Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Spballer's Build: GA-Z97X-GAMING-GT / i7-4790k / Nvidia GeForce GTX 970 SC

Status
Not open for further replies.
At the moment iMessage is troublesome, you can read everything you need to know about it here. Also, any shot of iMessage working currently requires using Clover as your bootloader.

Facetime and everything else works just fine. No additional fixes needed after the installation.

For what its worth I've been keeping my eye on the iMessage issue, here are my thoughts currently. If you don't have iMessage working already it would be best to exercise patience and let JayMonkey continue to work on a fix, there are a lot of folks trying to get it going and that could be bad news.

For now I'd recommend setting your focus on getting the rest of your system working and stable, keep your eye on the Fix iMessage thread and wait for an official announcement for a fix, and most importantly, enjoy your new computer!

I really like your build and am thinking of something pretty similar. This will be my first hackintosh build and your guide is awesome! Looks very in depth and very step-by-step. I had a question about the graphics card. Do you think switching out the Evga GeForce GTX 970 sc for the Gigabyte GTX 970 would be the same set up you went through? Seems like yours was pretty easy to get working, just wondering if you had any idea how much difference getting the Gigabyte working over the Evga would be?

Thanks for the kind words bradonf333 :)

There shouldn't be any difference in getting the Gigabyte 970 to work vs the EVGA. The guide should be up to the task of installing any 9 series card. They all run off the same web drivers from what I understand.

Best of luck with your build!

Awesome. Thanks again. Your guide looks like one of the better ones i've seen so thanks for taking all the time to lay it all out. I look forward to using your guide once i get all the parts!

Your guide just got me through my first Hackintosh build. I've still got a few little things to figure out (sleep, boot speed, which system definition to use), but your guide is absolutely what got the machine booting and graphics and everything working. Thank you so much!

Your guide just got me through my first Hackintosh build. I've still got a few little things to figure out (sleep, boot speed, which system definition to use), but your guide is absolutely what got the machine booting and graphics and everything working. Thank you so much!

Did you go with same graphics card as Spballer? Or did you go with a different one?

Sorry for my delayed response fella's, been a bit busy.

Really glad my thread helped you out hayskeys :) For what its' worth, I tried a lot of different system profiles and I found that 3,1 was the most stable along side being the top performer in whatever benchmarks I ran. I am not the king of system tweaking so I'm sure there is room for growth, but I'm plenty content with the 3,1 system defintion. What isn't working with your sleep?

akhilv1, thanks :) Its really impressive in person, pictures don't do it justice, the brushing is gorgeous, the tinting is just right, its a really well built case. I find it funny about all the reviews knocking it for cooling, I think the fact that it doesn't come with case fans is a huge positive as you can choose your own and do what you want with it. I got mine for 230 on Amazon, and I appreciate every penny spent whenever I look at it. If you're on the fence about the high cost but you appreciate aesthetics, its something you won't regret.

Still looking forward to seeing your build bradonf333!

hi

i am totally new to this. i wanna do the exactly same machine as you.

i have a few concerns:

1. when i assembly the machine, someone mentions some drive or something should not be connected to the motherboard when installing. when finishing install the system, we connect those things. do you do it this way or you could install all parts before installing the system.

2. also you mention the monitor, it seems like you first install it to motherboard if i remember it right. and then when u finish installing the system, you connect it to the video card, right? you use the vga to connect the monitor to video card,right? do u also do that when u connect the monitor to motherboard?

3. do you have any recommendation website for how to assembly the components? or you just assembly it according to the manual.

4. can i choose dsdt free now if i do it in your methods?

thank you so much

Hi zhibolau,

1.) If you are doing a dual boot (OSX on one drive, Windows/Linux/etc on the other) it is recommended to only have the drive you are doing an install on connected. For this build (just one operating system), you can have everything connected.

2.) Correct. The way this guide works is that we first do the system install via the internal graphics (video card disabled), so the monitor must be connected to the motherboard during the first part of the installation (operating system installation). After you have the operating system installed you can then download and install the web drivers for the video card, at which point you will disable the internal graphics and use the video card, requiring you to move the monitors' connection from the motherboard to the video card. Whether you use VGA/HDMI/DisplayPort/etc for the connection depends on your monitor. I used HDMI personally. Now that I have my new monitor I am using DisplayPort.

3.) I used a bunch of various google and youtube searches to find photo's/video's/tips on component installation. There are a lot of great "general" computer building video's that will give good tips on how to get going, and if you find yourself needing more detail on a particular part you can always google search that for more detail. Manuals are always your friend :thumbup:

4.) Yes, for this build DSDT free is the correct choice. EasyBeast is the incorrect choice for this build. The guide has been updated with the proper procedure for a DSDT Free installation.

Best of luck and let me know how it goes! If you have any other questions or concerns don't hesitate to ask, I'll do my best to help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back