2. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Lenovo ThinkServer TS140 - i3 4330 - HD4600 - Yosemite - Clover

Components

Lenovo ThinkServer TS140 70A4
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Lenovo-70A4000SUK-ThinkServer-DVD-Writer-Graphics/dp/B00NFU53HW

Already Owned

Cherry Initial G82-27020 PC / Mac, Keyboard - White
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Cherry-Initial-G82-27020-Mac-Keyboard/dp/B00565991A

Microsoft IntelliMouse Optical - Mouse - optical - 5 button(s) - wired - PS/2, USB - OEM
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Microsoft-IntelliMouse-Optical-optical-button/dp/B000093SB5

Acer AL1913 Monitor - No longer available

Comments

This the second of my ‘Off the shelf’ builds came about when I had the opportunity to purchase a ThinkServer at a very reasonable price on eBay. I had it in mind to replace my ageing Compaq Proliant ML370 server which is SCSI based, uses an inordinate quantity of disks to achieve a relatively small amount of storage and on a sunny day it’s like sharing a room with a hovercraft.
I also want to run it as an OS X Workstation, an OS X Server and a Windows 7 Workstation with a view to upgrading to Windows 10 at a later date.
The TS140 is remarkably quiet, has easy access and needs no tools to install / replace (most) components.
This guide will cover the installation process for the OS X workstation portion of my plans.
The OS X version is 10.10.5 build (14F27).
Clover version is r3259.

Installation Notes

Preparation

I unpacked my shiny new server and started to connect my peripherals when I noticed the first potential problem as the only spare monitor that I had available was my vintage Acer AL1913 which is VGA only and we all know of the compatibility problems with VGA and OS X. The TS140 onboard graphics ports are 1 x VGA and 2 x DisplayPort, so I plugged the monitor cable into the (top) DisplayPort connector with a DP to VGA adapter and pressed on regardless.
The server came with two 500GB hard drives and to reduce the risk of confusion I removed the spare one before starting the installation.

I downloaded the latest BIOS (B3A) from the Lenovo website and created a USB flash drive on a Windows Laptop by following the instructions.
Upgrade the BIOS by inserting the USB flash drive (I used the front left port), power on then press F12 for the boot menu and select the flash drive. Follow the instructions.

Download the IntelMausiEthernet 2.0.0 driver - Registration required.
Download FakeSMC.kext.

Prepare a Clover installation USB flash drive by following the guide :
How To Install OS X Yosemite Using Clover

For clarity the Clover settings are reproduced here :

At the end of STEP 2 :
20. Navigate to /EFI/CLOVER/ and replace default config.plist with config.plist from this post.
21. There is no need to create a folder called 10.10 - Clover now includes this feature.
22. Navigate to /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.10/ and add FakeSMC.kext.
23. Navigate to /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.10/ and add IntelMausiEthernet.kext .
24. NullCPUPowerManagement.kext is not required for this build.
25. Navigate to /EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI/ remove VBoxHfs-64.efi and add HFSPlus.efi.
26. Not required for this build.

Create a Utilities folder on your USB installer and add these apps / kexts / drivers to it :
Clover - Clover Configurator - KextBeast - MultiBeast - FakeSMC.kext - IntelMausiEthernet.kext
HFSPlus.efi - DPCIManager - iMessageDebugv2 - MLBGen17V3 - VoodooHDA For ALC 662v2
and config.plist (from the attachment at the bottom of this post).

BIOS Settings

Power on
Press F1 to enter Setup
In the Exit tab enable OS Optimized defaults then Load Optimal Defaults.

Main
System Time & Date - Adjust if necessary.

Devices
Serial Port Setup - Disabled
Network Setup - Boot Agent - Disabled

Power
After Power Loss - Power Off
Enhanced Power Saving Mode - Enabled

Security
Secure Boot - Disabled

Startup
Primary Boot Sequence - Excluded from boot order : Remove all from Excluded (if present)
Primary Boot Sequence - USB KEY : Move to top of list
Automatic Boot Sequence - Excluded from boot order : Remove all from Excluded (if present)
Error Boot Sequence - Excluded from boot order : Remove all from Excluded (if present)
Error Boot Sequence : Move Network 1 down (If at top of list)
CSM - Enabled

F10 to Save & Exit

Installation

Place your USB flash drive in the front left socket.
Power on.
Press F12 for the Boot Menu.
Boot from USB KEY : (Clover USB flash drive)
Follow the guide from STEP 3: Install OS X Yosemite :

Note : The system may stay on “About a second remaining” for considerably longer than a second.
If this happens have patience and you will be rewarded.

