Contribute
Register

[Success] TP-Link TL-WDN4800 Revision 1.3 PCIe WiFi Card & OS X 10.9.4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some one confirm this actually my system report PCI-Saying Atheros AR9485 802.11. Same way Wi-FI- Says firmware version= Atheros 9380:4.0.74.0-p2p. refer attachment and say actually its 9485 or 9380..i wonder AR9485 is no more supported..Then how...???:crazy::crazy:
Screen Shot 2016-08-01 at 4.32.31 PM.png Screen Shot 2016-08-04 at 7.40.48 AM.png

Brand new TL-WDN-4800 (revision 1.3) working fine for me on 10.11.6. I've been working for the whole afternoon and didn't experience any of the disconnections/weak signal issues that some users posted. It works great. I must say my WiFi network hardware is 100% Apple (Airport Extreme + Airport Express), I don't know if that can influence.

My Hackintosh identifies as Mac Pro early 2008, if that matters.

I got a TL-WDN-4800 (Revision 1.0) but after a fresh install of vanilla 10.12 Osx it doesn't show as connected. In the item description it didn't say what revision was it, is there a chance that that can cause me problems?

I also have an issue with TL-WDN-4800: righ after starting a massive file download the internet connection would stop, but wifi bars stay at full power.
I use Clover instead of Multibeast.
I changed the system definition with Clover Configurator from iMac 17,1 to 14,2 and now the wifi card works ok.
Hope it will stay like this.

Can anybody confirm if the WDN4800 works fine in Sierra? It's one of the components which make me doubt if my update to Sierra will be flawless or not...

(I'm currently at 10.11.6 and it works fine for me, as I posted above)

Ok. I'm Back. :thumbup:

I would try the following:

Description:

Looks like the kext for the TL-WDN4800 might be corrupted (its part of the IO80211Family.kext) and there is something called AtherosFix.kext which is failing to load and needs to be removed on your system. Here is an overview of how to fix it:

- Unload the offending corrupted kexts
- Delete /System/Library/Extensions/AtherosFix.kext (this is not an Apple kext and appears to be corrupted)
- Delete /System/Library/Extensions/IO80211Family.kext (the plugin for your card appears to be corrupted)
- Replace IO80211Family.kext on your Hackintosh with a fresh copy from your MacBook Pro (assuming it is running 10.9.4)
- Check the permissions of the freshly copied IO80211Family.kext file
- Delete the network interfaces pref file located at /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/NetworkInterfaces.plist (will be rebuilt automatically)
- Reboot the system
- Open the network control panel and verify that all of your expected interfaces are listed
- Reconfigure IP settings for interfaces if needed
- Select and connect to your desired WiFi network from the AirPort menu

The Procedure:

This is the step by step procedure.

1) On the Hackintosh:

A. Open the terminal app and type the following and press enter after each command - enter your user name and password as prompted:
1. sudo kextunload /System/Library/Extensions/IO80211Family.kext
2. sudo kextunload /System/Library/Extensions/AtherosFix.kext
3. cd /System/Library/Extensions/
4. sudo rm -rf IO80211Family.kext
5. sudo rm -rf AtherosFix.kext

B. Leaving the terminal window open, move on to section 2)

2) From your MacBook Pro:

A. Since the network might be having issues, I would recommend using a USB stick or USB hard drive to copy /System/Library/Extensions/IO80211Family.kext from your MacBook Pro to /System/Library/Extensions/ on your Hackintosh. You can use the GUI to do this and you will be prompted for your user name and password when copying the file into the Extensions folder on your Hackintosh.
1. Insert a OS X formatted USB stick or USB hard drive into the USB port on your MacBook Pro
2. Use the GUI to navigate to the /System/Library/Extensions/ folder
3. Use the GUI to copy IO80211Family.kext to your USB drive
4. Use the GUI to eject the USB drive from your MacBook Pro

B. Move on to section 3)

3) Back on your Hackintosh:

