Contribute
Register

[Success] SquadSeven's Build - i7 4770k - GA-Z87X-UD3H - 16GB RAM - GTX 780 3GB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey to you all!

Thank you for posting you build and your guide is very useful but I have a problem with mine (this is my first hakintosh):

Here is the relevant parts that of my build:

GA-Z87X-UD3H
Intel i5 4570 (Haswell)
GA GeForce GTX 770 2GB

I'm staling from USB but I cannot pass the Apple loading screen.

So I first was getting kernel panic and I updated my bios to the F8m version, and I was "fixed" until I got another kernel panic so I reviewed and changed the version to the F8k version and it is ok. But my REAL problem relates that the install OS X app does not load the screen just goes black and when I use the Verbose option is not really helpful, here is my screen shot this appears just before the black screen appears and the monitor display that there is no signal from the video card:

2014-08-04 22.57.00.png

Please help me and sorry for my English I'm from Ecuador.

hi, should the asus gtx 680 6gb strix oc work with the other components in the is build?[h=2][/h]

Try this , i downgraded from f9 to f8a this way.

Hello SquadSeven,

I was encountering a lot of system crashes with the Z87X-UD3H whenever I tried editing in Final Cut Pro X. After looking at your guide I saw that you were able to fix your problems by upgrading to bios F8m, but I accidentally skipped the part where you mentioned not to upgrade to version F9. Now whenever I try to boot into my Mavericks OS, I get stuck on the loading screen and the only way I can boot in is through safe mode. When I was running F7 Mavericks would run fairly well except if any type editing software was being used like FCPX or Garageband. These programs would normally crash the system after being used for 5 minutes or if I was trying to export a project. I was also able to boot in normally before updating the bios. Is there anyway to get Mavericks to work with the new bios or is there anyway to revert back to an older version? I've been searching for hours and I haven't found a way to downgrade my bios.

Thanks!

Just started getting EBIOS read error: Media error
Block 0x620168

I can't boot into my mavericks SSD but I can boot fine into windows.

Cany anyone help? I've tried resetting bios and everything but still get the error.

Edit: thanks to @wildwillow I was able to resolve the problem.Turns out something happened to my WD blue that was preventing Mavericks from booting. I reformatted/wiped it in windows, then was able to boot back into mavericks so i could format it and use it for OS X.

Had the same problem, no audio after updating to 10.9.4. Tried with reinstalling audio from MultiBeast 6.3.1, no solution.
Simply used MultiBeast 6.0.1 and reinstalled the audio without DSDT >> ALC898. It automatically installs HDAEnabler. Reboot and everything just works fine.

System:
GA-Z87-UD3H
i7 4770k
8 GB RAM Corsair
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 2048 MB

Hello!

Can you give me some advice please? I'm using a GA-Z87P-D3 mobo + i7 4770 + gtx 780 (gigabyte windforce) + Corsair Vengeance 2X4 GB (CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9G) hardware with an Intel SSD (830 series 180 GB) and 1 TB HDD.

I had a hackintosh, but I wanted to reinstall it, and I couldn't. I don't know what was wrong but I did the same way I did when It was working. Maybe my motherboard is not well supported? I think I should buy an other mobo and now I'm looking for one. Do you think the Gigabyte GA-Z87X-UD3H would be better?

Waiting for reply

Best Regards
Janos

Thank you for the guide, it was really helpful.

I've built a machine with the same MB+Processor, but I encountered a problem with
Generate CPU states
that gave me kernel panics.

I've narrowed it down to the Turbo option in bios (while I had Turbo turned on in Bios I couldn't boot anymore).

I was able to get in by disabling the turbo frequency and after deleting the two states conf lines (C states and P states) in the /Extra/ chameleon configuration file I was able to get it to boot without any panics even with turbo turned on, and beyond that it was smooth sailing.

I've done the install with Mavericks 10.9.5, so, fellas, watch out on this option, don't turn on "Generate CPU States"!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back