Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] StreetRacer's first Hackintosh: GA-Z87-HD3 - i5 4670 - Intel HD4600

Status
Not open for further replies.
The nVidia 750 graphics card series is not yet supported in OS X. You'll have to removed the 750 and use the on-board graphics to install and run OS X.

Thanks Stork,
I was just reading about this,
and successfully finished installing by using the onboard graphics.
Stupid of me!
:think:

Thanks for the post, I also used it to build my system.

GA Z97 HD3
i3 4360
Corsair Vengeance 2 x 4GB
CS 550 M

everything works great but I have one question about bios settings.

I can't locate vt-d or secure boot in my bios.... :eek:
does it have to do with the processor?

----------------
Gigabyte GA-Z87-HD3
Intel Core i7-4770K 3.5 Ghz Box
G.Skill Ripjaws X DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 16GB 2x8GB CL9Samsung 840 Evo SSD Series 250GB SATA3
Seagate Barracuda 7200 2TB SATA3 64MB

AeroCool Strike-X Power 600W
TP-Link TL-WDN4800 450Mbps Wireless N Dual Band PCI Express
Logitech HD Pro Webcam C920
LG GH24NSB0 Grabadora DVD 24x Negra

Yosemite installation:
I followed the official installation guide, step by step with unibest and multibest.
Finally everything works perfectly (wifi, audio, usb3...) but my ethernet connection doesn't work.
Can anyone help me?

Thank You!

Street Racer, I was having all kinds of troubles and no kind of successes...then read your post thoroughly and found you were working with a later version of the BIOS firmware. So I updated and followed your settings carefully and voila! I finally got some traction...ran the High Sierra installer all the way up to the point where it hung on trying to trying to connect to the WindowServer and it exited with code 1...and after hours and hours it is still trying to run that service. I don't know what all that means just yet...but I am so thrilled with major change in my build and install. I am now going to search for the cause of this activity. Thank you for such a great post with all the visuals and clear communication about your success. This is a huge advance for my project!

And so...here are a couple of shots of the progress of the install (large image) and then where it hangs (2 lines of text) at trying to run the com.apple.WindowServer.541 service. The installer after left overnight, was still trying in the morning; so the process was alive (i.e. had not crashed and burned) but just not completing. This is way out of my league, but it is still a success for me...of sorts. So far beyond where I started. If anyone can decipher this, and has a clue of where to kickstart or correct this failed process, I would be grateful. Feels like I am close to a win.

Attachments

• IMG_0464 2.jpg
    IMG_0464 2.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 38
  • IMG_0466.jpg
    IMG_0466.jpg
    638.5 KB · Views: 75
Last edited by a moderator:
UPDATE: I found somewhere in this string that one person abandoned the High Sierra route and went back to Sierra where he had no problems. I took the cue and went to a Sierra install and it went great, first time ...maybe later I will try some of the other hill climbs that are a bit more challenging. For now I have my MacPro-ish ;) Still breaking, fixing, and learning. Thanks again to all who contribute and help us noobs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back