Contribute
Register

[Success] SquadSeven's Build - i7 4770k - GA-Z87X-UD3H - 16GB RAM - GTX 780 3GB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Next check to see if your memory is on Gigabyte's Memory list which is a button (PDF) on the right of the motherboards picture on Gigabyte's web site.

Update: Go to the Z87XUD3H motherboard page on Gigabyte's web site, and click on the Downloads tab. You'll see a "CPU Support List" and a "Memory Support List". Click on the latter.

is this the page you are referring to?
http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=4481&dl=#ov

I cannot find that list of compatible memory

Go to that page and click on the Downloads tab. You'll see a "CPU Support List" and a "Memory Support List". Click on the latter.

I apologize for the incorrect instructions. Gigabyte has changed where they put the "Support List" documents from the last time I looked. :rolleyes:

thanx Stork,

it seems my Ptriot memory model type is not on that list.
other patriot models are, so heres hoping it will work

Hi again, sorry for late reply but I finally have all my parts (except video card which I will not get until later on) and can finally start building the machine.

couple more questions;

1. I noticed that there is a newer bios version (F8) for the Z87X-UD3H, should I update the board to that version? or stick with F7? (btw Ive never flashed a bios before; and I downloaded both F7 and F8 just in case, but do I simply double click the downloaded file after installing windows7? or is there a way to update bios before installing win7?)

2. This will be a dual boot machine (I bought 2 SSD's; one for win7 and one for osx) and I noticed on gigabytes Z87X-UD3H page that there are lots of different drivers and utilities... Which drivers and/or utilities should I install? (Im concerned that if I install/update something that you dont have on yours, then my build may not work properly?)

thanx again

1. I'm still on F7 and so far I haven't had any issues! And a general rule of thumb is that if it ain't broke, don't fix it!

2. For windows just install the usual drivers. I was dual booting at one time with windows 8 and I pretty much installed everything on the gigabyte extra software page. Most of them is not that usefully anyway, but your mileage may vary. There are a couple of dual boot guides on this forum so I just follow those and you'll be pretty safe. Also, I usually remove my OSX SSD before installing windows just in case something horrendous happens.

SquadSeven,have you updated to 10.9.2 and do you have problem with usb3-devices? My system freezes as soon as I plug in a usb3-device, even when plugged in a usb2-port.

Edit: Found a solution. Removed genericusbxhci.kext

just wanted to say thanx to SquadSeven and Stork and the whole team and community here because Ive just installed 10.9.1 on to my machine and it seems pretty solid so far :)
(didnt even need to use any recovery codes at any point!)

one last question, after I plug my windows ssd back in, how do i choose which OS i want to run?

so I need to always go into boot priority and choose osx drive if I want to run osx?

or do I need to leave the unibeast usb key in at all times so that I get the boot option screen?

thanx again!

EDIT:
ok one more question still... shoud I upgrade to 10.9.2?
what are the benefits? i rather 'dont fix it if it aint broke" at this moment but if its a important upgrade I may consider it

You absolutely need 10.9.2. See the SSL vulnerability commonly known as "goto fail".

I'm sorry, but if there is one update you ever needed, it is this one...

HI =)

I´ve a question, I´ve read that random freezes may be fixed by deleting the HDEnabler1.kext, and use the Vanilla AppleHDA.kext, but how does this work? :O

Where can i find the Vanilla AppleHDA.kext for 10.9.2?

Sry for my poor English :(

this guide worked perfectly for me! not one single problem, I used the internal Graphics in the Bios settings and selected my SSD as the main startup drive, everything is working great! thanks

Hi! Thank you for sharing information!

I just builded hackintosh with the same motherboard. I did the BIOS setup just as you did. And i followed multibeast seth just as you did. Only problem was that i didn't found HDA enabler in my multibeast driver setup. Maybe that's the problem? Why my multibeast doesn't show the HDA enabler? How to fix that? Any suggestions? aybe somebody can give me kext file to solve this issue? or whole configuration file which i can use via multibeast?

everything runs smooth but i have no sound :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back