Contribute
Register

[Success!] Snbd889's Video Editing Build: Core i7-4790k - GA-Z97X-UD5H - 16GB CORSAIR VENGENANCE RAM

Status
Not open for further replies.
please help
my audio not working
my mobo is ASUS Z-97A
thanks and i will also post my test also.

thanks for this awesome guide and salute to tony for this awesome work.

got audio working love you all

please help
my audio not working
my mobo is ASUS Z-97A
thanks and i will also post my test also.

thanks for this awesome guide and salute to tony for this awesome work.

got audio working love you all
You posted in the wrong thread. This thread is for Snbd889's system which has a Gigabyte GA-Z97X-UD5H motherboard, not an ASUS motherboard.

Hello! I am a noob at this Hackintosh thing and i need an expert help.

So! I have a very similar system as you Snbd889 and i am now in 10.10.4 Yosemite via UniBeast-MultiBeast method. All is good except for 2 problems.
1. No iMessage
2. USB 3 freezes.
I am thinking to use clover for post installation, can it be done??(how?)
Do i have to make a clean install via UniBeast-Clover method?

[video=youtube;CjMXkB2wMWE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CjMXkB2wMWE[/video]

Is it worth the trouble?
Thanks as advance!

I have made some upgrades as well, haven't kept my guide up... Updated to a gtx970 g1 gaming, and may have an accident and updated to 10.10.5 via the App Store... Well now I'm having the same as the above post and can't get it to boot past 1/3 and all my kernels won't load... Troubleshooting now any advice welcome.

Hi Snbd889,
thanks again for your awesome guide.
I´m currently running OS X 10.10.5 on my machine. For first startup after Update you need to use "nv_disable=1" (without ""). Then OS X will start with default drivers. Go to Setting in the NVIDIA tab and check for updates. Install the Update and at the next startup your machine should boot up normally without nv_disable=1.

Hope this helps. ;)

Hello, I have almost the same build, except my gfx card is GTX970. I was encouraged by seeing all the successful builds using hardware combination from this thread, but after my many unsucessful attempts to replicate the installation method from here, I'm feeling a bit frustrated now :(

I decided to go for Clover method, since Unibeast wasnt working for me. I sucessfully created installation usb drive, but after booting from it I canot get past the white progress bar with the Apple logo to 1/3 and then the computer just hangs on black screen or restarts. I tried pulling out the gfx card and plugged the monitor to the integrated DVI port bit with no sucess. Even tried the "nv_dsabled=1" argument, it didn't help.

Could someone kindly advise on how to fix this?
Thanks

was able to get past the installer problem and boot to desktop with help from this site (basically needed to add the nv_disable=1 AND graphicsenabler=no

https://www.******.com/r/hackintosh...mite_install_problems_with_a_gtx_970_maxwell/

tony mac has a great page about 10.10.5 support for graphics cards, and he references the updated graphics driver (its the same page if you just search 10.10.5 nvidia driver (should say version 346.02.03f01, and in the description say 14f27).

My current boot args in clover: dart=0 kext-dev-mode=1 nvda_drv=1

To get it to boot to reinstall nvidia drivers for the newest update: dart=0 kext-dev-mode=1 nvda_drv=1 nv_disable=1 GraphicsEnabler=No -v

(cant remember if i used -x also)

After installing drivers it asked to reboot and I allowed, seems to be back up and running now.

I also installed the NVIDIA CUDA 7.0 for Mac (7.0.64) update because i do hardware accelerated graphics for premiere pro

Hope this helps :) (its a pain to get working sometimes, but sometimes you have to think about what components may be causing an issue and then try to target them to get working, and some of it is pure luck from my end).

Hi Snbd889,
thanks again for your awesome guide.
I´m currently running OS X 10.10.5 on my machine. For first startup after Update you neede to use "nv_disable=1" (witchout ""). Then OS X will start with default drivers. Go to Setting in the NVIDEA tab and check for updates. Install the Update and at the next startup your machine should boot up normally without nv_disable=1.

Hope this helps. ;)

thanks! figured it out and was typing my response to another user when you must have posted, i appreciate the feedback though :)

Have you installed Sierra?
Hey denimdude,
maybe it's a little bit too late and you have already installed Sierra.:p I have installed macOS Sierra 10.12.1 last weekend. My rig is nearly identical to yours and for me there were just minor problems in the beginning. Tried to install Sierra like explained in the guide but it always got stuck. So I just tried it without any special bootflags, just using -v, and it just worked. Now even HDMI-Audio is working after some tinkering, which it didn't do before.:headbang: Now everyting is up and running smoothly. I would say it's safe to install macOS Sierra, but don't forget to backup your data, just in case. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back