Contribute
Register

[Success] Skylake Z170-A, i7-6700K, GTX 980 TI

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm glad this group is still giving updates and new comers are adding things to the table ..

I like how VCN is helping out and giving us new updates. You Rock :headbang:

Thanks again Brumbaer :clap:

Can some one confirm my observation .. I have noticed after updating the bios + OSX 10.11.4 .. and removing the patches that are not required anymore I noticed a slight slowdown in starting up load time at least 10 to 15 more seconds ..

I'm considering putting back those unnecessary patches and testing a few times :mrgreen:.

Can some one confirm my observation .. I have noticed after updating the bios + OSX 10.11.4 .. and removing the patches that are not required anymore I noticed a slight slowdown in starting up load time at least 10 to 15 more seconds ..

I'm considering putting back those unnecessary patches and testing a few times :mrgreen:.

I haven't noticed any slowdowns so far. The system is stable without the patches, I'm using it everyday for 10 hours or so and everything works fine.

By the way, I did another change to the build. I noticed that my USB devices were getting voltage when the system was off (the light on the mouse was on, etc). So I changed a parameter on the bios:

BIOS -> Advanced -> APM Configuration -> ERP Ready -> Enable (S4 + S5)

Now all the lights are off when I shut down the system.

Anyone know about M.2 support? I'm slowly purchasing this build and drive speed is very important to me (I use Xcode a lot)

Good morning,

After successful update to 10.4! thanks again to brumbaer for build! I am still trying to figure out how to get correct amount of ram to show editing config.plist. I am running 32 gb of DDR 4 2400, (shows 16 gb) the link VCN referenced in a earlier post is helpful, but not very detailed and doesn't inspire a lot of confidence. This is really the only issue I have left, everything else is working flawlessly! It would be very helpful to me and maybe some others if one of you guys could write a detailed walk through. I have dug into the forums to find solution for everything else (bluetooth) but not a lot of posts about this. Maybe, I just haven't come across the right post yet. Forums are pure gold btw.

Some specifics: changing slot count from 2 to 4, got it no questions. But, do we add an entire block for each slot? or, in my case with 32gb, do I change the amount (example shows 8193 or something like that) to 1600 something? is there a reference for what number I have to use? is changing speed to 2400 supported?

Again, a walkthrough "editing plist to show correct amount of ram for dummies" guide would be awesome, but any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Hello community

I'm a newbie here as well as to hackintosh. However, spoiler: TOTAL SUCCESS with this guide!

This guide was an inspiration to get me started with my own hackintosh. For over a year I was trying to find the perfect machine for my work and budget and I just could not seem to get it from apple, even if money was no object. Their move to soldered hardware and no internal upgradeable storage left me with no other option. As I followed tonymacx86 and found this thread with several success stories I decided to take the plunge and build my first computer and make it a hackintosh running the latest skylakes and el capitan 10.11.4. I even purchased my hardware based on this thread...

My objectives for my system are mainly Lightroom and Photoshop for my photographic works. I've used iMacs and maxed out Mac Pro's selfly upgraded from 4,1 to 5,1 for this purpose until I learned that, as stated by pugetsystems, the best configuration for all purpose Lightroom work is 4-core CPU's with high clock speed and no twin CPU's. Welcome to Skylake i7 6700k (with potential overclocking in the future).

Thank you brumbaer for this exceptional guide, though nothing for beginners, reading the whole thread got me more insights by other users, their questions and your up to date comments and replies. My system was running OSX from the first try using this guide, though with a few hickups like usb 3 which I eventually got to work following your troubleshooting with mutassem. Thank you thank you thank you!!! I am so excited.

Now here are my specs:

Mac OSX 10.11.4
Asus Z170-A
I7-6700k
Noctua DH-15S CPU cooler
EVGA GTX 680 flashed Mac (ported from my 2009 Mac Pro)
32 GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000 Mhz RAM
Corsair HX850i PSU
Fractal Design R5 White Case

Screen Shot 2016-04-03 at 00.46.28.png

I am not running this as a main system yet, as I want to test various scenarios and stability. Will report back here if I have any issues. So far, all is working: Audio, Ethernet, Nvidia Graphics with web driver, USB 3 (following troubleshoot with motassem, had the same issues)...

