Anybody got the onboard audio, specifically, the optical out port to work? I see no outputs available after installing Realtek ALC892
Hey, glad you got your system working. As for the audio:
- Change audio to input 1 using Clover Configurator (Devices>Audio>1)
- Download Multibeast and run it, go to Drivers/Audio, select 100 Series Audio and ALC892. (only those two) Install them and reboot your computer.
- If it still doesn't show up in Outputs menu, remove AppleHDA kext from /System/Library/Extensions (use Go on homepage menu > go to folder then type that file folder). Select the kext and delete like any other file to trash.
- Download Kext Wizard. Run. Go to Maintenance>System/Library/Extensions>Check Rebuild Cache>Execute. Reboot.
- Download Kext Helper. Add the attached kext to Kext Helper and run. Reboot.
- Check "About this Mac" > System Report > Audio. See if the audio lines are there.
- Should see the Analog and Digital Output options in the Sound menu now.