When you have jumped through all of the hoops and arrived at the desktop you may proceed to the post installation phase.
Some changes to preferences that may make progress a little easier (Purely Optional) :

Post-Installation

Copy your Utilities folder from your USB installer to the desktop.

Open the Utilities folder and copy FakeSMC.kext and IntelMausiEthernet.kext to the desktop then run KextBeast.
Once KextBeast has completed you may move FakeSMC.kext and IntelMausiEthernet.kext from the Desktop to the Trash.

From the Utilities folder run the Clover installer package using these settings :

When Clover has completed copy HFSPlus.efi from your Utilities folder to YourHardDrive/EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI.
Delete VBoxHFS-64.efi from YourHardDrive/EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI.
Navigate to YourHardDrive/EFI/CLOVER/ and move config.plist to the Trash.
Copy the config.plist file from your Utilities folder to YourHardDrive/EFI/CLOVER/.

From the Utilities folder run DPCIManager and confirm that your Network Interface is set to
en0” and “Builtin”.

While you have DPCIManager open it’s a good idea to ‘Repair Perms’ and ‘Rebuild Cache’.
When complete quit DPCIManager.

Copy Clover Configurator from your Utilities folder to the /Applications folder on your hard drive.
Run Clover Configurator,
Select File - Open - YourHardDrive/EFI/CLOVER/config.plist - Open
Once your config.plist file has loaded into Clover Configurator, select the Boot Section :

Type the name of your hard drive into the Default Boot Volume box.
Adjust the menu timeout value in the Timeout box if required.

Select the SMBIOS Section :
Click on the ‘Magic Wand

Click on the iMac picture.
From the dropdown list Select iMac 14,2
then click the two Shake buttons (as many times as you like) to generate a Serial Number.
Click OK.

Once you have a Serial Number open the EveryMac.com site in Safari and paste your Serial Number into the box
Click Lookup.

If you see this message then something is wrong and you should go back to the Clover Configurator
magic wand and generate another Serial Number.

If you see this message then everything is ok and you can proceed to the next step.

Open the Apple Self Solve site in Safari.
Enter your Serial Number and click Continue.

Note : Since this guide was published Apple have changed the format of their Self Solve site but it is still possible to determine if a serial number is in Apple’s database or not.

If you see this message (and the number has passed validation at EveryMac.com) then all is OK.

If you see this message it means that you have generated the Serial Number of a Genuine Mac
that is already in Apple’s database - Do NOT use this Serial Number.
Go back to the Clover Configurator magic wand a generate a new Serial number.

Quit Safari.

Open a Terminal window and type uuidgen several times to generate some random UUIDs.

Copy one of your random UUID numbers from the Terminal window and paste it into the SmUUID box
in Clover Configurator.

Click the Rt Variables Section
From the ROM dropdown list select UseMacAddr0.

Select File - Save

Quit Clover Configurator.

Eject your USB installer.

Restart

From your /Applications folder run Clover Configurator,
Select File - Open - YourHardDrive/EFI/CLOVER/config.plist - Open
Once your config.plist file has loaded into Clover Configurator

Open the Utilities folder and run MLBGen17V3.
Type iM and press Return.
You will see a box with S/N, MLB and MAC.
Copy the generated MLB number.

In Clover Configurator select the SMBIOS Section.
Paste the MLB number generated by MLBGen17V3 into the Board Serial Number box.

Select File - Save

Quit Clover Configurator and Terminal.

Restart

Note : simpleMLB.sh is an alternative tool to MLBGen17V3 - They both serve the same purpose.

Open the Utilities folder and run iMessageDebug.
Press y and Return to save a copy called iMessageDebug.txt to your Utilities folder.

Restart

Open the Utilities folder and run iMessageDebug.
Compare the output with the saved copy in the Utilities folder.
If the two copies are the same you may go ahead and set up iMessage.

Audio
Open the Utilities folder and run the VoodooHDA For ALC 662v2 installer package.
Install
When the installer has completed close it.

