Contribute
Register

[Success!] Snbd889's Video Editing Build: Core i7-4790k - GA-Z97X-UD5H - 16GB CORSAIR VENGENANCE RAM

Status
Not open for further replies.
My system is overlocked to 5ghz hence the Geekbench score. I usually don't run it at 5 ghz although its stable but drop it to 4.9ghz which gives me a Geekbench score of around 20,100. If I drop it to 4.8ghz Geekbench is around 19,750 but running only a fraction over stock voltage. Each chip will be different - I have not tried pushing mine beyond 5ghz as even with a XSPC AX360 rad cooling only the CPU temps start getting close to 90C when run running stability tests like Prime 95 and OCCT

Very impressive, sounds like you got a golden chip there ;). Mine becomes unstable at 4.7 but I haven't had time to test it thoroughly.

Since last posting i switched to the grey RAM slots and it seems to be marginally faster so i'm going to stick with this until I get my other two chips.

Also, the youtube / safari bug has completely gone in 10.10.2 so i'm back using iMac15,1 definition flawlessly. :)

Just another report on successful install of Yosemite, hw as below:

Gigabyte GA-Z97X-UD5H-BK, Socket-1150
Intel Core i7-4790K
Crucial DDR3 BallistiX Sport 16GB KIT (x2) i.e. all 4 slots occupied
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD
Seagate Barracuda® 1TB
Corsair RM750, 750W PSU
TP-LINK TL-WDN4800 11n Wireless Adapter

BIOS updated to F6, seemed to do the trick after quite a few failed attempts.
BIOS configuration as described in earlier posts.

Multibeast config attached.

Using the onboard graphic - no gaming intended.
Wifi seems supported natively by OSX.
The intel ethernet needed AppleIntelE1000e v3.1.0a. The Killer ethernet left out of consideration.
Sound untested
HWSensors seems to report plausible data.
Enters and wakes up from sleep as expected.

Boots without errors, warnings about:
ATHR: unknown locale: 21 - seems to be a common, non-malignant msg.

Moved my applications and data from the defunct macbook pro’s disk. Adobe Lightroom runs without error.
Although less than 8 hours uptime it seems like a working setup

Attachments

• minMultiBeast20150213_net.mb
    4.9 KB · Views: 115
thank you for this information; i'll be interested to hear if it every crashes on you. i'm still getting about one crash every 24 hours, usually overnight. i haven't lost any data, but it's a little annoying. i'm not sure what the problem is.

Can you please tell me if you've tried 3 monitors with your configuration ?

i've been running three monitors since the beginning; my system still isn't completely stable. it has a crash usually waking up in the morning. but otherwise, things are good.

Screenshot 2015-02-18 08.27.36.png

Can anyone help me here?

Not trying to hijack this thread but I have a similar motherboard and trying to install using Clover. Getting a panic error using the installer on the USB stick. Dont' know what else to try. This thread helped me make some progress (thanks Snbd889) so I thought I might ask you guys to take a look and offer advice.

Please see my post for help below. And please respond in my post so as not to interrupt Snbd889's:

http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...-usb-stick-when-moving-clover.html#post988924

Hi, I followed the same clover set up and have the same specs as you.

Clover is working great thanks, can't thank you enough.

Didn't have any luck with iMessage though? Did you do anything specific after?

Also did you manage to get sound working mine is the same driver? Do I need to inject it a specific way?

Thanks

Kyler

Hello! I am new at this and i am trying to build something like this rig. Same motherboard, same graphics card and i want to use the noctua nh-d15 as cooler. Do anyone know if i will have clearance problem:?:
I want to know if the cooler goes down to the first psi (graphics card)
Thanks as advance!:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back