Contribute
Register

[Success] SynGatesFan200s Intel NUC DC3217BY Thunderbolt Edition/Non-Thunderbolt edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am a bit at a dead end at the moment. I have a built based on this guide but with the version of the NUC with 2 HDMI ports and LAN port.

I have a 128 Crucial m4 mSATA SSD and 4 GB RAM and a AW-NB037 WiFi/BT combo card.

To be honest I dived right in, installing ML and got WiFi and bluetooth working without a DSDT file, don't know if that is right or wrong.

Later with the help of SynGatesFan 200 I got the HD4000 working but still no sound over HDMI.

Things I ask myself at this point are:

1 Is there a proper DSDT file for the DC3217IYE with 036 BIOS, and should I have used it?

2 What is the right way to get the HD4000 and HDMI audio working.

3 I have an EFI string inserted to get the HD4000 detected and working can I still use Toledo's guide to get HDMI audio working?

With the current version of Chimera, you don't need the EFI string. :thumbup:

With the current version of Chimera, you don't need the EFI string. :thumbup:

I used Multibeast 5.2.1 for ML. I guess that installs the last version of chimera. I didn't see the HD4000 being detected it just showed unknown graphics with 64 MB RAM. But after inserting the EFI string I did see the HD4000 with 384 MB RAM. I also didn't have a DSDT in my /Extra. I copied over SynGatesFans DSDT yesterday evening and now also see AppleIntelHDA on HDMI/Displayport listed under Hardware Audio.

What would have been the right sequence to copy files, inject settings for this install? I have the opportunity the do it all over again and do it the right way this time around.
What I did was:
1 Make a ML stick with Unibeast
2 Install ML
3 Install the kexts for my AW-NB037 card to get WiFi and BT working
4 Run Multibeast with setting in this post.
5 System wouldnt boot, so I used PCIRootUID=1 as option on Chimera screen
6 Inserted patched Capri from this post with Kextbeast
7 Inserted Graphics Mode 1680x1050x32 and Pciroot 1 in chameleon.boot.plist
8 Then I entered the EFI string in chameleon.boot.plist
9 I copied the DSDT from this post to /Extra, there was no DSDT before I did this
So if any can explain the right sequence and right way to get this working please explain, I am willing to learn.

I guess I should have used SynGatesFan200s DSDT in step 4?

I'm beginning to get seriously interested in this set up. You mentioned having problems signing into icloud. What is/was the problem and has it been resolved? Have you tested Thunderbolt and does it work? Do you know if a half mini pcie card can work in a normal pcie slot? I'm more interested in this card http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00881PHO2/

Edit: Nevermind on the PCIe slot. I see from the product description that it comes with one full mini PCIe and one half mini PCIe.

I'm beginning to get seriously interested in this set up. You mentioned having problems signing into icloud. What is/was the problem and has it been resolved? Have you tested Thunderbolt and does it work? Do you know if a half mini pcie card can work in a normal pcie slot? I'm more interested in this card http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00881PHO2/

Edit: Nevermind on the PCIe slot. I see from the product description that it comes with one full mini PCIe and one half mini PCIe.

The problem with icloud is pretty much basic on all hackintoshes. I included the fix in the files available. Im not sure if thunderbolt works completely or not but im willing to bet it does because both my thunderbolt to ethernet adapter and thunderbolt display (at my job) worked just fine :) I got a kernal panic when using the thunderbolt display, but that was probably only due to the reason that my chameleon.boot.plist had the wrong graphics mode. As for the wifi card, i would recommend getting the Dell DW1702. I rcently replaced the card in my original system with this one and its awesome. Bluetooth and wifi together so i could free up one of my USB ports.

I used Multibeast 5.2.1 for ML. I guess that installs the last version of chimera. I didn't see the HD4000 being detected it just showed unknown graphics with 64 MB RAM. But after inserting the EFI string I did see the HD4000 with 384 MB RAM. I also didn't have a DSDT in my /Extra. I copied over SynGatesFans DSDT yesterday evening and now also see AppleIntelHDA on HDMI/Displayport listed under Hardware Audio.

What would have been the right sequence to copy files, inject settings for this install? I have the opportunity the do it all over again and do it the right way this time around.
What I did was:
1 Make a ML stick with Unibeast
2 Install ML
3 Install the kexts for my AW-NB037 card to get WiFi and BT working
4 Run Multibeast with setting in this post.
5 System wouldnt boot, so I used PCIRootUID=1 as option on Chimera screen
6 Inserted patched Capri from this post with Kextbeast
7 Inserted Graphics Mode 1680x1050x32 and Pciroot 1 in chameleon.boot.plist
8 Then I entered the EFI string in chameleon.boot.plist
9 I copied the DSDT from this post to /Extra, there was no DSDT before I did this
So if any can explain the right sequence and right way to get this working please explain, I am willing to learn.

I guess I should have used SynGatesFan200s DSDT in step 4?

It sounds like you've got most of it all figured out. However, i would recommend reading up on the basics of hackintoshing. It sounds like this is your first time doing this and are very unsure. Which is totally fine :D Its all a learning experience.

The problem with icloud is pretty much basic on all hackintoshes. I included the fix in the files available. Im not sure if thunderbolt works completely or not but im willing to bet it doesnt because both my thunderbolt to ethernet adfapter and thunderbolt display (at my job) worked just fine :) I got a kernal panic when using the thunderbolt display, but that was probably only due to the reason that my chameleon.boot.plist had the wrong graphics mode. As for the wifi card, i would recommend getting the Dell DW1702. I rcently replaced the card in my original system with this one and its awesome. Bluetooth and wifi together so i could free up one of my USB ports.

On my hack I can't recall ever having a problem with iCloud. I just want to be clear about the Thunderbolt. You said, "..willing to bet it doesn't.." and then went on to explain that the ethernet adapter and display worked. The dell card has both wifi and bluetooth that work without issue. I'm actually using a bluetooth module from a macbook that is wired up and plugged into one of my usb headers. It works EXACTLY like a real mac because...well, it is a real Apple chip. I can wake the computer from sleep with my Trackpad. Can that card do that? How is it recognized in Sys. Info? Do you know if the wifi card is capable of airplay and airdrop? Airdrop isn't essential. I'm just curious. Airplay is however.

My apologies. That was a bad typo. I meant willing to bet it DOES. lol And i havent gotten the chance to experiment with airplay but airdrop does work.

Can you wake from sleep with a bluetooth device (keyboard, trackpad, magic mouse)? Can you post a pic of sys info for the card an bluetooth?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back