Contribute
Register

[Success] SynGatesFan200s Intel NUC DC3217BY Thunderbolt Edition/Non-Thunderbolt edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah i can wake from sleep :D heres some pics

Attachments

• 48e2ad0b4430984123a6acefdec9cc03.png
    48e2ad0b4430984123a6acefdec9cc03.png
    34.3 KB · Views: 971
  • cb4db2aef51b6d373d6639426f22f6f8.png
    cb4db2aef51b6d373d6639426f22f6f8.png
    35.5 KB · Views: 1,370
First of all, many thanks for your great Topic.

I bought the NUC (2 HDMI version) bundled with the Intel half PCI 6235, 8Go Corsair RAM and Crucial M4 128 SSD.

I already have an iMac and I wanted to install Mountain Lion on the NUC. I have to say that I know nothing about Hackintosh before playing with the NUC.

I followed both the general OSX ML installation and also your guide specific to Intel NUC. I started with the ML installation using Unibeast and after the Mutltibeast as described in your guide.

At the end, I have everything working: Ethernet, BT, HDMI audio, Sleep, except wifi as the Intel 6235 does not seem to be supported.

Then I connected the NUC to my Samsung TV, and then changed the resolution to 1920x1080x32 using Chameleon Wizard. Instead of just saving the configuration, I re-installed Chameleon. This is possibly a mistake because since when starting the NUC, just after the BIOS and before OSX loading, I have following message:

Please specify 96, 64, or 32MB RAM for the HD4000 in the bios.
The selected 128MB RAM configuration is not supported for the HD4000.
Press a key to continue...

I checked in the BIOS configuration, but none of theses values are available, only 128M, 256M and 512M… choosing any other value than 128M lead to ML crash during boot.

Any idea how I can fix it?

today my NUC 2xHDMi arrived / what a nice little box

my configuration:

intel NUC 2xHDMi
2x 8GB DDR3 1600MHz Kingston (KVR16S11/8)
Intel SSD 525 Series120GB mSATA

i had a problem with my usb-stick:

creation of the usb stick (mountain lion with unibeast worked without an error)
the problem on the nuc, it booted till the grey screen with apple logo and then went to sleep
i had something similar with my last hackintosh so i took another usb-stick and it went well

10.8.2 runs really great on the NUC
audio out with my plantronics usb - audio adapter works
sleep works

thanks for the tutorial

Thanks for the tutorial.

Everything was going great until I ran MultiBeast with your settings and now the NUC gets stuck on the apple logo screen:

-UniBeast success
-changed graphics to 128GB
-booted to mSATA success
-update to 10.8.2 success (restart success)
-Ran MultiBeast with your settings
-boot back into the mSATA drive--FAIL

Any idea what I am doing wrong here?

This is my third hack and for some reason I don't understand when people say boot from UniBeast and run etc. When I boot from UniBeast the only option that I see is a complete reinstall...I guess this is my second question.

UPDATEDid a reinstall and for some reason this time everything went as it was supposed to. Changing the Graphics Mode=1920x1080x32 is essential. If you forget to do this within MultiBeast the first time around then use the flag which will allow you to see just enough to run MB again.

That being said the CPU is running around 70C and the ambient is also 70C; seems high under no stress.

Thanks again SynGates for the great tutorial.

I seem to have run into an issue myself and will be updating the guide accordingly. For some reason, whenever i plug in my Audio interface for recording, it does not give me the option to use it as a sound device. It shows up in system profiler, but no where else. Also, the box does not seem to like using the thunderbolt port with an adapter as a display. It works fine if its being used as a second display, but if you try to use it as standalone, you have a 10% chance of making it work with luck. Someone had mentioned above that they got resolution switching to work flawlessly. Did you do anything different? And can anyone help me figure this USB audio interface thing? I believe my CoreAudio is corrupt. Thanks :)

I've got the Dell wi-fi/bt card that's mentioned, kexts installed, but only bluetooth is recognized?
Anyone else had this issue perhaps?

It all worked!!!
THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!
:)

My NUC is perfect and complete now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back