Contribute
Register

[Success!] Snbd889's Video Editing Build: Core i7-4790k - GA-Z97X-UD5H - 16GB CORSAIR VENGENANCE RAM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Adding the nv_disable=1 flag solved my problem without having to switch from DisplayPort, so thanks for that!

But I somehow am stuck in an infinite install loop, following the Unibeast install guide: http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...-x-yosemite-any-supported-intel-based-pc.html

I install on my HDD just fine. System restarts. The guide says to select the USB to boot from again (my only option) so I do, using the same exact boot flags as before. I always get this deadbeef error the first time through.
error2.jpg

So then I shut my system down, boot up from USB with the same flags, and it works this time but now I'm back at the original OS X install menu, and not the one where you can choose country.

I'm sure I'm messing up something stupid simple, but any ideas?

Try using less bootflags. I doesnt see a reason to use most of the bootflags bevause it should work without them. Thats the only thing I can say because I used Clover. Why aren't you using Clover, worked best for me after passing the DSMOS error.

The only reason I was trying to use Unibeast was because through everything I read, the Clover install was much more complicated and involved.

But I guess I'm this far down the rabbit hole.

I'll report back later this evening when I have time to get a Clover attempt in.

Okay, so it wasn't quite one day. But here's the updates:

So I think I have my Clover boot stick configured correctly. I turn on my computer, hold F12, select "UEFI: USB DISK 3.0 PMAP". From there, when the Clover screen comes up, I move the cursor to select "Boot OS X Install from Install OS X Yosemite". Hit enter. Apple logo shows, starts the install process. Screen goes black after about 1/3 the way through the install, then reboots into the Clover boot screen. I'm stuck in this loop.

Used the exact same Clover settings as page 1. Followed all the steps correctly.

I will try again using a USB 2.0 port instead of 3.0

Edit: using a 2.0 port did not fix anything, but the initial install seemed to go a tad further into the progress bar.

I think it's because your nVidia card is not yet supported by OS X. Try installing Yosemite with Clover using your on-board graphics (remove the graphics card). Then, after getting your Clover installation completed, install the latest nVidia web drivers. Shut down and reinstall the graphics card, mindful to change your BIOS to IGXP intially and then back to PCIe Initial Display.

I think it's because your nVidia card is not yet supported by OS X. Try installing Yosemite with Clover using your on-board graphics (remove the graphics card). Then, after getting your Clover installation completed, install the latest nVidia web drivers. Shut down and reinstall the graphics card, mindful to change your BIOS to IGXP intially and then back to PCIe Initial Display.
I will try that later today when I have time. But this card is the same as other who've had success in this thread, so I'm confused why I am having issues.

I will try that later today when I have time. But this card is the same as other who've had success in this thread, so I'm confused why I am having issues.
This thread is dedicated to Snbd889's configuration which uses a 760, not a 970 - two different chipsets.

I bought the same mobo and cpu
Intel Core i7-4790K
Gigabyte GA-Z97X-UD5H

I copied all your settings and used your files but when I try to boot into the clover installer it loads up about 1/3 of the way (where you see the Apple logo with progress bar) and then the PC freezes and restarts...did you use any boot arguments to get into the clover installer?

Thank you

Edit: I should note that I have a GTX 960 but I have boot graphics set to igfx in mobo settings and my monitor is plugged into mobo vga

...I should note that I have a GTX 960 but I have boot graphics set to igfx in mobo settings and my monitor is plugged into mobo vga
Apple's OS X does not natively support VGA monitor connections. Use either DVI or HDMI.

Additionally, please provide complete details in your Profile.

System: motherboard manufacturer/model
CPU: detailed CPU model (e.g., i7-4770K)
Graphics: Video card manufacturer/model and/or Intel Integrated Graphics version (e.g., HD4600)

See my Profile items to the left of my post, under my name.

By doing completing your Profile and signature block, you help us help you better. :thumbup:

Audio is currently not working per my installation. I have spend a day or two trying to get Toleda's ALC1150 injection method to work, but have had no success. It seems this chipset is not widely supported yet, so like many I opted to simply order a USB sound card with native Mac support and drivers. **I have not received this product to test yet, but will post my findings when I do**

I use this method to enable onboard audio ALC1150 just fine. But in toleda's guide there's a note for ALC1150. basically you just have to edit where it says "Replace Hex" and add some values. It won't work just using the command, but after editing, it will. Just wanted to share that with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back