Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] SuperMicro X9DAi with Yosemite

Status
Not open for further replies.
With Yosemite and the SMBIOS set to Mac Pro 6.1 I was getting the same with an Nvidia GTX 780.
The machine continued to function, just the screens went black.

I found this somewhere (can't remember at the moment) but had it written down as it solved the problem.

You need to connect in your host and to make modification of the Info.plist file which is on the way
/System/Library/Extensions/AppleGraphicsControl.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy.kext/Contents/
In this file you look for Mac-F60DEB81FF30ACF6 = Config1 line and you replace it with Mac-F60DEB81FF30ACF6 = none
Save.
You do update cache, for example by Kext Utility.
Reboot

Hope it works for you too.

Hi,

I follow your process with clover and this to try to install Yosemite on my computer!
I reach to step 3 to boot on the USB stick, I got the screen to choose "Boot OS X Install from OS X Install OS X Yosemite" but nothing after. My computer doesn't reboot or reboot and starts Windows normally.
I've Windows 7 x64 on a SSD, I want to install Yosemite on a partition of my HDD. My HDD is connected by SATA III on a PCI extension card.
Do you connect only one drive when you've try to install Yosemite or not, or only one or 2 slots of memory?

This is my configuration.

Motherboard : SuperMicro X9DA7
CPU : Dual Xeon E5-2680
Graphics : nvidia quadro K4000
RAM : Kingston DDR3 96 GB (12x8Go)

Mike,

Not sure you'll ever get this reply now but what the heck.

I have exactly the same MB / CPU / Ram config as yourself although use an older 670GTX as my GPU.

Basically I can get Yosemite to boot and run solidly in both Clover and Chimera Legacy + UEFI however I cannot for the life of me get turbo / speedstep to work . I've followed every possible guide out there tweaked everything I can think of in both BIOS and SSDT files and still, nothing.

From your profile I see your Geekbench score to be around what I was expecting and thus thought you must have got it workin!

Anyway, if there are any pointers at all you could post or help me with to get this working it would be much appreciated.

Kind regards,
Stuart

I'm thinking to build a dual Xeon v2 as well and run across this. Just curious, why did you pick that motherboard and if you have had success with El Capitan as well?
I'm looking at the supermicro site and it's so hard to pick one as they all look the same! :(
https://www.supermicro.com/products/motherboard/Xeon1333/#2011 (scroll to X9 section for v2 compatible boards). Can you help me pick one?
Thank you

because yosemite does not support dual CPUs...
I figured its safer to go with mavericks

A friend of mine has Mac Pro 2010 with two 6-core Xeons and have no problems in Yosemite, El Capitain and Sierra. The same with old Mac Pro 3.1 with 2x 4-Core Xeons.

I have this exact configuration and the system locks up on boot. I added the boot options and it doesn't go past the apple loading screen during boot to setup. Have any pointers that you could give me on this?

Thought I would give back to the collective pool of knowledge and share this with everyone.

I was able to get Yosemite installed on my X9DAi system using UniBeast and MultiBeast. It took some trial and error to get the right MultiBeast settings worked out, but so far, everything has worked very well (no Audio).

System Specs:
----------------
* MB: SuperMicro X9DAi 2-socket motherboard (BIOS vers: "R 3.0a")
* CPU: E5-2630v2 CPU (one installed today, the second will get installed next week)
* RAM: 64G (4x16G) DDR3-1600 RAM
* Power Supply: 650W PS
* Video: ATI Radeon HD3870 512M (Yosemite reports it as an HD 3650)
* Unibeast: v5.0.1
* MultiBeast: MultiBeast - Yosemite 7.0.1

The installation went very well as I followed the great instructions here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/445-unibeast-install-os-x-yosemite-any-supported-intel-based-pc.html. I had to add the boot options "npci=0x2000 GraphicsEnabler=Yes" to get the install working properly. The only issue I had was getting the video driver sorted out after installation (during install I was getting 1900x1200 on both displays, but after install I was getting 1024x768).

After installing Yosemite, I ran MultiBeast and used the following settings:
---------------------------
Quick Start > EasyBeast
Drivers > Disk > Intel Generic AHCI SATA
Drivers > Misc > ElliottForceLegacyRTC
Drivers > Misc > EvOreboot
Drivers > Misc > FakeSMC v6.11.1328
Drivers > Misc > FakeSMC v6.11.1328 Plugins
Drivers > Misc > FakeSMC v6.11.1328 HWMonitor Application
Drivers > Misc > NullCPUPowerManagement
Drivers > Network > Intel > AppleIGB v5.2.9.4
Bootloaders > Chimera v4.0.0
Customize > Boot Options > Basic Boot Options
Customize > Boot Options > Generate CPU States
Customize > Boot Options > GraphicsEnabler=Yes
Customize > Boot Options > IGPEnabler=No
Customize > Boot Options > Kext Dev Mode
Customize > Boot Options > Use KernelCache
Customize > System Definitions > Mac Pro > Mac Pro 6,1
Customize > Themes > tonymacx86 remixed

Finally, I had to edit the /Extras/org.chameleon.Boot.plist file and add "npci=0x2000" to the Kernel Flags line. Once the system rebooted, I was greeted by a dual-screen HD display!

The system has been up for a few hours, and appears to be working great. I ran the CPUs at 100% while also running memtest in a terminal window for +10mins. No issues whatsoever. I also ran some network and SSD speed tests - everything passed with flying colors!

Video problem
---------------
As outlined in this post (http://www.tonymacx86.com/desktop-c...-hd-3870-white-screen-after-installation.html) I was able to get 1900x1200 resolution during Yosemite installation but only got 1024x768 after installation. The fix was to move the AMDRadeonX3000 kernel drivers from the /System/Library/Extensions folder to a backup folder and reboot.

Thanks to everyone who is involved with the UniBeast and MultiBeast projects. Without their work, I could have never built my new system!

Hey bro, have you ever been able to upgrade to sierra? You're the closest bid, and once we replace my motherboard, we should have everything working. I just have all my current programs and everything upgraded to Sierra on my current computer (MBPR 15' late 2013) and I am really concerned about trying to transition everything back in time 4 entire OS versions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back