Contribute
Register

[Success] Skylake Asus Maximus VIII Ranger, i5-6600, GTX 1070 (Clover/High Sierra)

Status
Not open for further replies.
UPDATE
I managed to install sierra using the multibeast bootable usb, and just upgraded my system. Then i had to swap the efi partition on the twi disk, et voila...
All worked at the first try...

Now, btw i have bad graphical issue... Lines, flickering ecc... It seems like a hd530 graphic problem.. What can be the cause of this? Sierra is less optimized for the hd530? How can i proceed?
@PeterHolland - Hi, glad to hear that you have El Capitan up & running :thumbup:. Seems that some artifacting is a known problem with HD530 graphics under El Capitan. There's a couple of threads about this on the Tonymacx86 Forum. You could try some of the workaround's mentioned in this thread:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/intel-hd-530-artifacts-el-capitan.195856/

Related issues in these threads:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...-10-12-none-on-10-11-with-same-config.203304/
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...phics-problem-on-asus-z170-pro-gaming.202722/

Keep an eye on this HD530 thread for any new information - this post puts it pretty succinctly.

@PeterHolland - Hi, glad to hear that you have El Capitan up & running :thumbup:. Seems that some artifacting is a known problem with HD530 graphics under El Capitan. There's a couple of threads about this on the Tonymacx86 Forum. You could try some of the workaround's mentioned in this thread:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/intel-hd-530-artifacts-el-capitan.195856/

Related issues in these threads:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...-10-12-none-on-10-11-with-same-config.203304/
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...phics-problem-on-asus-z170-pro-gaming.202722/

Keep an eye on this HD530 thread for any new information - this post puts it pretty succinctly.
Thanks, i am following several threads... It seems caused on every skylake cpu running only with the HD530 igpu... I hope someone will find the solution soon!

Thanks, i am following several threads... It seems caused on every skylake cpu running only with the HD530 igpu... I hope someone will find the solution soon!
UPDATE
Today i finally solved my graphics glitch and issue... Someone suggested to try with the new multibeast version, not working, KP again. Then on one of the tons of post i finded a solution that worked for another user with an asus mobo.
I edited the igpu graphic allocation from 32m to 64m, boom. Boot at first try, glitch and KP disappeared...
I have just a little artifact on the left corner, but is a common issue.... Finally!

Now.. You suggest to create and adit a specific SSDT and DSDT file? Can i follow yours? I have a 6600k, same Mobo, what i have to check?

Next step is the AMD rx 480, it's on the shelf... i was waiting to fix all the issue before adding the gpu. I will send you another update in case of succes :)

@PetarHolland - Thanks for the update :thumbup: I'm glad to hear you've got your HD530 graphics working without artefacts.

Regarding my DSDT.aml, as long as you have the latest ASUS Ranger VIII bios installed from here, you'll be able to use it. However, the only edits I've added to it, are to prevent my USB devices from waking up my Hackintosh when it goes to sleep (these edits mean I can no longer use the mouse or keyboard to wake it up).

If your Hackintosh has no problems with waking from sleep, I don't think you'll need it. I've also added an unedited DSDT to this post if you require one for your own use (you can create one yourself using RehabMan's [Guide] Patching LAPTOP DSDT/SSDTs - the title mentions it's for laptops, but I've found the instructions work well for desktops).

As for the SSDT - as you're using the same CPU as me (but unlocked), the one I've posted in my original post should work for you. As long as you haven't overclocked your CPU - in which case you'll have to use the ssdtPRGen script to generate your own. The SSDT-1.aml in my original post is only needed to fix the black-screen on boot issue when using a MacPro6,1 SMBIOS.

I also see you're already active in the AMD RX 480 testing thread here on Tonymacx86, so hopefully you'll have some success with this Graphics Card - look forward to your update when you do :thumbup:

Attachments

• DSDT (unedited).dsl
    1.1 MB · Views: 116
Last edited:
May I kindly ask you to update this excellent tutorial with your newly created USB-SSDT.aml? I read In another thread that you managed to get rid of USBInjectAll.kext.

May I kindly ask you to update this excellent tutorial with your newly created USB-SSDT.aml? I read In another thread that you managed to get rid of USBInjectAll.kext.
Hi, unfortunately, in the end it didn't work out as being a 100% working solution for me. I've added a post to cnrd's thread explaining why. I'm still going to try and see if a kext-free solution for USB port injection is possible for the Ranger VIII motherboard, but this time I'm going to make sure it's 100% working first :thumbup: Edit: And many thanks for your kind words re: this thread.

Update: I now think the USBInjectAll.kext and SSDT-USB.aml route is the best & simplest way to achieve port injection in macOS. There's no drawbacks I can see to using an USBInjectAll.kext and, at the current moment, no matching solution to cnrd's script for those of us with ASUS motherboards.

Last edited:
@LiveRecords - I suppose a lot depends on what mouse you're using (if you could post this, it would help I think). I use a Logitech G602 Gaming Mouse and I also got mouse stutters with this motherboard (only in macOS), until I switched the USB receiver to one of the two USB 2.0 ports on top of my Corsair 600Q case. I think, in my case, I put it down to poor reception from the back of my case.

Also, if you're using a wireless mouse, you could try moving the USB receiver - or with a wired mouse, the USB cable - to a different port, if you haven't already done so. The two USB 3.0 ports on the back of this motherboard are the ones adjacent to the ethernet port, the rest are USB 2.0 ones. So, you could try experimenting with this. Other than that, try using a different mouse, to see if the problem lays with the mouse. I'm also using Steermouse in macOS with my Logitech, but I don't expect that makes any difference.

This is what i was afraid:) i have tried more all USBs, USB HUB, Old wired A4tech mouse, New Gigabyte M6900 wired, and bluetooth magic mouse. All mices gave me same experience. I also had bad issues with USBs in windows, where keyboard an mouse disconects randomly so now solving service in Asus. Hope, that its only thing to change mobo. :/

@LiveRecords - Definitely sounds like it could be a hardware problem then, if you've tried all those different things to solve the problem. Hopefully, a motherboard change will fix this. I found a thread here on tonymacx86, that might be helpful:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/mouse-stuttering-on-el-capitan.184513/

Also, I'm sure you've searched Google for more help on this issue, but if you haven't it's well worth doing a search for this problem. A lot of the threads seem to implicate Nvidia drivers in Windows (are you just running macOS or macOS & Windows? - Does the mouse stutter under Windows too?) plus other issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back