Open Terminal and type
Code:
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions
Type your password (does not show on screen) and press Return.
After a minute or so quit Terminal.

Restart

Open System Preferences and configure Sound.

The initial build process is now complete and you may begin to tailor things to your specific requirements.

References

How to Fix iMessage
Clover Wiki

TS140 User Guide
TS140 Hardware Maintenance Manual
TS140 Service Parts Listing

View attachment config.plist.zip

Last edited:
Additions to the basic build

I am not a fan of 'multi booting'.
I do like to run several different operating systems and variants but I firmly believe in keeping them isolated from each other. This reduces the risk of one contaminating another and simplifies troubleshooting when things go bad. I keep all of my operating systems on separate disks.

To this end I like to include at least one Hot Swap Mobile Rack in all of my builds.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/StarTech-com-5-25in-Trayless-Mobile-3-5in/dp/B000KS8S9W

With the TS140 I can only install one rack into the single empty drive bay, I could install two if I first removed the DVD drive but for the moment I want to keep that to install other operating systems.

A Hot Swap Mobile Rack is my first addition to the basic build.

The next addition is a Solid State Drive.
No real reason for me choosing one over another apart from price.
I got a good deal on a Kingston 240GB SSDNow V300.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Kingston-Technology-240GB-Solid-2-5-inch/dp/B00A1ZTZNM

Here are the steps I took to install it :
First I dropped the SSD into an adaptor so that I could use it in the Hot Swap Mobile Rack.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Icy-Dock-MB882SP-1S-2B-to3-5-Converter/dp/B00SBYWZXW

I booted from my Clover USB installer and installed following the original procedure up to the point where you create your user account, then just powered off the computer (hold the power button in for 7 seconds). I know that it can be stopped much sooner but that's what I did.

With the SSD still in the Hot Swap tray and the Yosemite hard drive in an internal drive bay I booted to the desktop from the Yosemite hard drive.

I used Carbon Copy Cloner to make a clone of the Yosemite hard drive to the SSD.

From the Utilities folder I installed Clover to the SSD with the same Post installation settings as before.
Deleted VBoxHFS-64.efi from SSD/EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI.
Copied HFSPlus.efi from the Utilities folder to SSD/EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI.
Replaced the SSD/EFI/CLOVER/config.plist file with the one from my Yosemite hard drive.

Ran Clover Configurator and opened the SSD/EFI/CLOVER/config.plist file.
In the Boot Section I changed the Default Boot Volume from Yosemite to SSD.
In the Kernel and Kext Patches Section I added the Trim patch into KextsToPatch :

Name - IOAHCIBlockStorage
Find - 004150504C452053534400
Replace - 0000000000000000000000
Comment - Trim Patch

Save the config.plist file and quit Clover Configurator.

Repair permissions

Shutdown

Remove the Yosemite hard drive.

Boot from the SSD

Check in System Information - SATA/SATA Express that the SSD shows as Trim Support: Yes.

I now have a working SSD and my Yosemite hard drive is a useful backup.

PSU Upgrade
Next I wanted to add a Geforce GT 640 graphics card to the build but a perusal of the specs revealed that a 300W or greater PSU is recommended. My TS140 came with a 280W PSU so I set about looking for an upgrade. I found a 450W ThinkServer PSU on eBay, and although it's not a specified option for a TS140 I bought it.

The replacement has three connectors instead of the two on the original but I just coiled the 'spare' and cable tied it out of the way.
http://www.amazon.com/Lenovo-IBM-Powerspply-54Y8899-54Y8876/dp/B00F910PX2

Removal and installation was very simple :
1. Disconnect the power cable.
2. Remove the side panel from the case.
3. Disconnect the two connectors from the motherboard.
4. Remove the four securing screws at the rear of the case.
5. Remove the PSU.
6. Insert the replacement PSU.
7. Attach the PSU to the case with the four screws.
8. Connect the two connectors to the motherboard (tidy the spare lead).
9. Refit the case side panel.
10. Reconnect the power cable.
11. Test.

