Contribute
Register

[Success!] Snbd889's Video Editing Build: Core i7-4790k - GA-Z97X-UD5H - 16GB CORSAIR VENGENANCE RAM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, thanks OP, the clover method worked for me after a lot of tries.

Some modifications:

Modify your final config.plist to fix kernel panic on shutdown/restart with 10.10.2:
Right after
<key>ACPI</key>
<dict>
add:
<dict>
<key>ResetAddress</key>
<string>0x64</string>
<key>ResetValue</key>
<string>0xFE</string>
</dict>

To fix audio, mount efi partition via terminal:
http://themacadmin.com/mounting-the-efi-boot-partition-on-mac-os-x/

Then run this command:
https://github.com/toleda/audio_CloverALC/blob/master/audio_cloverALC-100.command.zip

Make sure you haven't modified the stock AppleHDA.kext

Thank you so much, Bro...
This was the best solution and it works perfectly.
All i had to do, was installing the Web Driver for GTX970 (Had to change the ID to Mac Pro 3,1)

ApfelBeat

Can anyone report very stable builds with this motherboard? I am still getting at least one kernel panic a day, usually on a wake from overnight sleep.

I tried the change suggested two posts above with the modification, but i'm still crashing at least once daily.

I would love some thoughts.

I have also built my Hackintosh following this clover installation guide. So first of all I have to say thank you to the OP! :clap:
Since building my machine (specs in profile) I had no to little problems with my configuration. To adamcanderson: I can say that my mobo is running realy good and stable all the time! Also TRIM for SSD and audio after sleep is working realy well. :thumbup:

how's your memory usage? i seem to have a leak where, throughout the day, my memory used steadily increases toward capacity. have you seen that?

Awesome write up, but I'm getting stuck here:

error1.jpg

Currently using the following boot flags:

-x -v maxmem=4096 PCIRootUID=1 npci=0x2000

Any idea what's causing this?

My monitor is connected via DisplayPort. Should I still try connecting over HDMI?

I woult give it a shot. When it doesn't work try connecting your monitor over the DVI or HDMI of the motherboard and use the bootflag nv_disable=1 (this will disable your graphics card for one boot, try using this bootflag in several combinations with your other bootflags (always use -v so you can see where it gets stuck)). When this doesn't work try removing your graphics card and put it back in when your system is up and running.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back