Contribute
Register

[Success] Skylake Z170-A, i7-6700K, GTX 980 TI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now the only thing I gotta figure out is the internet is not working, I downloaded the newest IntelMauseiEthernet but when I drag it into the /Library/Extensions I get "System extension cannot be installed, please try reinstalling it"

Finder does not install kexts correctly. Use 'cp' in Terminal:
Code:
sudo rm -rf /Library/Extensions/IntelMausiEthernet.kext
sudo cp -R IntelMausiEthernet.kext /Library/Extensions

You can rebuild cache:
Code:
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /

Awesome! that worked!. I tried kextbeast before and it did not work either but the terminal commands worked. 100% working hackintosh now! thanks so much everyone. Now I just gotta figure out how to get final cut pro to stop stuttering....but I'm sure you guys don't have time for that.

Guys im trying to follow the guide, but as soon as i have to start from the installed El Capitan, it immidately reboots.
using the -v flag (the USB and intelmausi Kexts arent yet installed) it gets stuck at "ACPI"

Im using bios 1402 since i recently got this system and directly updated the bios when i was installing windows earlier on my other ssd.

Does anyone have suggestions?
The installation and finish end fine.
I've set all the BIOS Settings like suggested.
Trying to reboot from the clover on the USB Flashdrive results in the same situation.

Edit: Nevermind guys, i found my issue.
In automatism i also installed the FakeSMC extra plugins, and those were pulling the system down at startup.
I'm almost done with the installation now.

Edit 2: I cant seem to get the internet to work.
the IntelMausiEthernet.ext does either not load or work correctly :/ ethernet adapters says i have no ethernet installed

Edit 3: After couple of hours trying, I've installed IntelMausiEthernet.kext version 2.0.2d8 and that one fixed it. I've got internet now :)

ok ,, for me everything is working so far except the integrated graphics.. which I assume no one has a solution for .

My main question is about the Ethernet that is built in VS adding a external ethernet card.

Do they make any difference? is it better to get an external one? I wasn't clear on wether or not the the drivers/kext are 100% working accurately .

I have a question regarding booting speed.. Mine takes forever .. I mean it takes over 2 minutes but it does boot and runs .. is this normal? is there something I can do to make it better?

I have encountered a new issue .. I ran Mac OS X a few times .. this time each time I boot my computer shuts down ..

Attached is the last thing I see .. 76.jpg

Attachments

• image1 4.jpg
    image1 4.jpg
    643.6 KB · Views: 128
Hi,

I have the MSI Krait Gaming board Z170A, Nvidia GTX 260, 16 Gb Ram
I've built the USB stick as described and it boots up.
When I press enter to boot El-Capitan install the Apple logo comes up and load bar starts but after about 2/3 i get the dreaded stop symbol.
I tried verbose and other options most of which weren't helpful. On the verbose I saw it mentioning Blue tooth then the text went all garbled on the screen?
Any suggestions on how to get past this?

thanks

Finder does not install kexts correctly. Use 'cp' in Terminal:
Code:
sudo rm -rf /Library/Extensions/IntelMausiEthernet.kext
sudo cp -R IntelMausiEthernet.kext /Library/Extensions

You can rebuild cache:
Code:
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /

I hope you could help me out with this .. I tried to follow what you mentioned regarding installing though terminal .

rm -rf deleted my intelMausiEhternet.kext file from the Extension folder .

cp comande I get .. no such file or directory .

I'm I to drag the file in Extension folder first? I feel something is missing .

kext utility fixed everything .. thanks ..

I wanted to ask you about Nvidia .. you mentioned to remove nv_disable=1 .

I just installed a new GPU .. I was wondering what should I put instead. I found someone mentioning has a config with " Nvda_driv=1 kext-dev-mode=1 " <<<< I don't know what it even means .. :crazy:

what should I replace nv_disable=0 with ?

So Far I got everything running perfectly I also Have windows running on parallels .. booting windows from clover and audio via HDMI .. I am very grateful for all your efforts. :thumbup:

I have one issue that I'm not sure if I did something to mess it up .. I tried reading about the USB solutions mentioned earlier but I couldn't understand much .

My front USB ports don't work anymore .. I'm sure at a certain time during my testing they did work but for the past week I have been using the back ports only ..

Could you please tell me how to simply check them... and how to correct them?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back