Contribute
Register

[Success] SquadSeven's Build - i7 4770k - GA-Z87X-UD3H - 16GB RAM - GTX 780 3GB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yes i use latest multibeast version 6.3.0 (1)

hardware specification:

Gigabyte GA-Z87X-UD3H Bios version F8m
Intel Core I7 4770K
Video Nvidia Geforce GTX 780
RAM KHX21C11T3K4/32x

I would like to test your config file just to get the audio working.

HDA enabler can't be found on final build screen. Tried several times with other audio drivers available in multibeast, still no luck.

Maybe i need to configure something in BIOS

Sollution found. Reinstalled Mavericks and i used multibeast 6.0.1 instead of 6.0.3 because version 6.0.1 has the HDA sound enabler. Now everything works great! :headbang:

Thanks for this. Seems to work perfectly on my machine. I don't know what BIOS I had, but I was experiencing weird audio issues. It would start to crackle after 3 minutes and progressively get worse until it cut out. My USB also seemed to be funky, as my mouse would skip around the screen a lot. I updated to the BIOS (F8m) you posted in the thread and that seems to have fixed both issues. Machine is now running great. *fingers crossed*

(Used the latest Multi/Unibeasts) with only GraphicsEnabler=Yes as a change to the default bootflags.

Hey Squad,

I recently just updated to 10.9.3 so I also had to update the bios. I reset all my bios settings back to the way they were (i think). But now, I cant wake my computer from sleep with my mouse or keyboard but I can by pressing the power button. I used to be able to wake by pressing the keyboard or mouse.

Also, after my computer goes to sleep and I wake it back up I lose all sound and I need to reinstall the ALC898 sound driver in multi beast, then reboot and I have sound.

Thanks,

Any help is appreciated.

John

Hey Squad,

I recently just updated to 10.9.3 so I also had to update the bios. I reset all my bios settings back to the way they were (i think). But now, I cant wake my computer from sleep with my mouse or keyboard but I can by pressing the power button. I used to be able to wake by pressing the keyboard or mouse.

Also, after my computer goes to sleep and I wake it back up I lose all sound and I need to reinstall the ALC898 sound driver in multi beast, then reboot and I have sound.

Thanks,

Any help is appreciated.

John

Hello!

I don't ever sleep my system so I don't really know what's wrong with your system.

Have you tried installing the latest bootloader and audio from multibeast 6.3.1? Then fix disk permissions and see if it works from then on.

-Squadseven

[SUB]Can you post an update once you've upgraded to 10.9.4? Be interested to know how you get on.

[/SUB]

Hey Squad,

Thanks,

Any help is appreciated.

John

you have to use Multibeast 6.0.1 if you want the audio to work after you wake from sleep. you can get 6.0.1 in the tonymacx86 Downloads MultiBeast archive.

I have just put together a very similar build with Mavericks 10.9.4 too (except for RAM and GPU which is a GTX 660, more than enough for my needs anyway...mostly audio recording and mixing) and following Squad's guide, it worked almost flawlessly right from the start. Awesome guide by the way! That BIOS update saved the day!

I've had a first freeze today with my USB mouse as well but it happened when disconnecting it from a 3.0 port in the back of the case. Not sure if it could be related in some way to the issue described by tiefox... Not as frustrating though...

I still have to find a working Firewire card, but overall I'm very impressed with performance and stability so far. That first Syba card I tried won't even let the system pass the apple startup screen if any audio interface is plugged to it...not great! haha

Hello SquadSeven,

I was encountering a lot of system crashes with the Z87X-UD3H whenever I tried editing in Final Cut Pro X. After looking at your guide I saw that you were able to fix your problems by upgrading to bios F8m, but I accidentally skipped the part where you mentioned not to upgrade to version F9. Now whenever I try to boot into my Mavericks OS, I get stuck on the loading screen and the only way I can boot in is through safe mode. When I was running F7 Mavericks would run fairly well except if any type editing software was being used like FCPX or Garageband. These programs would normally crash the system after being used for 5 minutes or if I was trying to export a project. I was also able to boot in normally before updating the bios. Is there anyway to get Mavericks to work with the new bios or is there anyway to revert back to an older version? I've been searching for hours and I haven't found a way to downgrade my bios.

Thanks!

Hello SquadSeven,

I was encountering a lot of system crashes with the Z87X-UD3H whenever I tried editing in Final Cut Pro X. After looking at your guide I saw that you were able to fix your problems by upgrading to bios F8m, but I accidentally skipped the part where you mentioned not to upgrade to version F9. Now whenever I try to boot into my Mavericks OS, I get stuck on the loading screen and the only way I can boot in is through safe mode. When I was running F7 Mavericks would run fairly well except if any type editing software was being used like FCPX or Garageband. These programs would normally crash the system after being used for 5 minutes or if I was trying to export a project. I was also able to boot in normally before updating the bios. Is there anyway to get Mavericks to work with the new bios or is there anyway to revert back to an older version? I've been searching for hours and I haven't found a way to downgrade my bios.

Thanks!

Try using the latest beta version, I think it's F10b. I'm running that one and have no trouble editing stuff in FCPX.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back