I have read that a normal PC PSU can be used but in that case a 24 to 14 pin adapter is required.
http://www.amazon.com/Power-Supply-Adapter-Cable-Lenovo/dp/B00WE5KSFQ

Graphics Upgrade
And now the installation of the Gainward Geforce GT 640 graphics card.
Procedure :
Run Clover Configurator and load the config.plist.
In the Boot Section, Select nvda_drv=1.
In the Graphics Section, Deselect Inject Intel and clear 0D220003 from ig-platform-id.
Save the config.plist and quit Clover Configurator.

My build is 14F27 so I downloaded the 346.02.03f01 web drivers.
Run the installer package but don't click Restart when it has completed - Leave it open.

Open Terminal and type
Code:
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions
Type your password (does not show on screen) and press Return.
After a minute or so quit Terminal.

Click Restart in the web driver installer window but when the computer restarts power it off (pull the mains lead).

Open the case and install the graphics card in the PCIE16X slot - No tools required.
Reconnect the monitor from on-board graphics to the graphics card.
Plug in the mains lead and power on.

As noted in Post #1 I'm using my ancient Acer AL1913 Monitor connected via VGA and it's working ok
Now using a NEC LCD1770NX monitor connected via DVI.
Now using a Acer P225HQ monitor connected via DVI.
Reference : Solving NVIDIA Driver Install & Loading Problems
Note : When I installed my Wacom Intuos tablet drivers there was a conflict with the web drivers.
Resolved by uninstalling the web drivers.

Upgrade Yosemite to El Capitan

Boot your current system to the desktop.

Download the El Capitan installer but quit when it attempts to install.

Backup your existing Yosemite hard drive with Time Machine (or your preferred backup solution).

When the backup has completed turn off Time Machine backups.

Clone the Yosemite hard drive to another - I use Carbon Copy Cloner.

Install Clover (r3270 or later) to the Backup drive.
Note : Since the introduction of OS X 10.11.1 you must use Clover v3292 or later.

Delete the default config.plist from Backup/EFI/CLOVER and replace it with the one from Yosemite/EFI/CLOVER.

Shutdown, remove the original Yosemite hard drive and boot from the Backup drive.

In Finder delete all of the 10.* folders from Backup/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/ (leaving just /Other).
Copy FakeSMC.kext to Backup/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other.

In Clover Configurator Open Backup/EFI/Clover/config.plist
Boot - Default Boot Volume - Change to Backup
Boot - nv_disable=1 (If you have a Nvidia graphics card)
Boot - nvda_drv=1 Deselect if you have a Nvidia graphics card
Boot - nv_spanmodepolicy=1 Select
Boot - deselect kext-dev-mode=1
Boot - deselect rootless=0
Kernel and Kext Patches - Remove Trim patch if not required on Backup drive.
RtVariables - Set BooterConfig to 0x28 and CsrActiveConfig to 0x3.
Save file and quit Clover Configurator.

Run Applications/Install OS X El Capitan - Click boxes - Enter password.

Restarts after less than 5 minutes.

At the boot loader screen select 'Boot OS X Install from Backup'.
(If you miss the restart the system will boot back to Yosemite, if this happens just restart)

The next phase takes around 30 minutes.

The system will restart and commence the final stage which takes around 15 minutes.
My screen went blank for quite a while - Check the hard drive light for reassurance if this happens.

In Clover Configurator Open Backup/EFI/Clover/config.plist
Boot - nvda_drv=1 Select if you have a Nvidia graphics card
Boot - nv_disable=1 Deselect you have a Nvidia graphics card

Save the file and quit Clover Configurator.

If you have a Nvidia graphics card install the Web drivers.

Restart

Note : Times quoted are for installation to a hard drive and may be considerably reduced if installing to a SSD.

Processor Upgrade
Changed the processor from i3-4330 to E3-1245V3.
Procedure is detailed in the TS140 Hardware Maintenance Manual :
Page 83 "Replacing the microprocessor".
Changed the System Definition to MacPro5,1.
Geekbench score jumped from 7177 to 13923.

RAM Upgrade
Installed a further 8GB of memory - Crucial CT102472BA160B 8GB DIMM 240 Pin DDR3.
Adding the Ram bumped the Geekbench score to 14718.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Crucial-CT102472BA160B-DIMM-DDR3-Memory/dp/B006YG8ZNI

USB Ports Bracket
Added a two port USB bracket.
http://www.amazon.com/Micro-SATA-Cables-Extension-Motherboard/dp/B00BSRULNK

Audio
After the upgrade to El Capitan the VoodooHDA audio ceased working and rather than fiddle around with it I switched to USB audio.
USB PnP Sound Device - Product ID: 0x013c - Vendor ID: 0x0d8c (C-MEDIA ELECTRONICS INC.).
Available at low cost from many sources - Mine came from eBay.

