HD 4600
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Can you provide me with a working config.plist for this Xeon ts140 build?
The one you posted does not appear to work for my setup.

I am trying to install El Capitan from scratch with a bootable USB install disk using clover.

The config.plist attached to Post #1 is for a Yosemite install as per the guide title, there is no way that it will work for El Capitan.

If using the original config.plist it should be edited as per the instructions in Post #2 :
Boot - nv_disable=1 (If you have a Nvidia graphics card)
Boot - nvda_drv=1 Deselect if you have a Nvidia graphics card
Boot - nv_spanmodepolicy=1 Select
Boot - deselect kext-dev-mode=1
Boot - deselect rootless=0
Kernel and Kext Patches - Remove Trim patch if not required on Backup drive.
RtVariables - Set BooterConfig to 0x28 and CsrActiveConfig to 0x3.

If you are installing 10.11.1 you must use Clover r3292 (or above).

P1LGRIM

Motherboard
Lenovo ThinkStation p300 ⌘
CPU
i7-4790K
Graphics
HD 4600
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Last edited:

corei3cpu

Banned
Motherboard
HP Intel 6300
CPU
Intel i5-3470
Graphics
Nvidia GT 710, Dual HDMI, 1080p
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook
  3. MacBook Air
  4. MacBook Pro
  5. Mac mini
  6. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Classic
  2. Color Classic
  3. iBook
  4. iMac
  5. Performa
  6. Power Mac
  7. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
My install disk has been reused on another project.

Make sure that you are using Clover v3292 or later.

Have you tried the suggestions in The big list of solutions "Prohibited" sign on boot ?

At the very least you should boot in verbose mode to give you some idea of what the problem is.

Okay, I got it to install fine. Now I am having a problem with the Nvidia GT 620 graphics card.
Boots into El Capitan with what looks like a iMac 27-inch screen size and small fonts. I am using a 32-inch Display. Also the refresh rate does not appear to be very good. I never had this problem with Yosemite install.

How can I change the screen size and refresh rate in El Capitan?

P1LGRIM

Motherboard
CPU
i7-4790K
Graphics
HD 4600
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Okay, I got it to install fine. Now I am having a problem with the Nvidia GT 620 graphics card.
Boots into El Capitan with what looks like a iMac 27-inch screen size and small fonts. I am using a 32-inch Display. Also the refresh rate does not appear to be very good. I never had this problem with Yosemite install.

How can I change the screen size and refresh rate in El Capitan?

The short answer is that I don't know the solution to your problem.
I am using a GT 640 in my build and all is well.

Suggest using the forum search tool to see if anyone has posted about the GT 620 and Clover.

You could also start a new thread in the Graphics section.

Motherboard
x61 Tablet
CPU
L7500
Graphics
x3100
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
PILGRIM,

Thanks a lot of the great guide. I'm pretty much convinced that this is my next build.

Speculative question, do you think there'd be any problems using the displayport to carry video and 5.1 to a TV? I wouldn't be using any other graphics card.

P1LGRIM

Motherboard
CPU
i7-4790K
Graphics
HD 4600
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
PILGRIM,

Thanks a lot of the great guide. I'm pretty much convinced that this is my next build.

Speculative question, do you think there'd be any problems using the displayport to carry video and 5.1 to a TV? I wouldn't be using any other graphics card.

Obviously there would be a dependancy on the processor but as I don't use the display port or a TV or indeed the integrated graphics, I'm sorry but I just don't know the answer to your question.

Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Would I be able to use this on a dell poweredge t20? Has the same exact xeon processor...also have you or anyone used this in a vm? like esxi or hyper v? I would like to add this as a vm on the t20..thanks:)

P1LGRIM

Motherboard
CPU
i7-4790K
Graphics
HD 4600
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Would I be able to use this on a dell poweredge t20? Has the same exact xeon processor...
I doubt it, success would depend on more than just one common part.

have you or anyone used this in a vm?
I haven't but I can't speak for anyone else.

I would like to add this as a vm on the t20
What is the "this" that you would like to add as a VM ?

Motherboard
x61 Tablet
CPU
L7500
Graphics
x3100
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
P1LGRIM,

To answer my own question, and in case anyone else was asking it too, the built in graphics can definitely be used for both video and surround sound. I purchased a TS140 i3-4130 and with a little bit of fiddling using the guides below, I got it working.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/graphics/...ics-fix-full-support-alternate-cpus-os-x.html
http://www.tonymacx86.com/hdmi-audio/143760-audio-hdmi-audio-applehda-guide.html

The audio was a slog, lotsa reading, but very doable. The video was super easy. I thought about doing my own write up for anyone else in my situation, but yours is already so thorough that I think posting the additional links I used should suffice. Thanks again for the guide. Because of it, I've got a great little server and HTPC for $250.

P1LGRIM

Motherboard
CPU
i7-4790K
Graphics
HD 4600
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
To answer my own question, and in case anyone else was asking it too, the built in graphics can definitely be used for both video and surround sound. I purchased a TS140 i3-4130 and with a little bit of fiddling using the guides below, I got it working

Thanks for the feedback - So glad to see that it all worked out ok for you :thumbup: