Contribute
Register

[Success] SquadSeven's Build - i7 4770k - GA-Z87X-UD3H - 16GB RAM - GTX 780 3GB

Status
Not open for further replies.
well, that's really sad, because I wanted to buy that motherboard you have next week and make my own yosemite, but if the sound is not working, it's just pointless to buy anything. :banghead::banghead:

Yep, Yosemite has been going well for me as well (after a bit of trial and error/looking around the forum).
I did a fresh install since a system update didnt work for me

I'm running the GA-Z87X-UD3H with a 4670k and a GTX 660.
Note: I did NOT install the USB 3.0 Kext and the 3rd Party SATA kext as those were giving me problems initially. So far everything seems to be working (sound, hardware is recognized, wifi, etc.)
Hope this helps

I also followed Short's Beastly Build for my BIOS settings: They were mostly the same as my Mavericks BIOS settings.
Short's Beastly Build - i7-4770k - GA-Z87X-UD3H - GTX 770 4GB

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep, Yosemite has been going well for me as well (after a bit of trial and error/looking around the forum).
I did a fresh install since a system update didnt work for me

I'm running the GA-Z87X-UD3H with a 4670k and a GTX 660.
Note: I did NOT install the USB 3.0 Kext and the 3rd Party SATA kext as those were giving me problems initially. So far everything seems to be working (sound, hardware is recognized, wifi, etc.)
Hope this helps

But the USB 3.0 ports and SSD are working well, despite that you did not install the kexts?

I just do a fresh install of Yosemite. I install ALC898 with Multibeast 7. Then, I restore with TimeMachine.
Everything works, even sound.

Yosemite is full functional with this Mothercard !
I thinking of installing Yosemite this way: clean install first to see if everything works properly and then recovering my TimeMachine backup to get all my apps back. Would I be able to do this via the official TimeMachine recovery way, or did you just drag and drop all your apps/data in Yosemite?

I just updated to Yosemite, but I had a ton of problems along the way. Most of them were my own stupid fault though.

I did a format and clean install of Yosemite, however I had no sound. Stupidly, I just used my Mavericks MultiBeast settings to use for Yosemite, and I forgot to uncheck USB 3.0. So a reboot and no working USB ports (and thus no keyboard/mouse) later, I had to reinstall the whole thing over again. So I did, again no sound but everything seemed to be working okay. Had some freezes and kernel panics, but nothing extreme. Still no sound though. Since it all seemed stable, I migrated my backup to Yosemite.

I eventually downloaded MB 6.1.0 and used ALC898: reboot, still no sound, but at least I had some options in sound settings now. I read in a thread somewhere that it's possible to change output in the MIDI setup, so I messed around in it and found out that Built-in Output worked for me.

So finally after 1,5 days of messing around, everything so far is working properly. Lesson learned for next time: don't be so hastily when upgrading to a new OS.

Edit:

Aaand sound is gone again, again no options at sound output. I'll see if I can fix it tomorrow, hopefully for good.

If you can, do a fresh install once more.
After use, Multibeast 7 (it has worked for me). If you have no USB when your hackintosh starts, wait 5 minutes (on login screen), it may be good after few minutes. If your USB work after few minutes, just uninstall USBGeneric.kext

My Multibeast options are all the options of the DSDTFree and ALC898.

But the USB 3.0 ports and SSD are working well, despite that you did not install the kexts?
The Generic USB 3.0 kext is not needed for 8/9-series motherboards.

For sound, see this post here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back