Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] ThinkServer TS140 - i3 4330 - HD4600 - Yosemite - Clover

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice write up piligram....awesome guide....I know mine was the easiest setup I had done....just worked....one of my kids has it now and loves it....waiting on price to drop again then will build another...(5 klds)...Lol Did my build in oct of 2014....running great still..Thanks again for the guide.

Thanks - Glad you enjoyed it :thumbup:

Thanks again Piligram for this awesome guide....bought another thinkserver....For me...LOL..but with Intel Xeon E3-1246v3 8GB RAM
same gt 640 video card....awesome compute...picked it up from amazon for 449.00....put a 500gb samsung 850 ssd....smoking fast...Thanks again....setting my old dell 7010 hack up for my younger brother...

Thanks again Piligram for this awesome guide....bought another thinkserver....For me...LOL..but with Intel Xeon E3-1246v3 8GB RAM
same gt 640 video card....awesome compute...picked it up from amazon for 449.00....put a 500gb samsung 850 ssd....smoking fast...Thanks again....setting my old dell 7010 hack up for my younger brother...

You're welcome - Enjoy your ThinkServer hack :thumbup:

Can't get over how quiet these things are...wow....my computer of choice right now....

Usually i do use store bought...have favored the dell optiplex ones for several years.....the 7010 is very easy to do...

So my fans don't turn off when I sleep the TS140. It's not the end of the world, but I'd like to fix it.

Do your (asking anyone and everyone) fans spin down when you put your TS140 to sleep? Pretty much followed P1LGRAM's build, any idea what I might be doing wrong?

Thank you for the guide, P1LGR1M.
I know this is asking a lot, but would you be so kind to make similar guide (or pointers) for Mavericks? I have the same machine, but added an SSD and a GTX 650.

I briefly tried to install El Capitan with Unibeast method, but I find the whole interface generally sluggish. I'm still very new to this, so I'm not sure the clover configuration in this guide would apply to Mavericks install without any changes.

Thanks in advance!

I had read that S3 wasn't supported in Windows, but I didn't realize that OS X relied on this for sleep. It's odd, because other than the fans, I'm pretty positive the machine is going to sleep - the hard drives spin down and the monitor goes off, and the keyboard brings everything back up.

Like I said, not the end of the world.

I directly installed ElCapitan, it works,
VoodooHDA-2.8.8 solve audio setup, RehabMan-FakePCIID-2016-0201 give better video.

I decided to try installing Mavericks with this guide. After all the prep, I seem to stumble into problem with installation. When I select to install from Clover USB flash drive, it just reboots the machine.
I tried using -f -v GraphicsEnabler=No cpus=1 but nothing seems to work.
Any ideas?

EDIT: I also tried making El Capitan USB flash installer. Same thing happened, it just reboots when I select install from clover screen. The last message before reboot is just "+++++++++++++++++".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back