Motherboard
GA-H67A-UD3H-B3
CPU
i7
Graphics
GT 710
Mobile Phone
iOS
For anyone who is looking for the audio kext its attached.

just drag and drop in System/Library/Extensions then use kext utility after putting it in the Extensions folder to repair permissions.

then reboot
I could never make audio work on my Lenovo TS140 with High Sierra work using your kext, or any other for that matter.

Motherboard
Lenovo TS140 & Dell T20
CPU
both 1225v3
Graphics
on board in both
Mac
MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
Power Mac
Mobile Phone
Android
I could never make audio work on my Lenovo TS140 with High Sierra work using your kext, or any other for that matter.
I'm on Sierra it may not be compatible with high Sierra.

your Lenovo TS140 has DVI ports!!!??? mine only has 2 DP and one VGA.
Sorry, I meant 2 DP ports. Going to do a full clean install of Sierra in the next week and see if that sorts the issue.

Motherboard
Lenovo ThinkServer TS140
CPU
i7
Graphics
GT 740
Are you saying that you got High Sierra working on your TS140? I haven't tried it yet.

Motherboard
dell vostro 420
CPU
i5 quad
Graphics
nvidia 240
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
anyone been able to use a NVME hard drive and adapter on the ts140 and got it to boot?

got a samsung 960 and adapter...cant get the computer to see it..

Hi! I am installing using MutliBeast. I have a SAS RAOD card. Do you think I can get it to work with the system? Ipulled out the card and am going directly to the Sata0 port.

Last edited:
Hello!

Is there any update to this article, I cant seem to get OSx installed for the life of me. I am using clover.

P1LGRIM

Motherboard
Lenovo ThinkStation p300 ⌘
CPU
i7-4790K
Graphics
HD 4600
Mac
MacBook Pro, Mac mini
Classic Mac
Power Mac
Mobile Phone
iOS
Motherboard
Thinkserver 140
CPU
i3
Graphics
EVGA GeForce 1050 2g
Mac
Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
Android
I got High Sierra installed on it using UniBeast. I can't get a working boot without the USB installer though.

After a number of failed attempts with MultiBeast, and then with Vanilla Clover, I think I may not be understanding something basic about Preboot partitions. Haven't messed with the NVIDIA drivers yet because I want a stable boot first.

I'm going to try to roll back to legacy boot by deleting everything in the EFI folder and working from a clean Clover build.

Motherboard
Lenovo ThinkServer TS140
CPU
i7
Graphics
GT 740
- I am on Mojave and have no plans to update to Catalina; at least, not for some time. So, I can confirm that Mojave works fine on this platform.
- I have done several installs/upgrades to my TS140 since this thread began. I recommend you do not use UEFI and stick with the legacy boot loader. I've never been able to make UEFI work -- tried all the BIOS settings that are relevant.
- Also, be sure to upgrade the TS140 BIOS. I know there's been, at least, one upgrade since this platform's initial release.

Motherboard
Thinkserver 140
CPU
i3
Graphics
EVGA GeForce 1050 2g
Mac
Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
Android
Mm thanks for that. I'll try flashing the BIOS and switching to the legacy bootloader.
I haven't touched the BIOS, so that's a helpful thought.

High Sierra starts fine if I boot Clover from USB (created with UniBeast), but haven't managed to get a successful boot from the main disk, or get the 1050 working properly. I wasn't able to update directly from Sierra so this was a clean install. I'm probably just doing something stupid.

What I've tried so far:
  • running MultiBeast (10.4.0) from scratch, UEFI, just FakeSMC.kext
    • fails to find OS
  • Wiping entire EFI and starting over with fresh Clover package / minimal kexts
    • boots to blank screen
  • Merging previous working EFI from Sierra install with new one
    • Fails to find OS
  • Erasing everything in EFI, started over with MultiBeast, carefully picking kexts
    • Fails to find OS
  • Replacing entire EFI file with working EFI file from UniBeast Install High Sierra USB
    • This is what ended up working for me last time, although IIRC I may have had to mess with some permissions - something else to check
    • Fails to find OS.