Contribute
Register

[Success] TP-Link TL-WDN4800 Revision 1.3 PCIe WiFi Card & OS X 10.9.4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't know if it's helpful but I had the same symptom (connect to wi-fi at startup but turn grey after a moment) when using Mac Mini 6.2 system definition. I then changed system definition into Macbook air 5,2 and everything works.

For me, the card has worked out of the box since install. I am using iMac 14,2 as the system. :thumbup:

Don't know if it's helpful but I had the same symptom (connect to wi-fi at startup but turn grey after a moment) when using Mac Mini 6.2 system definition. I then changed system definition into Macbook air 5,2 and everything works.

Please can you tell me how you did this?
I have carried out some searches and found a program Chameleon Wizard.
There is a window in the program called SMBios.

In this section there's a section on the left "Generate Serial", and under this there's "Model Number" in which there's a dropdown menu with a list of Mac types. It's currently on Mac Pro (3,1) which I assume is default.
... Q: Is this where you make the change safely?

Screen Shot 2014-07-25 at 16.04.15.png

The reason I ask is because I find myself in a similar situation. I have the same WiFi card TP-Link TL-WDN4800 (Rev.1.0, like Atlantis). I get strong WiFi to start with, but it begins to drop off, come back, and then drop off again, until it's without a connection almost all the time.

Also, when I lose the connection, the symbol in the menu bar actually stays black for a lot of the disconnected-time. It also tends to go grey when disconnected for a long time. I live-stream TV in a browser tab to test the connection.

I have an old Macbook (2007) over 2 feet (70 cm) away from the WiFi antenna of the Hackintosh, yet the MacBook connects perfectly to the same Router/Modem, while the Hack. struggles.

The back of my Hack. (where the antenna is) is away from the wall by over 2 feet (65 cm) to (hopefully) ensure it's location isn't the problem. It's also 50 cm above the floor (on a box). The MacBook is 30 cm higher on a computer desk.

Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

I am using Clover as bootloader and Clover Configurator to change the system definition. The picture you showed looks about right. Alternatively, I believe you can achieve the same result by using Multibeast. Good luck!

Just so the original purpose of this thread is not lost, v1.3 of this card does work out of the box with Mavericks for the majority of the people myself included. :headbang:

Just out of curiosity, how would one identify the revision of the card?

It's on a white sticker on the back side of the card. See the pics in my profile if you want to have a look.

Contrary to what is posted here... the 1.3 version of the card is not 100% fully working in Yosemite. The card is detected and 802.11N 2.4ghz generally works. However, for 5ghz it does not detect all USA channels.

Here is the channel listing for the card: Supported Channels: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 36, 40, 44, 48, 52, 56, 60, 64

Does anyone know why it doesn't detect the full range of 5ghz channels?

Thanks.

The 802.11n channel probably stop at channel 64 because of the FCC.
"In 2007 the FCC (United States) began requiring that devices operating on 5.250–5.350 GHz and 5.470–5.725 GHz must employ dynamic frequency selection (DFS) and transmit power control (TPC) capabilities. This is to avoid interference with weather-radar and military applications."​

References
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_WLAN_channels#5.C2.A0GHz_.28802.11a.2Fh.2Fj.2Fn.2Fac.29.5B17.5D
http://www.merunetworks.com/collateral/white-papers/80211ac-speed-vs-channel-width-wp.pdf
http://www.juniper.net/documentatio...cs/concept/wireless-radio-channel.html#jd0e45

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back