Contribute
Register

[Success] SquadSeven's Build - i7 4770k - GA-Z87X-UD3H - 16GB RAM - GTX 780 3GB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly I've never experienced this problem. Are you using the green audio port at the rear?
I tried all 3 ports, the green and black one at the rear and the one at the front.
I ordered a USB sound card yesterday, hopefully this will fix the problem.

Try opening up the Sound pane in System Preference and the Audio MIDI Setup app in /Applications/Utilities folder. Synch the two up to get the right combination of Line Out. :thumbup:

Thanks for your help, like I wrote in "Edit 2" on the previous page, audio works (except for some disruptions).
I found another user with the same problem like me (froghammer) who has a GA-Z87X-UD5H. His solution was to change his RAM modules although there weren't any RAM errors.
I will change some BIOS settings, let's see whether I can keep the freezes away.

Edit: Some users reported that the freezes might be caused by the ethernet kext. I'll uninstall it and I hope this will fix it.

Edit 2: @SquadSeven: do you only use your wifi card? That may be the reason why I have the freezes while you don't.

Hello! I honestly have no idea as I've never used a water cooling system. Could you try with the stock cooler? And if the same problem persists then it might be the cooler.

Oh i have found the problem, its with the cooler, specifically the cosair link usb connection that allows you to change the fan settings on windows but doesnt have OSX support, i still had it plugged into a usb header on the mobo when i was configuring it with windows and when i unplugged that it started sleeping. but the fans are already setup so everything is all good. :)

Thanks for your help, like I wrote in "Edit 2" on the previous page, audio works (except for some disruptions).
I found another user with the same problem like me (froghammer) who has a GA-Z87X-UD5H. His solution was to change his RAM modules although there weren't any RAM errors.
I will change some BIOS settings, let's see whether I can keep the freezes away.

Edit: Some users reported that the freezes might be caused by the ethernet kext. I'll uninstall it and I hope this will fix it.

Edit 2: @SquadSeven: do you only use your wifi card? That may be the reason why I have the freezes while you don't.

Short -

I'm getting random freezing as well. I have the same mobo (GA-Z87X--UD3H, 16GB RAM) but I'm using the internal 4600 GPU inside my i7 4670K . My OS is 10.8.5.

I have suspicions that it's caused by either graphics or the Ethernet driver.

Let us know if your Ethernet kext removal made your build more stable.

Thanks -

Short -

I'm getting random freezing as well. I have the same mobo (GA-Z87X--UD3H, 16GB RAM) but I'm using the internal 4600 GPU inside my i7 4670K . My OS is 10.8.5.

I have suspicions that it's caused by either graphics or the Ethernet driver.

Let us know if your Ethernet kext removal made your build more stable.

Thanks -
I removed AppleIntelE1000e.kext, but the freezes still occured.
I just booted Windows 8.1 (dual boot) and got a bluescreen with the description "Memory_Management", so I think my problem could be hardware related...
I will still remove the whole IONetworkingFamily driver and see whether the freezes keep popping up.

Everything was perfect on the Z87X- UD3H but then the audio when i tested it was nasty one drop out after another so i came on here looking for a solution. I saw this post the first time round as i had checked here previously but then i came back and saw your post tried it and amazing sound with no drop outs thanks very much. Talk about missing the wood for the trees! PS to any body with this problem use the black connector above the green. :headband:

Update on random freezes:
Yesterday I checked my RAM with Memtest86+ both with all RAM modules at once as well as all modules individually. There were no errors found, but I will let a test run for at least 20 hours today to be sure there's nothing wrong with my RAM.
It seems that the ethernet kexts are NOT the problem. As mentioned before, I removed the specific kext for the ethernet port (AppleIntelE1000e.kext), but this didn't fix the problem. Afterwards I removed the IONetworkingFamily.kext, but I still got a kernel panic.
What's interesting is that this time I got more information on the panic: it was caused by the graphic drivers NVDAResman and NVDAGK100Hal.
So I switched to the internal HD 4600 and let my poor GTX 770 sit in the corner, let's see if this fixes the problem. I also put IONetworkingFamily.kext back into the system so I can enjoy some cat videos until the PC freezes or panics - I really hope it does because I don't want my GTX 770 to be the reason.

This post was just to keep people with the same problem on track, I hope this contributes to a solution.

Little summary:
What is NOT the problem: audio drivers, networking drivers
What MAY be the problem: bad graphic drivers (NVDAResman and NVDAGK100Hal), bad RAM, motherboard malfunction, maybe something with the VRAM of my GTX 770

Edit: Phew, still got a kernel panic with the HD 4600, therefore it isn't caused by my GTX 770. RAM testing will run until tomorrow, when it's finished I'll report back.

Did you install patched AppleHDA.kext and HDAEnabler1.kext from MultiBeast (Drivers > Audio > Without DSDT > ALC898)?
Did you try using other audio ports, for example the rear black one or the front one?

If you did both, I would simply recommend using the USB sound card as that seems to be the easiest solution.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back