with performance or data corruption.

Screen Shot 2017-08-16 at 15.49.31.png Screen Shot 2017-08-17 at 11.15.12.png

Yes, except, I didn't make any changes before the update. as it works with the previous settings just fine.
After the update to 10.12.6 I removed the un-necessary scripts and kexts one by one, and tried different configurations.

so if you simply update to 10.12.6 you will boot just fine and have full acceleration on HD630 without modifying anything.
10.12.6 doesn't work without IONVMeFamily patches at least, for my m2.1. I lost the drive (the booting process had stopped a half way and ended up with a crossed circle) and had to boot from the backup SSD. But even so, I couldn't find the m2.1 NVMe in the disk utility. I had to reinstall the 10.12.5 from scrutch and run Carbon Copy to put 10.12.6 back to the NVMe.
Othervice, everything is okay.

I just installed with 10.12.6, but I can't get audio to work. Anyone success with it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back