Motherboard
Lenovo TS140 C226 Chipset
CPU
E3-1246v3
Graphics
HD 4600
Mac
MacBook Pro, Mac mini
I am currently running Sierra 10.12.5. For anybody who is trying to get their HD P4600 graphics card to work on their TS140, try the following:
  1. Install the latest FakePCIID.kext and FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics.kext.
  2. Under "Devices>FakeID>IntelGFX" section, add 0x04128086.
  3. Under "Devices>Properties", select "NoDefaultProperties".
  4. Under "Devices>Add Properties" section, add the following:
    1. Devices: IntelGFX; Key: AAPL,ig-platform-id; Value: 0300220D; Value Type: DATA
  5. Under "Graphics>ig-platform-id" use 0D220003
  6. Under "Graphics", select "Inject Intel"
I am using a dual monitor setup (Full HD), connected to both DP ports.
My dual monitors work fine on 10.12.5 and Clover 4061. Have you updated clover beyond this version? Simply updating clover disables the iGPU.

Motherboard
Lenovo TS140 / Intel C226 Chipset
CPU
Xeon E3-1225v3
Graphics
Intel P4600
My dual monitors work fine on 10.12.5 and Clover 4061. Have you updated clover beyond this version? Simply updating clover disables the iGPU.
I am sorry if I mis-stated my issue: My config is running fine on Clover 4061. When I update to any version beyond 4061, the IntelGFX stops working.

Incidentally, clover version 4064 "updated" Intel Injection (by Sherlock).
Screen Shot 2017-07-26 at 6.09.17 PM.png

... and there might be a missing bracket which could be the cause for not setting the ID to 0x04128086.

Screen Shot 2017-07-26 at 6.10.45 PM.png

So until the error is corrected, I don't think we will be able to use our Intel GFX with newer versions of Clover.

Motherboard
Lenovo TS140 / Intel C226 Chipset
CPU
Xeon E3-1225v3
Graphics
Intel P4600
Ok guys, here is my two cents contribution to this awesome thread (Thanks to Sherlocks, great Clover developer - there was no bug in the new Clover code as I erroneously mentioned earlier; just a change in the code which affected our build and requires our config.plist to be tweaked):

In order to get the Intel HD P4600 to work properly on the latest Clover build, and to clean up our config.plist do the following:
  1. Install the latest FakePCIID.kext and FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics.kext.
  2. ACPI > Clear the Reset Address and Reset Value.
  3. Devices > Clear all Fake IDs including the InteGFX 0x04128086 (apparently, the new Clover code is smart enough to detect the recognize the Intel graphics card.
  4. Devices >Properties, de-select all options including "NoDefaultProperties
  5. Devices > "Add Properties" clear all inputs
  6. Graphics > Clear all inputs and checkboxes including the ig-platform-id, except for the "Inject Intel" checkmark
  7. Delete the following code from the config.plist
    1. <key>FBName</key>
      <string></string>
    2. <key>NvidiaSingle</key>
      <false/>
    3. <key>CustomUUID</key>
      <string></string>
  8. System Parameters > Clear the Backlight Level input
I have attached my config.plist for reference.

Attachments

Motherboard
GA-Z77MX-D3H-TH
CPU
i5 3570K
Graphics
VTX3D 7870 Tahiti (7950 variant; needs Aji in Clover config.plist or black screen.)
Mac
iMac, Mac mini
My set up is working fairly well but with a handful of problems that I want to resolve.

On the website Younow, the saved moments, as soon as I scroll down the page, which would usually make a saved video moment on the page auto play, the computer instead locks up and I have to do a hard reset. I have played around with Safari and Flash settings but nothing works. I find Firefox works in the same situation but would to like to find a solution for Safari.

Moving a Finder window around the screen isn't silky smooth and the computer feels a little slow, responsiveness wise, especially when unfairly comparing it to an overclocked i5 3570K and HD 7870 XT/Tahiti but I would have expected it to be smoother, seem to remember it used to be smoother in the pioneering days when Rehabman patiently helped me figure out how to get the P version of HD 4600 working where seemingly everyone, at the time, said it couldn't be done and I thought I would have to buy a graphics card. It is a long time since I've used this computer and I might not be remembering, well, but I thought it was silky smooth. Might try rolling back to my original EFI folder and see if there are differences. I wondered, though, if there had been an update to Sierra or Clover that might account for this? My present config.plist is now very similar to one that Fatala kindly shared in the post above. Same Xeon E3-1225v3 CPU.