Now what I still want to achieve and possibly get some help are the following points:

- Hardware Monitoring, like iStat, System Monitor or HW: check temps of CPU, GPU, Mobo, etc. and control fan speed accordingly, much like Mac Fan Control works on a real Mac. is there any way to get this? Please help anybody...

- iMessage and Keychain in iCloud. Don't worry to answer this as I know there are lots of guides on this website, I'll find my way around this.

- TRIM enable. I know the command in Terminal, I just want to know if anyone has tried it and whether it works satisfactory and as in native OSX. I am a bit scared to enable it on my newly completed and working Hack.

- Intel HD 530. Now with 10.11.4, has anyone got this to work natively without any kexts, DSDT or config changes? For me it doesn't as of now...

- Please check the following screenshot. My system shows Intel I7-6700k 4.01 GHz. Is this normal, why isn't it 4.00 Ghz?

Thank you for your help in advance!
joincoin

UPDATE: got the temps working by following info from this discussion :geek:
But fan rpm speed control still not working..

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-04-03 at 00.57.02.png
    Screen Shot 2016-04-03 at 00.57.02.png
    52.4 KB · Views: 147
  • Screen Shot 2016-04-03 at 02.59.26.png
    Screen Shot 2016-04-03 at 02.59.26.png
    52 KB · Views: 108
Hello,

I've updated some of the programs:

- Clover to 3389
- FakeSMC to the latest version
- USBInjectAll to the latest version

Everything works fine :)

Hi again,

my Mac works fine. Now i have a bluetooth dongle and Apples Magic Keyboard and Mouse working :)!

My biggest problem for now is the Sound :(!
With brumbaer's guide the Soundcard was not listed in Audiomenu.
Of this i read many threads and test many methods.
The only one it have works for one step was the edit the original AppleHDA with the command-tool.
After i but the original HDA with kextwizard in direkctory and start the command-tool if get
the Speaker Symbol at taskbar and i have entry in the audiomenu.
But also i haven't sound on speakers :(!

I try all options by running the tool. Mode 1-3, inject yes and no...

After that i run clover configurator and disable all combinations from the ALC entries.
-> Also the same problem

Now i checked the boxes ResetHDA and fixedHDA
-> Also the same problem

At last i started multibeast and try to install the ALC892 kext from multibeast.
-> Also the same problem

What can i do that my sound works?
I didn't understand this, because i have the same asus Z170-a motherboard like brumbaer
and follow his complete guide.
All works really fine, but were is my sound :(!

Do someone have an idea for my, or mybei some working kext?

Thank alot.

Greeetz,
Gemuese

At last i started multibeast and try to install the ALC892 kext from multibeast.
-> Also the same problem

Gemuese

Hello gemuese. I can confirm, for me this way worked flawlessly: install ALC892 with Multibeast. I have Audio on the blue port on the back (to be honest I haven't even tried the front or other ports as not needed for me at the moment).

Which BIOS Version are you running? Maybe this can cause some issues? Have you tried running the same BIOS brumbear used when creating this guide?

As I am new to this myself I am not sure too.

BTW, which bluetooth dongle are you using?

Best of luck to get it working.

@joincoin
Thank you very much!!!
It was absolute simple ;)! The only thing i must do is to put the Speakers in the blue port !
Normlady the speaker Port is green!

I have the bluetooth dongle Bluetooth Adapter Dongle, GMYLE® Nano USB Broadcom BCM20702 Chip Klasse 2 Bluetooth V4.0 Dual Mode Dongle Drahtlos Adapter mit LED

But be careful, the newer one (100 Meter Version) have an other chip set and doesn't working!
One Probleme i have with the dongle is, when the screensaver startet with plugged in the dongle
the mac freezes and don't wake up again :(!
So i deactivated the screen saver for now...

Gretes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back