Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Tobitobst's Haswell - Z87X-D3H - i5 4670K - EVGA GTX760

Status
Not open for further replies.
@atreyu187
Initially I did not install "3rd Party SATA" and everything was fine apart from the freezes / crashing.
I did some research and it looks like a lot of Z87X Gigabyte boards suffer from this problem when loaded with four DIMM's. Some people have tried increasing the voltage and other settings on the DIMM sockets with mixed results meaning that the machine still crashes, but not as often. The only sure fix is to remove two DIMM's and only run one bank of memory. With one bank of memory installed my machine has been stable for several days, but now only has 8GB.

Sleep - If I start the machine up from the Unibeast USB stick and then select my Mavericks install everything is stable, and sleep worked perfectly meaning that I could put the machine to sleep from the keyboard and wake by pressing any key on the keyboard. Currently my machine will sleep from the keyboard (option, command, eject) or after a pre-determined amount of time, but will only wake by pressing the power or reset keys on the front panel. I can live with this.

Sound - I don't know if this works, as after it failed to work once on waking from sleep I reverted to using a USB sound stick that I have been using for years. With the USB sound stick, sound works perfectly.

One other issue I have had is that initially my keyboard, mouse and Unibeast were plugged into the two USB 2 plugs on the back panel. After trying to boot into my old OS by mistake (10.6.8 for the P55 board) the board stopped recognizing the keyboard and mouse, but continued to see the USB stick. When I tried to plug the keyboard into another socket when the machine was running it was not recognized, but was recognized on the front panel USB 2 or any of the rear USB 3 sockets if is installed before starting up the machine. "Enable legacy USB" is enabled in the BIOS. All very strange.

I bought a Z87X-D3H yesterday and installed 10.9.1 with great success.
Everything went smooth up until upgrading to 10.9.2 which made it lose audio.

I have followed the guide in this thread.

Here are my parts:
Z87X-D3H F8 BIOS
16GB RAM (2 x 8GB)
Gigabyte GT 640

Can someone please help?
I am trying to understand what's the reason ALC892 + HDEnabler stopped working after upgrading to 10.9.2

Thanks

I bought a Z87X-D3H yesterday and installed 10.9.1 with great success.
Everything went smooth up until upgrading to 10.9.2 which made it lose audio...

I am trying to understand what's the reason ALC892 + HDEnabler stopped working after upgrading to 10.9.2.
Because the Update replaced the MultiBeast audio driver/kext version with the Apple version. Just re-run MultiBeast loading only the Audio driver; re-boot and repair permissions. See Post #2 here.

Just re-run MultiBeast loading only the Audio driver; re-boot and repair permissions. See Post #2 here.

That worked great! Tried it before but probably I skipped something halfway.
Thanks!!

boot problems

So I put in all of the settings that you have recommended, but sometimes when I boot up, it goes into a white screen with an apple logo in the middle and all that I can do is move my mouse and nothing else, also whenI boot after the apple logo shows up with the loading circle it goes into a static screen for like 7 seconds and either boots into the problem I described earlier or i get into my login screen. Also, I can never turn my mac off, if I do press shutdown it goes through the shutdown process and the power light goes off for like 2 seconds and boots right back up and asks me what i want to boot up on. The only way to turn it off is is i stand behind it and wait for the light to shut off and i shut off the power supply.

Hi everybody,

first, Thank you to tobitobsts for his build

I had the same configuration except the motherboard, so I bought the same and apart from some minor problems now all set, I must say that everything works fine and it's nice.

- Intel core I5
- GA-Z87X-DH3 - Bios F7
- 2x4Gb Corsair Vengeance memory
- GTX 760 EVGA
- 2 x 2 TO Western Digital
- Dual Screen (Acer 24" + Essentiel B 18,5") (HDMI + DVI)

1) Like tobitobsts, booting for the first time with my fresh USB key without any flag was no problem.
2) The second reboot gave me a kernel panic and after using the-x flag, impossible to boot. The only solution for me that worked was to put the flag : maxmem=2048, I have 2x4GB memory (Corsair Vengeance)
3) Then, same configuration like tobitobsts for multibeast (no SSD for me) and reboot,
4) Error boot0 fixed by the first solution available here which I put an excerpt :
Solution 1: Use UniBeast
Pros: Easy- OS X Only
Cons: Requires use of the Terminal and UniBeast drive.

How To Do it:
1. Install using UniBeast
2. Boot new installation using UniBeast created USB.
3. Run MultiBeast and install as normal
4. Reboot system back into OS X installer.
5. Run Disk Utility and unmount the drive you installed OS Lion on.
6. Launch Terminal and execute the following command:

Code:
dd if=/usr/standalone/i386/boot1h of=/dev/disk0s2
7. Exit Terminal
8. Reboot Normally

Then start has worked flawlessly,

And finally, I installed the Chameleon Wizard, the new drivers NVIDIA, and fix the problem with my GA-Z87x-DH3 when i power On my computer (Error 0x31 Block 0x0 Sectors 0) by disabling USB legacy in the Bios configuration.

Thank you Tobi ans thank you to all members of the site,

[h=3][/h]

Hi !
My GA Z87X D3H has been working fine for a good 6 months now :)
Every now and then when I do OSX updates, tho I do a multibeast install (settings here) :
View attachment 2014.mb

This is the DSDT.aml I use with the Multibeast install :
View attachment DSDT.aml

To get HDMI sound output working again I also use "audio_hdmi_hd5K-hda-90_patch.command" -- I think from 'Toleda'.)

Thanks to everyone !!:wave:

Hi all! I have a similar setup with the same mobo. The key difference is F8 Bios and Older NVidia graphics.

The main problem I have is since updating to 10.9.4 I have no audio (3.5mm jack on green port on back panel) with whatever codex/appleHDA.kext I have tried. I tried re-running the latest MultiBeast by installing the ALC 892 but with no success..

1. Do you think if I try an older MultiBeast it might make a difference?
2. Do you think the BIOS version can make a difference?
3. Has anyone updated to 10.9.4 and used Multibeast 6.4.x and has normal audio? (for now I do not care about HDMI)
4. Can anyone spare me his AppleHDA.kext for me to inject and try out?

More info here, in case anyone has any clues:

http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/112...realtek-alc-applehda-guide-79.html#post866701

Else I assume I will have to go for a usb audio solution, any options/recommendations for that?

By the way my system has been running very stable for some months now, I have no problems what so ever except for audio.

Grrrr! Newbie at end of tether...

I have this exact set up, apart from running internal graphics connected to HDMI.

I can boot Unibeast, and get Mavericks installed and have tried a few different Multibeast settings that have worked for other people.

I cannot get the subsequent install to boot without -x. I have also tried a number of other flags; PCIRootUID=1, maxmem=2048 (I have one stick of 4GB RAM in at present). I did need both of them to get Unibeast and the second boot to work. I have also tried IPGEnabler=yes, but that hasn't helped either.

Without the safe boot, the current frustration is a hang on either

GetCPUID, unrecognised CPU 0x3c
or
hmm mismatch 3100 vs 20

I'm pretty happy I've got the Bios setup as described. Any ideas?

EDIT: I do have the z87x d3h, and I have now added it to my profile

Hi, i have same configuration. How your bluetooth works when system boots your wireless devices stayed paired? Because i must paired Apple keyboard and Magic Mouse every time i booted. Sorry for my English.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back