Graphics
GeForce GT 640
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Greetings Tonymacx86 community! I finally got Mavericks running perfectly on my hardware!!! :D I wasn't going to type this success story up but then I thought how can I be so selfish surely theres someone out there that ran into the same problems I did. So anyways here we go!...

MAIN HARDWARE IM USING:

• MOBO GIGABYTE H61M-DS2 rev 2.1(No DSDT available)
  • GRAPHICS CARD EVGA Nvidia Geforce 210 1GB DDR3
  • CPU Intel Core i3 2100
  • RAM Corsair XMS3 4 GB 1333MHz

I installed Mavericks using Unibeast and the FREE Mavericks download from the App Store. I didn't have a 8GB flash drive (LOL I know right) so I just made a 8GB partition on my internal HDD and just installed Mavericks off of that. Everything went perfect! I did however have to use GraphicsEnabler=Yes to get signal after the Apple logo. Anyways after the bootup everything seemed pretty smooth of course I was running off the KEXTs Unibeast has by default but my hardware has always been pretty compatible with OS X. I proceeded to using Multibeast to install the KEXT I needed for my system. Here are some screenshot for my settings in Multibeast I also attached the settings so you can just loaded them up from Multibeast and not have to select them yourself ;)

1.png2.png3.png 4.png5.png6.png7.png8.png

View attachment Dapper.mb

After Multibeast had finished I rebooted my machine but I noticed something. It took forever to boot! almost one minute my usual boot times were around twenty to thirty seconds why was it taking so long? Not only that but after I got to the login screen my keyboard was NOT working! I let it sit there for a good twenty seconds after that my keyboard was working. What had just happened? Did I **** up in my Multibeast? I thought to myself I don't think so everything was working audio,ethernet, display everything! Wtf was going on! So I did a little www and I found this... http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/109902-usb-start-up-problem-aka-audio-problem.html

To sum things up you download the appropriate SSDT for me it was this one View attachment audio_ssdt-hdae-1.zip. After you unzip the file you copy it to the Extras folder if you have no SSDT in the Extras folder you rename the one you just downloaded to SSDT.aml if you already have a SSDT in the Extras folder just rename the one you just downloaded to SSDT-1. Basically the first SSDT is just SSDT.aml the second is SSDT-1.aml the third is SSDT-2.aml and so on.

After copying the SSDT to your Extras folder you have to go back to Multibeast and under Customize you select the second option DropSSDT=Yes. It also states in the above thread that you have to rebuild cache using DPCIManager here is a link so you can download it http://dpcimanager.sourceforge.net/ I would also recommend repair permissions to be on the safe side.

Thats it folks! Everything should be working fine!

EXTRA NOTES:

• The Geforce 210 might be the cause of the slow bootup times/no keyboard or mouse problem
  • Try to install the audio KEXT first in Multibeast and then uninstalling it and do the SSDT fix after that. It seems like if you go straight into the SSDT fix the audio doesn't work but Im not sure
  • HACKINTOSHING IS ****ING AWESOME!!! :DDD

Hey man, awesome to see people finally starting to use the same build as me... I see you probably read my build page before going forward with the build?... There are a few things I have yet o master with this build and im in need of help.

The only difference in my config is that I have rev 2.2. (plus i have a core i5 xD)

My system fails to shutdown properly anymore. (fans still run)
Updating to 10.9.1 ruined SSDT option for some reason. Back to slow boot up.

I use slightly different Multibeast settings.

Awaiting your reply, thanks

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edit: Fixed the SSDT slow boot problem after updating to 10.9.1. Just reinstalled my SSDT.

Still waiting for a reply about the shutdown error....

Hey sorry for the late reply. I've been using windows lately ,but i honestly don't know what to tell you. for me pretty much everything works perfectly. i just notice that the mouse is a little slow but that might be just in my head because I'm so used to having the mouse speed in windows all the way up. but anyways, what i would try first is backing up anything important, then update your bios to the newest version, then going into the bios and selecting optimized settings, and then try to reinstall 10.9.1. for some reason, i fell like if you do a clean install, everything seems to work a lot better. another thing is it might be something in your MultiBeast settings. look around and try different settings. i also found this thread:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/user-buil...m-ds2-hd7770-oc-8gb-ram-10-9-mavericks-2.html
You can try to use the voodo kext that guy was talking about if you're still having problems with your graphics card and the slow boot up times, but i think that problem should be fixed with the SSDT. anyways hope you get everything sorted out. i forgot to mention that thread above is were i got my MultiBeast settings

Alright man. I think i'll probably do a clean install and see what happens

Hey guys, i almost have the same specs as you

• Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-2100 CPU @ 3.10GHz (4 CPUs), ~3.1GHz
  • Card name: NVIDIA GeForce 210

i wanna ask you did you dual boot os x with windows 7? without losing current windows 7 copy and its files?
i need to do that i can't lose my windows 7 copy i need to use it now but also need os x for some college courses in development
from your experience in your pc can you help me or guide me to some tutorials where i can achieve this?

Thank you

Hey sorry for such a late reply my graphics card actually fried on me lol so I haven't been able to get on OS X however I'll be soon upgrading to a gt 640. Anyways I did not actually have Windows installed when I installed OS X my hard drive it was actually completely blank, but here let me write a short tutorial for you on how to partition your hard drive in Windows without losing anything.

STEP 1:
Google EASEUS Partition Master download it and install it.

STEP 2: Open EASEUS Partition Master and you should see a list of hard drives that are installed on your PC and the
partitions on those hard drives.

STEP 3: Locate the hard drive that has your main Windows partition(If you only have one hard drive it should be something like "Disk 1" and right under that "C: Windows 7").

STEP 4: Select your main Windows partition and right click and select "Resize/Move".

STEP 5: Where it says "
Unallocated Space After" type in how much you want your OS X partition size to be and then click "ok" keep in mind that its going by MB so if you want lets say 30GB for your OS X partition put in the value of 30,000.

STEP 6: Now you should see some unallocated space under your hard drive it should be named "Unallocated" or something like that right click on it and click on "Create".

STEP 7: Where it says "File System" set it as "Unformatted" and where it says "Create As" set that as "Primary" then click "ok".

STEP 8: Finally at the top right click "Apply" and you're done now you can install OS X on the partition you just made.

:D

Hi - I have a similar set up but used DSDT for my motherboard. Do you get hdmi audio through the 210 card using the SSDT? Thanks

Hi - I have a similar set up but used DSDT for my motherboard. Do you get hdmi audio through the 210 card using the SSDT? Thanks

Hey I no longer have the 210 card I upgraded but from what I could remember back when I had Mountain Lion installed I did have HDMI audio I'm not sure about Mavericks though

I know this is an older post, but I wanted to thank you for attaching your MB settings. I just got around to updating my HTPC, which uses this board, to Mavericks. Being able to install your MB settings onto the Mavericks boot drive (using another Hackintosh build with the HTPC boot drive as the target) was the only thing that then allowed me to finish the installation.

Hello, can you try to install macOS Sierra using clover?
I have same mobo - GA-H61M-DS2 rev 2.1, F7 BIOS,
But getting endless bootloop during installer load process.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back