Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] ThinkServer TS140 - i3 4330 - HD4600 - Yosemite - Clover

Status
Not open for further replies.
My set up is working fairly well but with a handful of problems that I want to resolve.

On the website Younow, the saved moments, as soon as I scroll down the page, which would usually make a saved video moment on the page auto play, the computer instead locks up and I have to do a hard reset. I have played around with Safari and Flash settings but nothing works. I find Firefox works in the same situation but would to like to find a solution for Safari.

Moving a Finder window around the screen isn't silky smooth and the computer feels a little slow, responsiveness wise, especially when unfairly comparing it to an overclocked i5 3570K and HD 7870 XT/Tahiti but I would have expected it to be smoother, seem to remember it used to be smoother in the pioneering days when Rehabman patiently helped me figure out how to get the P version of HD 4600 working where seemingly everyone, at the time, said it couldn't be done and I thought I would have to buy a graphics card. It is a long time since I've used this computer and I might not be remembering, well, but I thought it was silky smooth. Might try rolling back to my original EFI folder and see if there are differences. I wondered, though, if there had been an update to Sierra or Clover that might account for this? My present config.plist is now very similar to one that Fatala kindly shared in the post above. Same Xeon E3-1225v3 CPU.

I am using the latest revision of Clover, albeit with an older version of FakeSMC and stat kexts, without which I can't get temp stats of the CPU and SSD and hard drive temps to show up. I am still unable to get Macs Fan Control to detect my out fan, though, which is the only fan that I use (I basically rehoused the motherboard, etc, in a brushed steel circular tube with a 120mm fan at the top, sucking air up from the bottom to the top. Even on the quietest bios setting, even having made a silicone shroud and attached it to the fan and steel tin top via velcro, it's still not as quiet as I would like, though temps are good. I guess I could fit a fan speed reducer but I would rather do fan speed control in software. I am also, again drifting a bit off topic, here, sorry, thinking of lining the tube with towelling material to disrupt the rushing sound of the air, though the thought of breathing in fire-proofed cotton fibres doesn't thrill me and towelling won't deaden the steel, which I had hoped was thick enough not to resonate much.

Sorry, I'm getting off-topic. Any thoughts on my on topic questions are welcome. :)

Last edited:
I was able to partially solve one of my problems. I took a resister from a three pin fan speed reducer adapter cable and wired that resister into the four pin of the out flow fan, which, along with making very little difference to CPU HD/SSD temps, lowered the noise level to a more Apple like level. Still not quite there but much better. Any thoughts on getting the fans seen by Macs Fan Control, still welcome.

I was able to get Sierra 10.12.6 running on a 2yo TS140 (Legacy Boot alongside linux), thanks for the instructions and other posts on this forum. Everything worked with Clover out of the box, except the playhead in Apple Logic X lagged (all other features in Logic appear functional).

Popping in an EVGA GeForce 1050 2gig solved that issue, and everything's now flying. Highly recommended for an entry-level Hackintosh.

Has anybody been able to install High Sierra on this Lenovo server, TS140?

installer hangs with the bar at about 3/4

Has anybody been able to install High Sierra on this Lenovo server, TS140?

installer hangs with the bar at about 4/4
Off topic in a thread about installing Yosemite but yes, it is possible.
If you need help start a new thread in High Sierra Desktop Support.

Anyone having video issues using VLC? I get audio but no video when trying to play a video in VLC player.

Just recently I started a new job and was given a full jetbrains package which include the intelij, webstorm etc apps. I also get graphics issues when using the jet brains apps.

The issue I get with the jetbrains apps is that it looks like it is just consistently refreshing the screen. iI get non stop flickering when the apps are open but it is only the apps that flicker. I have no such issues with my MacBook Pro.

Anyone else having these issues or know a solution?

I'm running 10.12.6 and have installed the p4600 kexts for the graphics. I am using 2 * 22inch displays connected via the built in DVI ports.

Anyone having video issues using VLC? I get audio but no video when trying to play a video in VLC player.

Just recently I started a new job and was given a full jetbrains package which include the intelij, webstorm etc apps. I also get graphics issues when using the jet brains apps.

The issue I get with the jetbrains apps is that it looks like it is just consistently refreshing the screen. iI get non stop flickering when the apps are open but it is only the apps that flicker. I have no such issues with my MacBook Pro.

Anyone else having these issues or know a solution?

I'm running 10.12.6 and have installed the p4600 kexts for the graphics. I am using 2 * 22inch displays connected via the built in DVI ports.

your Lenovo TS140 has DVI ports!!!??? mine only has 2 DP and one VGA.

For anyone who is looking for the audio kext its attached.

just drag and drop in System/Library/Extensions then use kext utility after putting it in the Extensions folder to repair permissions.

then reboot

I could never make audio work on my Lenovo TS140 with High Sierra work using your kext, or any other for that matter.

I could never make audio work on my Lenovo TS140 with High Sierra work using your kext, or any other for that matter.
I'm on Sierra it may not be compatible with high Sierra.

your Lenovo TS140 has DVI ports!!!??? mine only has 2 DP and one VGA.
Sorry, I meant 2 DP ports. Going to do a full clean install of Sierra in the next week and see if that sorts the issue.

Are you saying that you got High Sierra working on your TS140? I haven't tried it yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back