2. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Classic
  2. Performa
  3. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. Windows Phone
Good morning everybody!
It's my first post in here and I'm a real noob to Hackintosh'ing.
But, forgive me! I' have this HUGE machine (it's not mine, I'm only the mantainer :mrgreen:):
-MB: Supermicro X9DAi
-CPUs: 2x Xeon E5 2600, Ivy Bridge
-RAM 48GB ECC Registered
-Graphics Card: nVidia Quadro 400 for Mac.

Now it's running Win7 flawlessly.

I'd like to know if the TurboBoost is supported and also if I need some DSDT to make the system work with MultiBeast+Unibeast.
I don't mind about sleep mode or bulls**t like that... I want only that machine to run at least two times faster than a 12 core MacPro.

Is it possible or am I a dreamer?

Supermicro X9DAi + Dual Xeon E5

The Ivy Bridge E doesn't have CPU support yet- you will have to wait until December when the Mac Pro cylinder comes out. If I had to predict, I'd say 10.9.2 or so will have native CPU support.

:thumbup:

Thanks! So fast answer! Ok I'm waiting the cylinder MacPro release!

Is it possible to install OS X 10.9 without TurboBoost support or do I have to wait anyway until December?

Thanks! So fast answer! Ok I'm waiting the cylinder MacPro release!

Is it possible to install OS X 10.9 without TurboBoost support or do I have to wait anyway until December?

We're currently testing Ivy Bridge E- right now you will need a patched kernel for OS X support.

We're currently testing Ivy Bridge E- right now you will need a patched kernel for OS X support.

Uh ok.. so no vanilla kernel support, at the moment. I think I'm waiting until December!
Thanks!
Anyway that MB does have UEFI boot capability, so I won't need any DSDT, am I right?

any news for ivy bridge E support?

can't wait for the ivy bridge support, shortly i´ve got a x9dai as well with two xeon e5 2630 v2.
it will replace my rock solid stable supermicro x8da3 build with two E5520 gains town.

supermicro forever ;-)

The system works after replacing the kernel, but it is not fully functioned. Wondering if it is because of the motherboard?

I have Asus z9pe d8 ws, 2xv2 CPUs, but the PCI slots are not properly functioned. I pluged a pcie auduo interface in and it doesn't work properly. Pops and glitches happen all the time. The graphic doesn't work in the right way either. It gets very hot and it doesn't run smoothly. I've used DSDT which is extracted from Win7 and edited it until it gets no error no warnings and no remarks, but the machine still not properly runs.

I've heard supermicro motherboards are most compatible with OSX, so anyone has tested them with the v2 CPU?

has anybody gotten this thing to work with mavericks?

i'm worried. i've not been able to get it to work. i see people getting Lion & ML to run on this board..

but then i have E5-2697 V2 - - 2x 12-core Ivy Bridge-EP cpus & i'm not sure if they'll work with Lion or ML.

but i've not seen anybody get this board working with mavericks either.

any advice?

has anybody gotten this thing to work with mavericks?

i'm worried. i've not been able to get it to work. i see people getting Lion & ML to run on this board..

but then i have E5-2697 V2 - - 2x 12-core Ivy Bridge-EP cpus & i'm not sure if they'll work with Lion or ML.

but i've not seen anybody get this board working with mavericks either.

any advice?

Just try it and see ?

2 x 12 cores = 48 threads! That would be a monster if it could be made to work :p

Just try it and see ?

2 x 12 cores = 48 threads! That would be a monster if it could be made to work :p

i've been trying it. no luck yet. killing me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back