Contribute
Register

[Success] Skylake Asus Maximus VIII Ranger, i5-6600, GTX 1070 (Clover/High Sierra)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your SpeedStep is probably working as it should, the Intel Monitor isn't the most accurate.

Use Pike's tool:

https://github.com/Piker-Alpha/AppleIntelInfo

The current multiplier is (highlighted in brackets).
Hi, many thanks for your help.

I've used Pike's Tool and this is the read-out I get:

Can you tell if speed-step is working correctly?

Attachments

• Ranger VIII Power Management.png
    Ranger VIII Power Management.png
    181 KB · Views: 275
Hi,

thanks for the pointers. I tried your clover folder, sadly to the same result as before. No SATA devices found. Also I remade my boot stick again to be sure to have the latest versions on it. I was using Unibeast to create the stick then copying your clover folder over to the EFI partition on it.

Today I went to the store and picked up a Asmedia PCIe to SATA controller for a few bucks since I read that some people have had success with that. Could find the HDD from my Linux installation so the controller worked, but the El Capitan setup still doesn't see the drive.

I will be reporting back once I can make progress.

Cheers

Today I went to the store and picked up a Asmedia PCIe to SATA controller for a few bucks since I read that some people have had success with that. Could find the HDD from my Linux installation so the controller worked, but the El Capitan setup still doesn't see the drive.

I will be reporting back once I can make progress.

Cheers
Hi, thanks for the update - I hope you can find out why your drives aren't being picked up - the only other thing I can think is to try it with Launch CSM set to enabled in your BIOS.

It might also be worth starting a thread here on Tonymacx86, to get more replies about this problem. Anyway, hope you get it sorted - I'd be interested in knowing what your solution was in the end, or any further progress.

Yup, your SpeedStep looks to be working perfectly :¬)
Thanks Yoga - that's great to know :) And thanks for helping me find the right tool to measure it :thumbup:

Hey, my GPU Fan Sensor worked now, thank you :thumbup:
Hehe, no problems :thumbup: I see now that the driver is dated 28th February 2016 so even newer than I first thought :)

Hey

This was the only guide which worked until the Installation. When I try to select a drive in Disk Utility I can't see any drive only the USB stick with the installer. I already set AHCI for my Sata Controller. I use the Asus Maximus VIII Hero with an i7 6700k.

I hope you can help me

Hey

This was the only guide which worked until the Installation. When I try to select a drive in Disk Utility I can't see any drive only the USB stick with the installer. I already set AHCI for my Sata Controller. I use the Asus Maximus VIII Hero with an i7 6700k.

I hope you can help me
Hi DGTech,

Sheylin in this thread also had the same problem as you and I gave a few suggestions but, also like you, their drives wouldn't show up in the OS X Installer.

Just as an experiment, I created a Clover USB 2.0 Flash Drive, using the config in my first post, and with USBInjectAll.kext, IntelMausiEthernet.kext and FakeSMC.kext in the Kexts -> Other Folder. I then used this drive to boot into a USB 3.0 Flash Drive with the OS X Installer on it (which I had created earlier by using the following command in terminal, on an empty flash drive called Untitled):
Code:
sudo /Applications/Install\ OS\ X\ El\ Capitan.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/Untitled --applicationpath /Applications/Install\ OS\ X\ El\ Capitan.app --nointeraction

I was able to boot into the OS X installer and could see all my drives in Disk Utility, so I find this problem puzzling as I can't reproduce it on my PC.

I would suggest upgrading to the latest 1504 Bios for your motherboard here: https://www.asus.com/uk/Motherboards/MAXIMUS-VIII-HERO/HelpDesk_Download/

To see if that helps, but otherwise I'm stuck with this too. You might like to create a thread on this subject here on Tonymacx86 to see if you can get more help that way.

EDIT: Also, when you say "select a drive in Disk Utility" do you mean the Disk Utility app that is packaged with the OS X Installer, or the drive select menu when you try and install OS X?

Just as an experiment, I created a Clover USB 2.0 Flash Drive, using the config in my first post, and with USBInjectAll.kext, IntelMausiEthernet.kext and FakeSMC.kext in the Kexts -> Other Folder. I then used this drive to boot into a USB 3.0 Flash Drive with the OS X Installer on it (which I had created earlier by using the following command in terminal, on an empty flash drive called Untitled):
Code:
sudo /Applications/Install\ OS\ X\ El\ Capitan.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/Untitled --applicationpath /Applications/Install\ OS\ X\ El\ Capitan.app --nointeraction

I was able to boot into the OS X installer and could see all my drives in Disk Utility, so I find this problem puzzling as I can't reproduce it on my PC.

Thank you for your message.

I already tried it with the latest bios 1504 but that didnt worked. What I mean with "When I try to select a drive in Disk Utility" is in the installing process, after you select your language.

Could you maybe list (step by step) it a bit simpler for me what I have to do ? I just understand 50% of it :D:think::think:

Again Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back