Contribute
Register

[Success] Supermicro X9DAi + Dual Xeon E5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Supermicro X9DAi + Dual Xeon E5

has anybody gotten this thing to work with mavericks?
I'm currently trying to get this to work (Motherboard Supermicro MBD-X9DAi). The installation worked with

npci=0x3000

Following the installation It would get stuck at Bluetooth without the "dart=0" boot option. Going into the system again the boot options are required.

Network:
AppleIntelE1000e v2.5.4d
AppleIntelE1000e v3.0.4
Neither of them seemed to work for me. I found a kext driver at the following thread:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/273073-appleigbkext/page-3#entry1981615

That kext worked but the network interface drops after a while and has to be restarted.

Audio:
Realtek ALC889 with and without DSDT
Also neither of them works

I'm planning on trying an external interface for audio other than that the machine runs fine :)

Hi

Did you get this working on the X9DAi with all the PCIE slots working?

Thanks

Hello, I have a nearly identical system, I was hoping to get LION or Mavericks on it. So far I have had only luck with Snow Leopard, and only to 10.6.6

Here are my computers specs:

http://www.supermicr...SYS-7037A-i.cfm

. Dual socket R (LGA 2011) supports
Intel® Xeon® processor E5-2600 - intel
and E5-2600 v2 family[SUP]†[/SUP]

It's called the SYS-7037A

Has two 6 core intel E 2600 XEON processors

Motherboard is: Super X9DAi

samsung 32 gb 1600 mhz ram - 16x 240-pin DDR3 DIMM sockets

generic atapi DVD/CD

Intel® C602 Chipset

Intel® i350 Dual Port Gigabit Ethernet

BIOS Type

• 64Mb SPI Flash EEPROM with AMI® BIOS

video card - ATI Radeon R7260X (PCI Express 3),

AMD ATOM Bios V3.0

Can anyone help me on a step by step. I was able to get Snow Loepard on, but no LION or Mavericks. I own legitimate copies of these installers.

I was able to get iBoot 3.0 to install snow leopard and update to 10.6.6 before I could not go any further. I was able one time to get up to 10.6.8, buy the 6&4 on the keyboard when booting to 64 bit mode, but that has not worked since, thank you, Nick

Hi Mak,

Pls tell me how you got the install to work...
I have tried std Unibeast version,
NPCI=0x3000 and a few other combos but till now screen just goes black.

X9DAI 2x E5-2667v2
32GB DDR3 1866ECC
GTX260

any input would de welcome.
Thx

Good morning everybody!
It's my first post in here and I'm a real noob to Hackintosh'ing.
But, forgive me! I' have this HUGE machine (it's not mine, I'm only the mantainer :mrgreen:):
-MB: Supermicro X9DAi
-CPUs: 2x Xeon E5 2600, Ivy Bridge
-RAM 48GB ECC Registered
-Graphics Card: nVidia Quadro 400 for Mac.

Now it's running Win7 flawlessly.

I'd like to know if the TurboBoost is supported and also if I need some DSDT to make the system work with MultiBeast+Unibeast.
I don't mind about sleep mode or bulls**t like that... I want only that machine to run at least two times faster than a 12 core MacPro.

Is it possible or am I a dreamer?

I have the same motherboard but the e5 2620 XEON processors. have been able to install up to Yosemite but nothing higher. Can anyone give me any advice on installing Sierra or at least El Capitan? I can get the BIOS close to Gigbyte MB's but am having problems with getting the machine to see the CPU type, the USB ports and all of the RAM to be seen. Thank You, Nick

Has anyone gotten the supermicro motherboard with e5 XEON 2620 CPU's to install with El Capitan or Sierra? If so can you please post instructions? Thank You, Nick

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back