I am using the latest revision of Clover, albeit with an older version of FakeSMC and stat kexts, without which I can't get temp stats of the CPU and SSD and hard drive temps to show up. I am still unable to get Macs Fan Control to detect my out fan, though, which is the only fan that I use (I basically rehoused the motherboard, etc, in a brushed steel circular tube with a 120mm fan at the top, sucking air up from the bottom to the top. Even on the quietest bios setting, even having made a silicone shroud and attached it to the fan and steel tin top via velcro, it's still not as quiet as I would like, though temps are good. I guess I could fit a fan speed reducer but I would rather do fan speed control in software. I am also, again drifting a bit off topic, here, sorry, thinking of lining the tube with towelling material to disrupt the rushing sound of the air, though the thought of breathing in fire-proofed cotton fibres doesn't thrill me and towelling won't deaden the steel, which I had hoped was thick enough not to resonate much.

Sorry, I'm getting off-topic. Any thoughts on my on topic questions are welcome. :)

Last edited:
Motherboard
GA-Z77MX-D3H-TH
CPU
i5 3570K
Graphics
VTX3D 7870 Tahiti (7950 variant; needs Aji in Clover config.plist or black screen.)
Mac
iMac, Mac mini
I was able to partially solve one of my problems. I took a resister from a three pin fan speed reducer adapter cable and wired that resister into the four pin of the out flow fan, which, along with making very little difference to CPU HD/SSD temps, lowered the noise level to a more Apple like level. Still not quite there but much better. Any thoughts on getting the fans seen by Macs Fan Control, still welcome.

Motherboard
Thinkserver 140
CPU
i3
Graphics
EVGA GeForce 1050 2g
Mac
Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
Android
I was able to get Sierra 10.12.6 running on a 2yo TS140 (Legacy Boot alongside linux), thanks for the instructions and other posts on this forum. Everything worked with Clover out of the box, except the playhead in Apple Logic X lagged (all other features in Logic appear functional).

Popping in an EVGA GeForce 1050 2gig solved that issue, and everything's now flying. Highly recommended for an entry-level Hackintosh.

Motherboard
GA-H67A-UD3H-B3
CPU
i7
Graphics
GT 710
Mobile Phone
iOS
Has anybody been able to install High Sierra on this Lenovo server, TS140?

installer hangs with the bar at about 3/4

P1LGRIM

Motherboard
Lenovo ThinkStation p300 ⌘
CPU
i7-4790K
Graphics
HD 4600
Mac
MacBook Pro, Mac mini
Classic Mac
Power Mac
Mobile Phone
iOS
Has anybody been able to install High Sierra on this Lenovo server, TS140?

installer hangs with the bar at about 4/4
Off topic in a thread about installing Yosemite but yes, it is possible.
If you need help start a new thread in High Sierra Desktop Support.

Motherboard
Lenovo TS140 & Dell T20
CPU
both 1225v3
Graphics
on board in both
Mac
MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
Power Mac
Mobile Phone
Android
Anyone having video issues using VLC? I get audio but no video when trying to play a video in VLC player.

Just recently I started a new job and was given a full jetbrains package which include the intelij, webstorm etc apps. I also get graphics issues when using the jet brains apps.

The issue I get with the jetbrains apps is that it looks like it is just consistently refreshing the screen. iI get non stop flickering when the apps are open but it is only the apps that flicker. I have no such issues with my MacBook Pro.

Anyone else having these issues or know a solution?

I'm running 10.12.6 and have installed the p4600 kexts for the graphics. I am using 2 * 22inch displays connected via the built in DVI ports.

Motherboard
GA-H67A-UD3H-B3
CPU
i7
Graphics
GT 710
Mobile Phone
iOS
Anyone having video issues using VLC? I get audio but no video when trying to play a video in VLC player.

Just recently I started a new job and was given a full jetbrains package which include the intelij, webstorm etc apps. I also get graphics issues when using the jet brains apps.

The issue I get with the jetbrains apps is that it looks like it is just consistently refreshing the screen. iI get non stop flickering when the apps are open but it is only the apps that flicker. I have no such issues with my MacBook Pro.

Anyone else having these issues or know a solution?

I'm running 10.12.6 and have installed the p4600 kexts for the graphics. I am using 2 * 22inch displays connected via the built in DVI ports.

your Lenovo TS140 has DVI ports!!!??? mine only has 2 DP and one VGA.