IR Receiver

I modded the IR Sensor from a Mac Book Pro as per Apple IR Project (1/11).
Installed it at the front of the case behind the bezel.
Drilled a hole in a PCI blanking plate so that I could run the cable to a rear USB port.
See this thread for more info : Apple IR USB Header

Apple IR Remote
Since adding the IR Sensor I can use a standard Apple IR Remote to control audio.

Last edited:
I've been keeping an eye on these for awhile. I definitely could use one as a server and the fact that it seems pretty out of the box already is a plus.

Yes, I was pleasantly surprised at just how easy it was.

Awesome guide. I like the detail regarding iMessage / iCloud.

however, why not use clover to inject your kexts in the "Post-Installation" step? It is so much cleaner if you are using clover already. All the details are included in the guides you linked.

P.S. Sorry for the formatting, posting from my phone.

Awesome guide. I like the detail regarding iMessage / iCloud.

however, why not use clover to inject your kexts in the "Post-Installation" step? It is so much cleaner if you are using clover already. All the details are included in the guides you linked.

P.S. Sorry for the formatting, posting from my phone.

A good point, I think it's a matter of personal preference really, and I have heard tales of problems with injection in El Capitan. I like my kexts in /System/Library/Extensions.

Nice post.

I see you are from the UK ( Cheers Aye ).

I have two of these TS140's with Nvidia GT610 graphics and 120gb. Samsung Evo SSD's and they perform very well for the price. I use these as Desktop computers with MS-Windows. They run quiet and cool and are small mini-tower cases. Easy to work with and up-gradable.

Not very many UK sellers ship to US however in The US you can buy this TS140 on eBay for $289 with Xeon CPU. ( Link Here )

I purchased this TS140 as a Cheap hackintosh project for $199 New @ ebay.com
Just to see how inexpensive it is to build a hackintosh.
However it ended up costing more that I expected to complete.
I does perform well however for the price.

As you can see from the benchmark scores below, I am convinced that Apple computers only wants your money and does not care about the performance of there computers.

Here are some Benchmark comparison of off-the-shelf computers and options that work with OS-X and TS140's that I would like to share just for information in case someone would to know.

CPU Benchmarks

Dell XPS 8700 with Intel-i7-4790, ( $700 ).................(4823 single core)and ( 19381 multicore).
Mac Pro 2014 - 4-core Xeon, ( $3000 Base model )........(3274 single core)and ( 13027 multicore).
TS140 Intel Xeon E3-1225($289 ), 4gb Ram,120gb SSD.....(3268 single core) and (11952 multicore).
iMac-27, 2014 -Intel i5-4690 (4cores), 1tb Fusion Drive...(3541 single core) and (11350 multicore).
TS140 -Intel i3, ( $199 ), 4gb Ram, 120gb SSD............(2911 single core) and (6334 multicore).
Mac Mini 2014 - Intel i5, 4gb ram, 500gb hard drive.......(2418 single core) and (5142 multicore).

Hard Drive Benchmarks

Dell XPS 8700 with Samsung PCIe SSD SM951......................(write -1570mb/s) and (read -1716mb/s)
TS140 with Samsung PCIe SSD SM951...................................(write -1570mb/s) and (read -1716mb/s)
Mac Pro 2014 - Xeon, $3000 Base model , PCIe SSD.(write - 783mb/s) and (read - 915mb/s).
TS140 with Kinston Predator PCie .................................(write - 663mb/s) and ( read -1189mb/s)
Dell XPS 8700 with Samsung Evo 850 mSata SSD..(write - 525mb/s) and (write - 550mb/s)
TS140 with Samsung Evo 850 120gb..........................(write - 489mb/s) and (read - 505mb/s).
TS140 with OCZ SSD blackmagic benchmarks.....(write - 368mb/s) and (read - 436mb/s).
iMac 27, 2014 Fusion Drive blackmagic benchmarks....(write - 292mb/s) and (read - 629mb/s).
Mac Mini 2014500gb. hard drive benchmarks.............(write - 90mb/s) and (read - 103mb/s).

