Intel Core i5-6400 Quad-Core @ 2.71-Ghz
Graphics
EVGA GT 730 2GB & Intel HD Graphics 530
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
COMMENTS
Instructions for “hackintoshing” a Dell Inspiron 3650 PC with EVGA GT 730 2 GB DDR5 with 3 monitors (including VGA)

INSTALL

1. Create bootable El Capitan USB using UniBeast with UEFI and Nvidia Inject on another mac running OS X El Capitan

2. Mount USB EFI using EFI mounter v3 and edit clover.plist and fix ownership and set USBInject to true.
(/Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/config.plist)

<key>Devices</key>
<key>USB</key>
<dict>
<key>FixOwnership</key>
<true/>
<key>Inject</key>
<true/>​
</dict>​
</dict>​

also — Copy the downloaded FakeSMC.kext and USBInjectAll.kext to /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/ from /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.11/

3. Insert USB and install El Capitan

4. Once OS X is installed, update to latest El Capitan (don’t update to High Sierra)

PATCH

5. Install Nvidia web drivers but don’t restart yet

• Look up what version of macOS you have with “Nvidia web drivers” in google and it should pop up on a Nvidia page
  • If you don’t know what version of macOS you’re using go to “about this mac” and click on “version 10.11.x” and to the right of that should pop up (15Gxxxx) <- use that
6. Install latest Clover bootloader but make sure you have EmuVariableUefi-64.efi checked and installed. This is needed for NVRAM detection to get graphics card working.

7. Replace hard drive config.plist with your USB config.plist to make bootable again

8. Edit config.plist for Graphics Card
  1. Download Clover Configurator
  2. Open Clover Configurator
  3. Select Mount EFI under Tools
  4. Click Mount Partition for the EFI macOS is installed on
  5. Click Open Partition
  6. Navigate to /EFI/CLOVER
  7. Open Config.Plist using Clover Configurator
  8. In Clover Select Boot under SECTIONS
  9. Uncheck nv_disable=1 if checked
  10. Check nvda_drv=1
  11. Select Graphics under SECTIONS
  12. Uncheck Inject Intel if checked
  13. Select System Parameters under SECTIONS
  14. Check Inject NvidiaWeb
  15. Save config.plist
  16. Exit Clover Configurator
9. Download these kexts and put them in /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other and /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.11 on mounted hard disk efi
10. To get the VGA (third monitor) working I had to boot up with Inject Nvidia = false

<key>Graphics</key>
<dict>
<key>Inject</key>
<dict>
<key>ATI</key>
<false/>
<key>Intel</key>
<false/>
<key>NVidia</key>
<false/>​
</dict>​
</dict>​

Other
Audio does not work OOB through internal audio I have not tried HDMI audio. I do not know if internal WiFi is working, mine broke a couple months ago and am currently using LAN.

EDIT: I did get audio working by using the latest VoodooHDA install. Real simple. Just used a UEFI install and restart then it all sounds really good. Strangely, I could only get the front audio port to work but I'm content with that.

Attachments

• File_000.jpeg
    File_000.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 496
Last edited:
COMMENTS
Instructions for “hackintoshing” a Dell Inspiron 3650 PC with EVGA GT 730 2 GB DDR5 with 3 monitors (including VGA)

INSTALL

1. Create bootable El Capitan USB using UniBeast with UEFI and Nvidia Inject on another mac running OS X El Capitan

2. Mount USB EFI using EFI mounter v3 and edit clover.plist and fix ownership and set USBInject to true.

<key>Devices</key>
<key>USB</key>
<dict>
<key>FixOwnership</key>
<true/>
<key>Inject</key>
<true/>​
</dict>​
</dict>​

also — Copy the downloaded FakeSMC.kext and USBInjectAll.kext to /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/ from /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.11/

3. Insert USB and install El Capitan

4. Once OS X is installed, update to latest El Capitan (don’t update to High Sierra)

PATCH

5. Install Nvidia web drivers but don’t restart yet

• Look up what version of macOS you have with “Nvidia web drivers” in google and it should pop up on a Nvidia page
  • If you don’t know what version of macOS you’re using go to “about this mac” and click on “version 10.11.x” and to the right of that should pop up (15Gxxxx) <- use that
6. Install latest Clover bootloader but make sure you have EmuVariableUefi-64.efi checked and installed. This is needed for NVRAM detection to get graphics card working.

7. Replace hard drive config.plist with your USB config.plist to make bootable again

8. Edit config.plist for Graphics Card
  1. Download Clover Configurator
  2. Open Clover Configurator
  3. Select Mount EFI under Tools
  4. Click Mount Partition for the EFI macOS is installed on
  5. Click Open Partition
  6. Navigate to /EFI/CLOVER
  7. Open Config.Plist using Clover Configurator
  8. In Clover Select Boot under SECTIONS
  9. Uncheck nv_disable=1 if checked
  10. Check nvda_drv=1
  11. Select Graphics under SECTIONS
  12. Uncheck Inject Intel if checked
  13. Select System Parameters under SECTIONS
  14. Check Inject NvidiaWeb
  15. Save config.plist
  16. Exit Clover Configurator
9. Download these kexts and put them in /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other and /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.11 on mounted hard disk efi
10. To get the VGA (third monitor) working I had to boot up with Inject Nvidia = false

<key>Graphics</key>
<dict>
<key>Inject</key>
<dict>
<key>ATI</key>
<false/>
<key>Intel</key>
<false/>
<key>NVidia</key>
<false/>​
</dict>​
</dict>​

Other
Audio does not work OOB through internal audio I have not tried HDMI audio. I do not know if internal WiFi is working, mine broke a couple months ago and am currently using LAN.

EDIT: I did get audio working by using the latest VoodooHDA install. Real simple. Just used a UEFI install and restart then it all sounds really good. Strangely, I could only get the front audio port to work but I'm content with that.

I have a dell inspiron 3650 but I can not load the unibeast , when it loads I only see the apple logo then it doesn't do anything.

When you say to:2. Mount USB EFI using EFI mounter v3 and edit clover.plist and fix ownership and set USBInject to true.
that is Pre- loading unibeast or the is Post after instalation? please let me know how to load make the computer to load unibeast.

I have a dell inspiron 3650 but I can not load the unibeast , when it loads I only see the apple logo then it doesn't do anything.

When you say to:2. Mount USB EFI using EFI mounter v3 and edit clover.plist and fix ownership and set USBInject to true.
that is Pre- loading unibeast or the is Post after instalation? please let me know how to load make the computer to load unibeast.

That is going to be post-creating the bootable Unibeast USB, and pre-booting the USB. After creating, mount the EFI partition of the USB (using EFI mounter), navigate to /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/config.plist, then edit the lines of code to match what I put up there. If that does not work, you can boot the USB with the command -v (verbose mode) to see the last line of code it hangs on, do a quick search of that on google and see what needs to be done.

can you download the clover setting for inspiron 3650 thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back