[Success] Skylake Z170-A, i7-6700K, GTX 980 TI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi ! I have the following parts :-
Mobo - ASRock Z170 Extreme6
CPU - i7-6700K
GPU - Gigabyte GTX 980 Ti Xtreme Gaming
RAM - G.Skill TridentZ 32 GB (4x8GB) 3000MHz
SSD - Sandisk Extreme Pro 240GB (Windows 10) - Will unplug this one while installing OSX
Sandisk Extreme Pro 240GB (El Capitan) etc

So, I tried installing El Capitan few days ago but failed (1st - While installing the progress bar hangs for too much longer and the USB ports doesn't work at all) (2nd - with some few changes now the installation starts and after some time the prohibited sign appears)[I don't remember the settings exactly but nv_disable=1 is used everytime] So I tried going into Verbose mode and then after many lines, the text gets unreadable and reboot and same thing happens (So i coudn't take the screen shot).. So after some tries I got frustrated and then gave up on OS X (temp) and used Windows but now i think i want OSX badly :banghead: ...! and as i'm really new to this i don't know a **** about SSDT and many other stuff (i'm confused with everything as i have never used OS X before) and also none of my friends have Mac or Hackintosh so i installed El Capitan using VMWare and created the bootable USB and everything went very well but here comes another problem for me - My mobo doesn't have a single USB 2.0 port at rear so i have to use 2x Internal USB 2.0 headers and My Cabinet NZXT Noctis 450 has 2x USB 2.0 at front and but my both USB 2.0 headers are occupied by NZXT Kraken x41 and NZXT Hue+ so i have to remove the Hue+ header everytime i need to do this :banghead: anyways i will do this but what about SSDT for my motherboard ?? and what settings should I use ?? I'm okay with removing my GPU for installation purposes and what else can i do ?? please help me !!! :cry:

would you mind taking a look .. thanks again

Oh right, my misunderstanding. Thanks for the help and the great guide. Hopefully I'll get to use it when my I get my kit

I used your guide to build my own i7 6700K based hackintosh. Works like a charm even on my ASUS VIII Ranger Z170. My USB 3 ports are running at full speed.

But the only problem is my processor is not downclocking to 0.8Ghz like it does in windows at idle. It goes down only till 1Ghz. I created a custom SSDT.aml using PikerAlpha script and dropped it into ACPI/Patched in EFI partition but no change.

Wait a second ... Whats the point of down clocking a processor? o_O

@brumbaer . off topic any solutions for controlling audio via HDMI from within Mac OS X .. been searching the internet for weeks nothing worked I can only control it from the monitor itself.

I will answer that. That is the way it works on OSX. I have Connected my Hackintosh to Denon HDMI receiver and I use Denon's remote to change master volume. However, apps like VLC, movist allow in-app sound level adjustment if the Audio is not directly streamed in the form of DTX or AC3.

so it's by design. Be it crappy.

Hello,

This was my first time trying a hackintosh and everything worked on the first attempt, thank you very much for this guide.

After a few hours of usage the only problem I found is the sound, sometimes after some minutes playing a youtube video or similar it comes and goes, like if someone was muting the system for a second and then unmuting it for another second... endlessly. Everything goes back to normal after a reboot.

I will continue testing everything on the following weeks and if its stable maybe I'll switch to this hackintosh for my working machine :)

Btw, today after a reinstall and some hours of sound from multiple sources (spotify, browser, etc) I got no errors, so for now this build is great.

Hello again,

I'm new here and I've been reading the forum until I pretty much understand everything you did to get this build working with a couple of exceptions. I've tried to search for answers but didn't find any so I wonder, would you mind answering a couple of questions?

-Why is important to get rid of the UART and how did you find the data to patch on the config.plist (hex editor?..)?
-In the config.plist -> Devices -> Audio... why the value of Inject is 2?

Thank you very much!

Hello,

Thanks, I read that post but I was wondering how did you find the corrent values to patch ("QdAFAQ==" to "AQIDBA==").

After more testing these are the only problems I've found:

- The network crashed once after a test of 30Gb data transfer. I did more tests but never happened again. I've read on the forums that other users with different mobos had this too, I suppose due to the novelty of the network driver.

- The problem with the sound happened one more time. This is the only thing I found on the logs: "mac kernel[0]: Sound assertion - 8086:a170 FIFO error (Stream 7)". Stopping the music for 30 seconds fixed it.

- The front microphone connector doesn't seem to work.

Everything else is fine as far as I can tell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back