Contribute
Register

[Success] Skylake Z170-A, i7-6700K, GTX 980 TI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone succeeded in making a Hackintosh with this mobo post 11.10.5? I got it to work with an earlier update, but now I can't seem to get it to work. Also, does anyone have a backup of the attachment he added?

Last edited:
Now that the web cache is no longer working, here's a PDF of it. its the old post before it was deleted

Attachments

• [Success] Skylake Z170-A, i7-6700K, GTX 980 TI _ tonymacx86.pdf
    782.3 KB · Views: 324
schwadorf and minimurti, you're my heroes. Thanks for the thread link and PDF. Diving in on a new dual boot setup.

schwadorf and minimurti, you're my heroes. Thanks for the thread link and PDF. Diving in on a new dual boot setup.
Let me know if you succeed. I havent gotten my rig to work. It could be due to the 10.11.4+ update

Let me know if you succeed. I havent gotten my rig to work. It could be due to the 10.11.4+ update

Can you describe the issue you are having? I'm on 10.11.5 and everything's working fine here.

Can you describe the issue you are having? I'm on 10.11.5 and everything's working fine here.
Last time I tried making a drive with Unibeast, and I followed the other instructions from the original post. The drive simply didn't boot from my machine. Didn't even get to the clover screen. I'll try again and record my actions and upload it to YouTube maybe

Last time I tried making a drive with Unibeast, and I followed the other instructions from the original post. The drive simply didn't boot from my machine. Didn't even get to the clover screen. I'll try again and record my actions and upload it to YouTube maybe

Try a different USB port for the installation drive, preferably one from the back of the case.

Some users (myself included) reported that the front USB ports didn't work with the SSDT file brumbaer provided in the first post.

I explained the changes I needed to make to get my system working here:

http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/s...-6700k-gtx-980-ti.181837/page-15#post-1225373

Last edited:
Try a different USB port for the installation drive, preferably one from the back of the case.

Some users (myself included) reported that the front USB ports didn't work with the SSDT file brumbaer provided in the first post.

I explained the changes I needed to make to get my system working here:

http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/s...-6700k-gtx-980-ti.181837/page-15#post-1225373

Thanks! Turns out I just needed to use your config file from your post. Installing it onto a 32GB test drive as I speak. Considering the original post is deleted, what do you say one of us posts a new article with updated instructions? That way people won't have to scroll through comments or be discouraged by the first thing they see which is that the original post itself was deleted.

Anybody got the onboard audio, specifically, the optical out port to work? I see no outputs available after installing Realtek ALC892

Anybody got the onboard audio, specifically, the optical out port to work? I see no outputs available after installing Realtek ALC892

Hey, glad you got your system working. As for the audio:

- Change audio to input 1 using Clover Configurator (Devices>Audio>1)

- Download Multibeast and run it, go to Drivers/Audio, select 100 Series Audio and ALC892. (only those two) Install them and reboot your computer.

- If it still doesn't show up in Outputs menu, remove AppleHDA kext from /System/Library/Extensions (use Go on homepage menu > go to folder then type that file folder). Select the kext and delete like any other file to trash.

- Download Kext Wizard. Run. Go to Maintenance>System/Library/Extensions>Check Rebuild Cache>Execute. Reboot.

- Download Kext Helper. Add the attached kext to Kext Helper and run. Reboot.

- Check "About this Mac" > System Report > Audio. See if the audio lines are there.

- Should see the Analog and Digital Output options in the Sound menu now.

Attachments

• AppleHDA.kext.zip
    1.2 MB · Views: 102
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back