CPU
i7-8700
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
MacBook Pro, Mac mini
Mobile Phone
Android, iOS
I tried with AppleHDA.kext that I found on my Macbook Pro with Yosemite. Doesn't work !

Motherboard
ASUS TUF Z390M
CPU
i7-8700
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
MacBook Pro, Mac mini
Mobile Phone
Android, iOS
I just tried with both of them. Unfortunately, sound doesn't work...

Motherboard
GA-Z87X-UD3H
CPU
i7-4770
Graphics
GTX 970
Mobile Phone
iOS
well, that's really sad, because I wanted to buy that motherboard you have next week and make my own yosemite, but if the sound is not working, it's just pointless to buy anything. :banghead::banghead:

Motherboard
ASUS TUF Z390M
CPU
i7-8700
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
MacBook Pro, Mac mini
Mobile Phone
Android, iOS
I just do a fresh install of Yosemite. I install ALC898 with Multibeast 7. Then, I restore with TimeMachine.
Everything works, even sound.

Yosemite is full functional with this Mothercard !

Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z87X-UD3H
CPU
Intel i5 4670k
Graphics
EVGA GTX 660
Mac
iMac, MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Android
Yep, Yosemite has been going well for me as well (after a bit of trial and error/looking around the forum).
I did a fresh install since a system update didnt work for me

I'm running the GA-Z87X-UD3H with a 4670k and a GTX 660.
Note: I did NOT install the USB 3.0 Kext and the 3rd Party SATA kext as those were giving me problems initially. So far everything seems to be working (sound, hardware is recognized, wifi, etc.)
Hope this helps

I also followed Short's Beastly Build for my BIOS settings: They were mostly the same as my Mavericks BIOS settings.
Short's Beastly Build - i7-4770k - GA-Z87X-UD3H - GTX 770 4GB

Last edited by a moderator:
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Yep, Yosemite has been going well for me as well (after a bit of trial and error/looking around the forum).
I did a fresh install since a system update didnt work for me

I'm running the GA-Z87X-UD3H with a 4670k and a GTX 660.
Note: I did NOT install the USB 3.0 Kext and the 3rd Party SATA kext as those were giving me problems initially. So far everything seems to be working (sound, hardware is recognized, wifi, etc.)
Hope this helps
But the USB 3.0 ports and SSD are working well, despite that you did not install the kexts?

CPU
Intel Core i7 4770K
Graphics
GeForce GTX770
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Android
I just do a fresh install of Yosemite. I install ALC898 with Multibeast 7. Then, I restore with TimeMachine.
Everything works, even sound.

Yosemite is full functional with this Mothercard !
I thinking of installing Yosemite this way: clean install first to see if everything works properly and then recovering my TimeMachine backup to get all my apps back. Would I be able to do this via the official TimeMachine recovery way, or did you just drag and drop all your apps/data in Yosemite?