Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] ThinkServer TS140 - i3 4330 - HD4600 - Yosemite - Clover

Status
Not open for further replies.
I decided to try installing Mavericks with this guide. After all the prep, I seem to stumble into problem with installation. When I select to install from Clover USB flash drive, it just reboots the machine.
I tried using -f -v GraphicsEnabler=No cpus=1 but nothing seems to work.
Any ideas?

EDIT: I also tried making El Capitan USB flash installer. Same thing happened, it just reboots when I select install from clover screen. The last message before reboot is just "+++++++++++++++++".

Your post is off-topic for this build document.

GraphicsEnabler=No is not a valid Clover boot argument.

Perhaps if you Replace VBoxHfs-64.efi with HFSPlus.efi in EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI/

My apology. I would start a new thread about this, but since I got things working I might as well just finish it up here.

The problem was that my install destination SSD was not empty (it has a previous Mavericks installation using UniBeast). I simply wiped it with Windows' diskpart and clover boots fine.

I can confirm that your guide works for Mavericks as well. The only three problems I have are:

1. Clover Install USB boot has problem with Intel HD 4600. It would boot, but displays massive digital artefacts that the menus could not be read. I do not know how to solve this, but it's not a problem for me as I'm using a discrete graphics card.
  2. Software Update kept offering Mac EFI Security Update 2015-002 1.0 continuously, even after having it installed. This seems to be a known problem. I just disabled automatic updates and downloaded the rest of update files manually.
  3. Booting into recovery partition seems bugged. It stays at Missing Bluetooth Controller Transport! for a long time, then just continues to a white screen with beach volleyball cursor.

Thanks again P1LGRIM, I really appreciate your effort in making this guide.

My apology. I would start a new thread about this, but since I got things working I might as well just finish it up here.

The problem was that my install destination SSD was not empty (it has a previous Mavericks installation using UniBeast). I simply wiped it with Windows' diskpart and clover boots fine.

I can confirm that your guide works for Mavericks as well. The only three problems I have are:

1. Clover Install USB boot has problem with Intel HD 4600. It would boot, but displays massive digital artefacts that the menus could not be read. I do not know how to solve this, but it's not a problem for me as I'm using a discrete graphics card.
  2. Software Update kept offering Mac EFI Security Update 2015-002 1.0 continuously, even after having it installed. This seems to be a known problem. I just disabled automatic updates and downloaded the rest of update files manually.
  3. Booting into recovery partition seems bugged. It stays at Missing Bluetooth Controller Transport! for a long time, then just continues to a white screen with beach volleyball cursor.

Thanks again P1LGRIM, I really appreciate your effort in making this guide.

1. My graphics worked ok with a DP to VGA adaptor.

2. Changing your BIOS info in Clover to a version that is after the firmware upgrade should do the trick :
https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT201518

3. Try adding FakeSMC.kext to your Clover installation :
/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.11 or /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other

Unfortunately, the BIOS version is already newer than firmware upgrade

That's unlikely as the firmware upgrade is triggered by a lesser version and updates to a new version.
If the new version was there then there would be no need for an update.
It has nothing whatsoever to do with your actual BIOS.

In some cases you can ignore the update by right clicking it in App Store app and selecting Hide.

It can also be ignored by entering a command in Terminal along the lines of :

softwareupdate --ignore SecurityUpdate2015-002 or whatever it is actually named.

That's unlikely as the firmware upgrade is triggered by a lesser version and updates to a new version.
If the new version was there then there would be no need for an update.
I may be looking at the wrong thing, but here it is:
TS140-Screenshot.png
The only changes I did was to bump the version between "Firmware Features" and "Chassis Manufacturer" from 1.0 to 1.2.
The update kept on wanting to install itself over and over again, 6 times now. If this isn't not gonna get resolved, I'll just hide it.

I may be looking at the wrong thing, but here it is:
View attachment 181394
The only changes I did was to bump the version between "Firmware Features" and "Chassis Manufacturer" from 1.0 to 1.2.
The update kept on wanting to install itself over and over again, 6 times now. If this isn't not gonna get resolved, I'll just hide it.

in Terminal :
Code:
softwareupdate --list

Then :
Code:
softwareupdate --ignore "Mac EFI Security Update 2015-002"

If that is what the update is named - Use the name (in quotes) that appears after the first Terminal list.

Done and done.
Thanks for putting up with me, P1LGRIM!

For google search posterity: Yes, P1lLGRIM's guide works fully if you want to install Mavericks on TS140.
Problems you will encounter would most likely come from other things but the guide itself. Read it carefully and adjust it to 10.9 where it is applicable.

Just put in a Samsung 850 evo 500 gig ssd...evga 750ti video card and 16 gig of ram....WOW....runs awesome...did it all for 200.00....thanks amazon....thank you Pilgram for an excellent guide

Just put in a Samsung 850 evo 500 gig ssd...evga 750ti video card and 16 gig of ram....WOW....runs awesome...did it all for 200.00....thanks amazon....thank you Pilgram for an excellent guide

Thanks for the feedback - Good to see that the guide worked for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back