Contribute
Register

[Success] TJAudio's Build: Core i7-3930k - Sabertooth X79 - 32GB RAM - GTX670 - Mountain Lion

Status
Not open for further replies.
She's all racked up and pretty now, running Pro Tools 10 and 11, Logic X, Mainstage 3, Cubase 6. I'm getting sound via Motu 424 pcie and a 2408 interface. Best audio production computer I've used (and I've used MANY).

After tweaking the bios settings, I've got a Geekbench 3 score of 21043. I've tried to crash the computer on both ML and Win7 and can't seem to get it to crash. Tested HEAVY processing with 3DsMax, Pro Tools, Premier, AutoCAD...

Hi.

- The fans are certainly noticeable, but not nearly as loud as the G5 towers were. The PSU is surprisingly quiet, but the stock chassis fans are a bit loud. Overall, not too bad considering. I keep the computer in a machine room along with any other equipment that has a fan so I don't hear them when I'm working on audio projects.

- Yes, I did use different settings for multibeast. However, I changed them in Chameleon Wizard and seemed to get better performance from some applications. I'm not sure that it was necessary.

Kexts: VoodooTSCSync.kext 32/64 (mod IOCPUNumber to 11)

Why did you have to Mod it to 11???

Inside

Do you have any photos of the interior? I'm starting my similar build tomorrow.
Also isn't the fan for the cooler radiator 120 mm. Where did you mount it? Other than the front HDD fan I don't see another 120mm spot.

Do you have any photos of the interior? I'm starting my similar build tomorrow.
Also isn't the fan for the cooler radiator 120 mm. Where did you mount it? Other than the front HDD fan I don't see another 120mm spot.

Sorry for the delayed response. I removed the original chassis fan (front left side of the chassis) and installed the fan that came with my water cooler.

84658-shot-interior-while-building-computer.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Great build! Question for you: what informed your choice of case? I am building a 4U rack-mount system myself and want to make sure I'm evaluating all the pertinent factors. This system will be traveling in a portable rack case, so durability is my main concern other than ensuring compatibility with my mobo (haven't decided on an exact model yet, but it will be ATX). Anything else you think I should be considering in making my choice?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back