Contribute
Register

[success] Tagus Thunderbolt WebDev Station: GA-Z77MX-D3H TH (rev. 1.0) / Core i5 3570K / 16GB RAM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus X299 Prime Deluxe
CPU
i7-7980XE
Graphics
GTX 1080 Ti
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Great find B-San, I noticed a few glitches after 1.8.3 on mavericks seems ok.
I tried voodoo on Mountain Lion, yet I found that the sound quality wasn't great, so I use the thunderbolt speakers or the usb->amplifier for sound.

I will have a go at the current version of voodoo, although I prefer to keep it simple(software wise) and stable.

More Voodoo users:
http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/289750-gigabyte-ga-z77mx-dh3-core-i5-2500k-nvidia-gtx560/

p.s. Next year I will probably get a 7870 XT or a 7950 now that adobe is supporting OpenCL , also curious about intel releasing a competitive price for a PCIe after december's mac pro release, Asus had one but wasn't released.
http://www.hardwareluxx.com/index.p...el-thunderbolt-pcie-steckkarte-01f4dffa0.html

Thanks for your reply, nfilg!

I was able to load the Voodoo VT2021 driver via multibeast and have it working with Mavericks..

The only problem was a KP upon reboot.. after booting into safe mode, repairing disk permissions all has been well!

I believe the KP may have been due to my forgetting to repair disk permissions before installing the Voodoo driver.. also in hindsight, I would repaired disk permissions after install and before reboot as well..

I haven't gotten too deep into testing yet, but the audio quality appears to be the same as another build I did with a Z77N WiFi (realtek audio).

..also I'm the same as you; I try to load as little drivers as possible.. for my audio builds, I actually prefer to load no audio driver at all - as I would be using an audio interface for those duties...

Thank you for the other information and link as well!

My last step I would like to accomplish is getting HDMI audio to work on my GTX570.. the following thread is the closest I could find that may hold a solution:

http://www.tonymacx86.com/user-buil...x-d3h-th-16gb-ram-gtx-660ti-7.html#post705084

Hopefully you may have time to check it out, but either way - I look forward to your thoughts!

Motherboard
Asus X299 Prime Deluxe
CPU
i7-7980XE
Graphics
GTX 1080 Ti
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Oh yeah, that PCIe Thunderbolt card would be awesome!

Motherboard
p4p
CPU
i5
Graphics
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Thanks, settings got my machine finally working, although I did not try for months in the meantime. Graphics, USB, Display all seem to be working fine under Mavericks

B

Motherboard
p4p
CPU
i5
Graphics
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
OK, this all worked with a normal 5400 HDD, put in a new Samsum 840 SSD and did a reinstall with Unibeast and used the same Multibeast usb startup. Now again it get stuck with the spinning wheel.

Any suggestions?

Motherboard
Asus X299 Prime Deluxe
CPU
i7-7980XE
Graphics
GTX 1080 Ti
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Try booting in safe mode? (-x)

Motherboard
GA-Z77MX-D3H TH
CPU
i7 3770K
Graphics
HD4000
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Air
  3. Mac mini
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi.
Im using a very similar system as yours (rev 1.0 of the MB, using internal graphics to power a 1440p display over TB1 and using TB2 for mass storage)
I had a stable and well performing 10.8x system running for over 8 months and decided to finally update to 10.9.1 last weekend. Installation went fine (I took the long route using unibeast), but I am stuck at that it only boots in safemode ( -x).:banghead:
Would you care to share your settings for multibeast? Sys def etc.

Cheers
Suras

Motherboard
Asus Z97-A
CPU
Intel Celeron G1840
Graphics
EVGA GTX 750 Ti + Asus EX II Thunderbolt -> LG 34UM95
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
P3220001.jpg
Latest pics - testing ubuntu and maybe Mint later

Note about Mavericks and Thunderbolt display: Changed the RAM 16gb 2X8 from slot 1, 2 to 1,3 and thunderbolt display had some issues changed back to slot 1,2 on Mavericks and is working 100%

My Mbeast at the moment, with the latest Mavericks release:
View attachment GA-Z77MX-D3H-TH.mb

@ SURAS
After safe boot try this on the org.chameleon.Boot.plist in your osX extra folder and repair the disk permissions then restart again:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>No</string>
<key>IGPEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Kernel</key>
<string>mach_kernel</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string></string>
<key>Legacy Logo</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Timeout</key>
<string>2</string>
<key>GenerateCStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GeneratePStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>UseKernelCache</key>
<string>Yes</string>
</dict>
</plist>

Motherboard
Macbook Pro
CPU
Intel Duo Core
Graphics
Nvida
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Hi

Just a quick question I have almost exact build as you but I do have random freeze and crash issues when I upgraded to Mavericks. Do you experience this too? I tried looking into the logs but there is nothing there no KP or errors.

Any help or suggestions would be great

Motherboard
Asus Z97-A
CPU
Intel Celeron G1840
Graphics
EVGA GTX 750 Ti + Asus EX II Thunderbolt -> LG 34UM95
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hi. Did you do a clean install? Try to download the latest Mavericks release from the App Store and install it already with 10.9.1
I did a clean install and then loaded my settings from the timeMachine/synology. Freezes free!

The only trouble I had with mavericks was some thunderbolt display flicker/black screen when I inserted the RAM on slot 1 and 3 of the motherboard this week, just for a test then inserted back to 1,2 slots and is working fine now.
Some other users had this flicker issue with this too.
https://discussions.apple.com/message/24491878?tstart=0#24491878?tstart=0
Probably the display flicker and RAM have something to do with this:
https://discussions.apple.com/thread/5482844

Motherboard
Macbook Pro
CPU
Intel Duo Core
Graphics
Nvida
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Hi

Did initially the upgrade but also tried a clean install, still the same. Will try to change ram memory slots as you suggested and will see if it helps

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.