Contribute
Register

[success] Tagus Thunderbolt WebDev Station: GA-Z77MX-D3H TH (rev. 1.0) / Core i5 3570K / 16GB RAM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some months ago my Creative Xmod USB stick died, so I installed a VoodooHDA.kext, fully expecting kernel panics and a trip to Amazon. I should say, I am not using a DSDT file. To my delight, I experienced no kernel panics at all and, to date, as far as I can tell, it hasn't been responsible for any instability. Today, I decided to try plugging in a mic but, unfortunately, that wasn't detected by Mavericks. I wonder if anyone out there has a VoodooHDA kext that works without kernel panic with not just sound but a working mic input?

I used Clover running from an EFI partition to boot and the kexts that I have installed to Extensions are - GenericUSBXHCI, ALXEthernet.kext (I wanted to avoid installing this but, recently, wasn't able to get software update to recognise my computer, otherwise) HWInfo.kext and FakeSMC.kext (the latter two kexts come from the ISO of the Clover boot loader CD image) and the VoodooHDA.kext, that I include here. Again, if someone has a version with working mic, it would be good to know.

Attachments

• voodoonhda kext VIA VT2021.zip
    163.8 KB · Views: 100
Anyone with USB 3 ports issues on mavericks and the GA-Z77MX-D3H TH (rev. 1.0)
Try the new GenericUSBXHCI 1.2.7 :
http://sourceforge.net/projects/genericusbxhci/files/
I installed that kext. During sleep, the USB hard drives disconnect and I get the improperly dismounted error. Any workarounds, there? I would prefer not to use a dsdt, though partly because it's another thing to master!

hello all,

any of you guys successful in updating to yosemite? i just updated mine last night. installation went on without a problem. i opened multibeast, i chose easy setup, dsdt free, clicked the correct drivers for the audio and network. i ran repair disk permissions after.

now, booting up has become erratic. sometimes it boots up properly but sometimes i just get a gray screen after the apple logo with the mouse stuck in the upper left corner. sound and network connections work properly during instances that it boots up properly.

here are my complete specs btw.

gigabyte z77mxd3h-th
intel i3770k
nvidia gtforce 650ti

thanks in advance.

Hi all. Wondering if anyone have made the clover transition using this board?
Im in the midst of it right now but no joy at the moment.
Could do the installation but not boot up afterwards.

overall feel quite clover illiterate :(

Any help appriciated
Suras

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back