Contribute
Register

[Success] SynGatesFan200s Intel NUC DC3217BY Thunderbolt Edition/Non-Thunderbolt edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't seem to get BT in my DW1702 working on either 10.8 or 10.9 with the included kext files. Is it possible the PID on my card is different and is there any way to tell this?

Edit: Success, must have been something with my particular PID.

Thunderbolt display issues:

Anyone got to the bottom of them? I'm trying to use dual displays on my NUC ML 10.8.4.

If I connect both at once and power on the NUC hard reboots a few seconds after post
If I connect both and -v -x I get in without problems.
If I connect HDMI - boot - then connect Thunderbolt - I get nasty sky blue screen hang (finder and wallpapers disappear.
If I connect Thunderbolt - boot - then connect HDMI - everything works perfectly...

Would really like to sort this out so that I don't have to keep plugging the HDMI each time.

On a separate note - does anyone have a guide for putting 10.9 on this box? Which method, DSDT and Kexts would I need?

Cheers NUC'ers

THUNDERBOLT EDIT!

FIXED IT

For dual displays you must set in BIOS - Thunderbolt as Primary and HDMI as Secondary. With HDMI as Primary and both displays connected OSX vomits.

are you using an apple thunderbolt display or a monitor with displayport?

Sure thing! Give me a sec :) BTW as an update for all of you, 10.8.3 has been released and works just fine on my unit. ALSO there is a BIOS update for 0039. I upgraded and things still work just fine.

I just updated my bios on my DC3217BY to version 0048 successfully.

Does anyone have a DSDT for version 0048 or can point me in a direction as to how exactly to make one from scratch?

Thanks

user786 :d) Just follow the guide http://www.tonymacx86.com/mavericks...217by-mavericks-install-guide.html#post743196

Hey there, I have my nuc working perfectly from sound to icloud but unfortunately I have random freezes and crashes about every 30 minutes to 2 hours which makes the use of my nuc very annoying because I have to hard shut down it.
Do you have any idea of what could be the cause of it? I have already try a clean install but the problem is still here.
Help me please :(

Last edited by a moderator:
recommended this post. long time no hackintosh so i´m a bit out of it. i am stuck here (see attachment). if i boot from stick (unibeast) and chose the installation to boot, it works fine. can anyone help me with this? i using the latest bios 048 with the dsdt.aml in this post. fallowed the instructions perfectly except the intelnetwork patch and the builtinethernet switch in the boot options as i cant imagine, the system needs it. any recommendations?

Attachments

• IMG_20140126_171111.jpg
    IMG_20140126_171111.jpg
    699.9 KB · Views: 345
thanx sir, that worked. everythings running now. afetr installing the patched capri framebudder it seems like i lost accelleration. i just used the kext ´cause overscaling and underscaling didnt work. now i have to search for the vanilla framebuffer from 10.9.1 as i was too freakin stupid to back that one up. is graphics enabler needed for hd4000 if igpfix is on? i want to stay as vanilla as possible and don´t know what i really need. without the patched capri buffer sh*t went faster - but not perfectly matching overscan like a windows machine does on this TV. cheerz for every singe answer :)

anyone else got this in console?

28.01.14 23:01:59,566 Google Chrome[201]: CGSCopyDisplayUUID: Invalid display 0x41dc9d00

i did NOT install the capri FB as this made me lose acceleration ... but i guess it has to do with the fact, that i´m using vanilla files - just GE YES and IGP injection YES. can someone help me?

Has anyone been able to install Mavericks with Clover (or closer to vanilla)?

Nuc 3217 Thunderbolt

Bios update to 0048, load defaults
(About this mac shows 1024 Vram for hd4000)

smbios: mac mini 5.1

> Multibeast boot usb install mavericks
install:
Fake smc
Appleintelpowermangement, patched
Trim patch
to HD

install
edited Capriframebuffer for hdmi

original Dsdt syngates

Atheros 9280 : WLAN works oob
( Icould not get Dell 1702 wifi/bt to work)

Sleep does not work... on wakeup the screen comes back but hd does not.
(hd-LED stays on, have to pull the plug to recognize hd on next boot)
Same behavior with clover and chameleon.

Any hints for sleep besides darkwake=10 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back