Contribute
Register

[success] Tagus Thunderbolt WebDev Station: GA-Z77MX-D3H TH (rev. 1.0) / Core i5 3570K / 16GB RAM

Status
Not open for further replies.
I ordered a rev 1.0 version of this motherboard and am looking forward to this build!!

I ordered a rev 1.0 version of this motherboard and am looking forward to this build!!
How can I check which rev the motherboard is? Last year I've built a gamePC (just purely to game, I have a MacBook Pro for everything else) and I'm thinking about running OSX on it if the motherboard is capable of it :)

^ For this motherboard the rev is displayed in the form of white writing which is located on the upper-left corner; depending on the lighting and angle from which you are trying to view it, it can be a tab bit tricky to spot ...

Just got mine in today.. only to find that it was rev 1.1 and not rev 1.0 (I specifically asked the seller for 1.0 before making the purchase):banghead:...

I wanted to play it safe since rev 1.0 has been documented to work in various success threads; looks like I'm going to try hackintoshing it anyway - ASAP - and in the meantime contact the seller and set up things for a return in case the install doesn't work...

The only thing I found in favor of rev 1.1 was the possibility that the audio chipset may have been switched to Realtek - but I've not been able to find anything else on the internet which would corroborate this... and the manual that came with the board is in Japanese lol

Any other thoughts, insights, suggestions etc?

Have you tried safe boot -x after you install mLion with the unibeast USB? Try safe mode on the first boot, if you see the endless spinning wheel.

After that, on mLion Disable graphics on multibeast options, remove the mBeast usb and reboot again and change the plist to the type of iGPU or dGPU installed on your machine.

oops 2 late you got another mobo, now.

Hi!
I lost sleep on Z77MX-D3H TH after 10.8.5 update. Don't you have such problem?

Looks like everything seems to work on my rev 1.1 build to the point I made 2 more - but I just realized that I can't get youtube to work properly... both 10.8.4 and Mavericks 10.9.0..

Basically, a video will play for about 7 seconds, then freeze.. I can get it to resume by dragging within the timeline, but then it will stop again after a few seconds...

One of the builds uses the HD 4000and the other a GTX570?

Also I have not installed any audio drivers - I've been using a dedicated audio interface via Thunderbolt..

Any thoughts or suggestions?

I found a fix!

Looks like YouTube will play if I have the audio interface conected.

I've heard of success with the Voodoo VT2021 driver so I think I'll give that a shot and see how it works with the 570 build..

I found a fix!

Looks like YouTube will play if I have the audio interface conected.

I've heard of success with the Voodoo VT2021 driver so I think I'll give that a shot and see how it works with the 570 build..

Great find B-San, I noticed a few glitches after 1.8.3 on mavericks seems ok.
I tried voodoo on Mountain Lion, yet I found that the sound quality wasn't great, so I use the thunderbolt speakers or the usb->amplifier for sound.

I will have a go at the current version of voodoo, although I prefer to keep it simple(software wise) and stable.

More Voodoo users:
http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/289750-gigabyte-ga-z77mx-dh3-core-i5-2500k-nvidia-gtx560/

p.s. Next year I will probably get a 7870 XT or a 7950 now that adobe is supporting OpenCL , also curious about intel releasing a competitive price for a PCIe after december's mac pro release, Asus had one but wasn't released.
http://www.hardwareluxx.com/index.p...el-thunderbolt-pcie-steckkarte-01f4dffa0.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back