A. Next steps are to copy the IO80211Family.kext file from your USB drive to the /System/Library/Extensions/ folder on your Hackintosh and make sure its permissions are ok
1. Insert a OS X formatted USB stick or USB hard drive into the USB port on your MacBook Pro
2. Use the GUI to navigate to the folder on the USB drive where you copied the IO80211Family.kext to (most likely it would be the root folder of the USB drive)
3. Use the GUI to double clock on your Hackintosh HDD or SSD containing your OS and navigate to the /System/Library/Extensions/ folder
4. Use the GUI to copy the IO80211Family.kext file from your USB drive to the /System/Library/Extensions/ folder on your Hackintosh. Enter your user name and password when prompted.
5. Once the copy job is completed (should be lightning fast), right click on the IO80211Family.kext file that you just copied to /System/Library/Extensions/ and select "Get Info" from the menu
6. Permissions for the file should be system read/write, wheel read only, everyone read only. If it matches move on to the next step. If they are not for some reason, click the lock icon and use the GUI to adjust the permissions as needed.
7. Go back to your terminal window and type the following and press enter after each command:
7a. cd /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/
7b. sudo rm -rf NetworkInterfaces.plist
7c. sudo sync
7d. sudo reboot

B. Now we need to rebuild the kext cache and check the network interfaces
1. Once you reach the Chimera boot loader screen, type the following and press enter: (this will force your kext cache to be rebuilt)
1a. -f
2. Upon reaching the GUI login screen go ahead and login as you normally would
3. Open the System Preferences app and click on the Network icon
4. Check to see if all your expected network interfaces are present. You might get a prompt indicating that a new interface was found. If so go ahead and add it.
5. Check each interface in the Network control panel to see if it has the desired IP configuration that applies to your network. Make adjustments as needed.
6. Go to the menu bar WiFi icon and click it to drop down the WiFi menu
7. Select your desired WiFi network and enter the password. Click Ok.
8. You should now have a working "AirPort" card :)

:geek:

Just read this post, I did exactly what you said in my Yosemite install using the IO80211Family kext from my macbook with Yosemite and I got the card to work. Thing is after the machine was turned off and somedays past, when we turned again I had to do it all over again to get to work. Any ideia what could have happened?
Thanks A LOT!!!!!

Can anybody confirm if the WDN4800 works fine in Sierra? It's one of the components which make me doubt if my update to Sierra will be flawless or not...

(I'm currently at 10.11.6 and it works fine for me, as I posted above)
I just finished a build over the weekend using Sierra and after dealing with the increasing boot option problem (flashed the bias of my GA-A170X-UD5 and problem gone) but now my network card keeps shutting down. I cannot download anything that takes more than a minute or two. If I go into the Airport Utility it will show the internet connection as down but as soon as I click on it, it comes back up green and everything is fine. I did find that if I leave the Airport Utility (I have an AirPort Extreme) open, the network link stays up and I can download forever. But only when Airport Utility is open.

I just finished a build over the weekend using Sierra and after dealing with the increasing boot option problem (flashed the bias of my GA-A170X-UD5 and problem gone) but now my network card keeps shutting down. I cannot download anything that takes more than a minute or two. If I go into the Airport Utility it will show the internet connection as down but as soon as I click on it, it comes back up green and everything is fine. I did find that if I leave the Airport Utility (I have an AirPort Extreme) open, the network link stays up and I can download forever. But only when Airport Utility is open.
Is your card a WDN4800? What revision?
Also, any Console messages that would give a hint of what's happening?

BTW, anybody using the WDN4800 successfully on Sierra?

Is your card a WDN4800? What revision?
Also, any Console messages that would give a hint of what's happening?

BTW, anybody using the WDN4800 successfully on Sierra?
I bought the exact one linked in the buyers guide from Newegg.

I bought the exact one linked in the buyers guide from Newegg.
Did you follow the advice regarding the WiFi network numbers? Some people experienced slow/unstable connections with the WDN4800 in previous OS X releases because they were using numbers different to the Apple default ones.

BTW, Googling for "WDN4800" "Sierra" returns very few hits. I really hope it works. I'm still on ElCapitan and it works flawlessly for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back