Graphics card benchmarks

Observed Cinebench scores ( Higher is better ).

Nvidia Geforce GTX 980...................................( OpenGL 149fps ) ( CPU 824cb )
Nvidia Geforce GTX Titan.................................( OpenGL 126fps ) ( CPU 811cb )
Nvidia Geforce GTX 780...................................( OpenGL 122fps ) ( CPU 802cb )
Nvidia Geforce GTX 970...................................( OpenGL 114fps ) ( CPU 573cb )
AMD Radeon R9 290x......................................( OpenGL 112fps ) ( CPU 812cb )
iMac 2014 5K AMD Radeon R9 M295x.................( OpenGL 105fps ) ( CPU 781cb )
AMD Radeon R9 280x......................................( OpenGL 94fps ) ( CPU 560cb )
Nvidia Geforce GTX 650ti……….........................…( OpenGL 89fps ) (CPU 1056cb )

Nvidia Geforce GTX 750ti..................................( OpenGL 85fps ) ( CPU 637cb ) -
Best Value Graphics card. Works with TS140 280-watt power supply. ( works vanilla, out of the box )

Nvidia Geforce GTX 760....................................( OpenGL 82fps ) ( CPU 581cb )
Nvidia Geforce GT 740......................................( OpenGL 79fps ) ( CPU 206cb )
AMD Radeon R9 270.........................................( OpenGL 78fps ) ( CPU 240cb )
Nvidia Geforce GTX 960....................................( OpenGL 73fps ) ( CPU 914cb )
Mac Pro 2014 Dual AMD FirePro D300 .................( OpenGL 73fps ) ( CPU 736cb )
AMD Radeon R7 260x….................................……( OpenGL 73fps ) ( CPU 337cb )
DELL XPS 8700 , Nvidia Geforce GTX 745.............( OpenGL 72fps ) ( CPU 463cb )
Mac mini 2014 Intel HD 5000 graphics.................( OpenGL 23fps ) ( CPU 228cb )
Lenovo TS140 , Intel Haswell HD 4600 graphics....( OpenGL 22fps ) ( CPU 213cb )
Nvidia Geforce GT 610 ( Lenovo TS140 ).............( OpenGL 16fps ) ( CPU 338cb )

Options:

Network and WIFI

Intel Pro 1000 quad - Kexts used: Install "AppleIntelE1000" kexts and reboot computer.

Apple- Broadcom BCM94360CD Dual-band PCIe
2.4 & 5GHz. WIFI-AC 802.11ac 4 Antennas Wireless Network Card with BT4.0 ( works vanilla, out of the box )

Audio
Behringer UCA202 Audio Interface - USB
( works vanilla, out of the box )

Bluetooth
IOgear USB Bluetooth adapter.

Card reader
Sabrent 74-In-1 3.5-Inch Internal Flash Media Card Reader/writer with USB Port

Blu-ray Drive
LG WH16NS40 Super Multi Blue Internal SATA 16x Blu-ray Disc Rewriter

0003722.jpgLenovo TS140 build (1).jpg 1.png 41zXKQ1Rv6L._SL1600_.jpg Lenovo ThinkStation P300 MotherBoard.JPG 103dbdb93d008e90d0692e83169c8c8e.jpg Samsung_850_vs_Samsun_SM951.jpg Lenovo - Xeon - 001.jpg Lenovo - Xeon - 002.jpg 003.jpg

Where you able to get sleep and hibernation to work in OS-X ?

Where you able to get sleep and hibernation to work in OS-X ?

Hibernation (suspend to disk) doesn't work on a Hackintosh and should be disabled :
Code:
sudo pmset -a hibernatemode 0
sudo rm /var/vm/sleepimage
sudo mkdir /var/vm/sleepimage

I think that with a server motherboard sleep is probably going to be problematic as they just aren't designed for sleeping. As this computer is either going to be on or off I haven't looked into sleep but I may do at some point in the future.

Yeah, I really don't care too much that Sleep does not work. The Display turns off okay and I think the hard-drives turn off also.

These computers run quiet and cool that you can hardly notice that they are turned on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back