Contribute
Register

[Success] TP-Link TL-WDN4800 Revision 1.3 PCIe WiFi Card & OS X 10.9.4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi there,
I just got the WDN4800 Rev1.3. I'm on a new Sierra build and it won't recognize the card AT ALL. Doesn't show up in any place I checked. Any news on getting it to work?

Hi there,
I just got the WDN4800 Rev1.3. I'm on a new Sierra build and it won't recognize the card AT ALL. Doesn't show up in any place I checked. Any news on getting it to work?
I got the same problem but with WN881ND (the wifi indicator appears but it shows "looking for network"). Other people said that it works on El Capitan but I've been trying to find any people who using it on Sierra :(

I got the same problem but with WN881ND (the wifi indicator appears but it shows "looking for network"). Other people said that it works on El Capitan but I've been trying to find any people who using it on Sierra :(
In the meantime I've gotten Sierra to recognize theres a card in there. It even shows me all the networks etc. But every time I try to connect, it says that's impossible. Any ideas?

In the meantime I've gotten Sierra to recognize theres a card in there. It even shows me all the networks etc. But every time I try to connect, it says that's impossible. Any ideas?
Need more help :(
I've not used my Hack for 1 month because of this problem.

Just checking in if there have been some updates regarding this problem?

I am experiencing the same trouble with recently installed Sierra: everything works fine, except for wifi connection.

The TL-WDN4800 was recognized instantly after installation, but the connection is just super unstable. I've been trying out different router settings (as mentioned here or in another thread somewhere) but for now they don't seem to work. More like the opposite. By now I have to disable/reactivate WIFI like every 5-10 minutes.

Would really appreciate any help

Same here... everything works perfectly on Sierra bar the WiFi.

Installed via Clover

I get 5 GHz, but the speed is not more than 20 MB. Windows reaches 120 MB!

I can confirm that my TL-WDN-4800 (revision 1.3) works flawlessly on Sierra, just like it did on ElCapitan (10.11.6). I get the whole 50MB bandwidth from my fiber provider, and it never switched off for all the time I've been using it today. I'm not sure what could be the reason for the problems reported here by other users, but mine works great.

In case it matters, I did a new installation from scratch of 10.12.6, in a new disk. Even the installer was able to detect it and enable the network just like if it was a real Mac.

And of course it's detected as AirPort Extreme in the system report.

In case I experience any problems I'll post them here. If I don't, you can be sure that it works perfect in my installation, as I'll be using it everyday.

was it just plug and play? or do you need to install kext files also?
Plug and play. Nothing to install. Works great both when installing 10.11.6 from scratch and 10.12.6 from scratch. Now, over a month using 10.12.6, I can confirm it works flawlessly there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back