Contribute
Register

[Success] SquadSeven's Build - i7 4770k - GA-Z87X-UD3H - 16GB RAM - GTX 780 3GB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for the quick reply!

Both of those settings are set to what you mentioned.

However, the drivers still error on install. They seem to fail during registry. Don't know if that helps.

Thanks again!

Thanks for the reply!

I get quite a lot of kext files saying they have invalid signatures.
One being the RedRocket driver I was having issues with installing.

Fake SMC states :

/System/Library/Extensions/FakeSMC.kext is not authentic; omitting from prelinked kernel.Can't use FakeSMC.kext - not linked.
Prelink failed for org.hwsensors.driver.LPCSensors; omitting from prelinked kernel.
Can't use FakeSMC.kext - not linked.

What is the best way to proceed?

Cheers,
Ryan

Thanks for the reply!

I get quite a lot of kext files saying they have invalid signatures.
One being the RedRocket driver I was having issues with installing.

Fake SMC states :

/System/Library/Extensions/FakeSMC.kext is not authentic; omitting from prelinked kernel.Can't use FakeSMC.kext - not linked.
Prelink failed for org.hwsensors.driver.LPCSensors; omitting from prelinked kernel.
Can't use FakeSMC.kext - not linked.

What is the best way to proceed?

Cheers,
Ryan

If this is a clover setup, then I would deleting those kexts and run the sudo kextchaches cmd again. if it gives you no errors then try installing again. I had the same issues trying to install nvidia drivers. I learn this procedure from someone trying to install completely different driver than me. org.hwsensors.driver.LPCSensors FakeSMC.kext These kexts are not suppose to install there. they are suppose to be installed in the /clover/efi/kext 10.10/ folder

Thanks!

Should I move the kexts to the proper folder you specified?

When I delete the kext, is deleting in Finder, then empty trash?

I am running a Clover install.

Cheers!

- Ryan

Thanks!

Should I move the kexts to the proper folder you specified?

When I delete the kext, is deleting in Finder, then empty trash?

I am running a Clover install.

Cheers!

- Ryan

When I delete the kext, is deleting in Finder, then empty trash? Yes
Should I move the kexts to the proper folder you specified? no need, you can always put back, but you really do not need too.

After you removed them to the trashcan and ran sudo kextcaches command again and did you get zero errors? then try reinstalling the drivers again and tell me what happens, if everything worked then empty your trash. it's important that you get zero errors when running the sudo kextcaches command.

If this is a clover setup, then I would deleting those kexts and run the sudo kextchaches cmd again. if it gives you no errors then try installing again. I had the same issues trying to install nvidia drivers. I learn this procedure from someone trying to install completely different driver than me. org.hwsensors.driver.LPCSensors FakeSMC.kext These kexts are not suppose to install there. they are suppose to be installed in the /clover/efi/kext 10.10/ folder

Thanks for your patience.

It is a clover setup. However, I don't have a folder labeled /clover/efi/kext 10.10. When I use multibeast to install the drivers, it doesn't ask me a location, rather just says install for all users.

Hi!

I've been using this build for a little over a year now.

4770k with the z87x-UD3H and a GTX 660.

I've been on 10.10.2 for a long time now, and I've had an extraordinary stable system, no freezing, sleep issues, audio issues, etc...

With 10.10.5 out, being the last before el-capitan I wonder if I should make the jump.

Would going from 10.10.2 to 10.10.5 be okay? What should I do now? My Mobo is not on f8m, but I've never needed to touch it since I installed.

I've been updating audio with the old MultiBeast on my previous updates as it always worked.

Obviously I am apprehensive to take the leap.

Thanks in advance!

I am currently upgrading to Yosemite, however I forgot that this my build does not have a graphics card and I disabled internal graphics... and now i get nothing displaying...

Anyone know how to re-enable internal graphics?
or force boot to internal graphics?

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back