Contribute
Register

[success] Tagus Thunderbolt WebDev Station: GA-Z77MX-D3H TH (rev. 1.0) / Core i5 3570K / 16GB RAM

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have this same board was wondering has Mac OS X ever freeze up on you. I have had moments when the computer just locks up and I have to restart. I could be in the middle of something and I am forced to start over due to this one issue.

That happened to me too, but only once or twice when I was testing the CPU overclock. A few days ago I updated to 10.8.3 and my machine continues stable (safari is great now. it was crap, crashing etc but this was a problem also mentioned by other people with genuine Apple products and Mountain Lion). I will post some new info and pics on the 10.8.3 update soon.

More about fitting a Micro Atx on the Prodigy Case. (probably you have seen this before)
http://www.tonymacx86.com/retail-cases/63866-neilharts-prodigy-white-one-matx-itx-case-7.html

I have an important question! My system refuses to create a chameleon directory and of course the "org.chameleon.Boot.plist". So every time when I boot the computer, I must press the enter key in order start OS X.

Is there a way to change this situation?

I have an important question! My system refuses to create a chameleon directory and of course the "org.chameleon.Boot.plist". So every time when I boot the computer, I must press the enter key in order start OS X.

Is there a way to change this situation?

I followed the simple steps described on tony's post and everything went fine, I only used Multibeast.

You could try the Chameleon wizard to create and files. I hope this helps.
http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/257464-chameleon-wizard-utility-for-chameleon/

bildschirmfoto20111216ua.png

What im asking is how did you get sound working through your thunderbolt displa? Any issues?

Im keen on this board using a apple cinema display 24 inch but im worried about not being able to get sound through my cinema display.
Do you foresee any issues?

Is voodoo required and patching up still required when the sound is coming through one of the usb connection of the cinema display?

What im asking is how did you get sound working through your thunderbolt displa? Any issues?

Im keen on this board using a apple cinema display 24 inch but im worried about not being able to get sound through my cinema display.
Do you foresee any issues?

Is voodoo required and patching up still required when the sound is coming through one of the usb connection of the cinema display?

No, sound works on the the Thunderlbolt display, out of the box, but this is thunderbolt(video/sound/data), if your are using a mini display port(video), usb Cinema display(audio) it should work fine, but you better ask someone with a Cinema display Monitor, I never tried this mobo on a cinema display. Yet my usb for the sound to the amplifier on the mobo back panel, works out of the box, so your cinema display USB might be able to work too and yes sound can go through the USB sound adapter too if this is connected on the back thunderbolt monitor, its just another USB port, although I use the USB audio on the mobo.

Facetime camera everything works on OSx but on windows OS facetime camera will not work(I don't use it)

Sound cinema display

We generally wouldn't bother with mentioning a monitor's audio qualities specifically, but Apple has clearly given this screen something worthy of talking about. Audio is delivered automatically over USB 2.0 from one's laptop to the screen, and while we can only chuckle at the ".1" part of the "2.1" audio system, the quality is darn impressive. When hooking up your notebook, audio is instantly ported from the lappie's speakers to the monitor's speakers when the USB connector of the tri-prong cable is hooked up, and the clarity is superb. It gets plenty loud for desk use, and it does a noteworthy job of dispersing sound in a way that envelopes the user. In other words, it actually sounds like stereo, not just a puny tweeter doing its best to crank out full-range monaural sound.

Thanks very much! It answers alot of my questions. While theres no way to know for sure, im somewhat confident that by using the usb off the cinema display, sound will work on the monitor as sound works off a USB for audio devices straight out of the box.

Using that logic, cant really see any reason why it wont work.

I have this same board was wondering has Mac OS X ever freeze up on you. I have had moments when the computer just locks up and I have to restart. I could be in the middle of something and I am forced to start over due to this one issue.

Good luck, yet remember that you are reversing my process, on thunderbolt channels its fine, and my usb sound adapter chip might be different from the way Apple made the USB sound Cinema display connection.

Old news (snow leopard maybe), they mention something about sound, its a similar display. http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/232576-apple-led-cinema-display-27-inch-on-a-hackintosh/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back