Contribute
Register

[Success] Skylake Asus Maximus VIII Ranger, i5-6600, GTX 1070 (Clover/High Sierra)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So i found no way to boot without hdmi od DVI monitor. Now i have 2 DP monitors i would like to run and they do to sleep after boot with apple logo. If I plugin 3rd monitor on DVI, all 3 rund after voot smoothly. (Sysrem is still loading on DP monitor) i need to disable DVI to get it to work. Any idea? I tried to modify config.plist under clover editor many ways:(
edit: booting monitor for PC is 1st DP (POST) and mac booting is DVI.
also noticed some icons on my window bars ale broken (attachment)
Screenshot 2018-01-15 20.41.40.png
Screenshot 2018-01-15 20.47.42.png

Last edited:
@LiveRecords - Hmm - I used to have my Dell U2515H monitor connected by DP to my hackintosh and it didn't have the sleep problems you described in macOS :think:

I'm just wondering what make & model of DP monitor you are using. Also, if I understand correctly, you want to have two monitors attached by DP to your GTX 1080TI. If you use this configuration, you get black screens on both of them? Do you get a black screen if just one DP monitor is plugged in?

Are both monitors connected DP (on the monitor) to DP on the back of your GTX 1080TI? Also, my Dell has a setting called DP 1.2 which might need to be toggled (though I'm not sure about this, as I vaguely remember something about this).

Get back to me with the make & model of both your DP monitors, and it might be worth posting on the Graphics section of this forum about this problem as well :thumbup:

Last edited:
Also, for owners of the Asus Ranger VIII motherboard, if you update to Clover 4369 (latest stable version), this includes NVRAM and other runtime fixes for AptioFix (more info here). This means native NVRAM can be re-enabled for this motherboard, and should work for everyone now.

Just remove EmuVariableUEFI-64.efi from Clover -> drivers64UEFI and make sure OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi gets installed and updated.

I've tested with Clover 4369 and can confirm my NVRAM is working natively now, and remembering stuff :thumbup: I also was able to go back to using LastBootedVolume in config.plist, to remember my last booted drive (which I couldn't do before with non-native NVRAM).

@LiveRecords - Hmm - I used to have my Dell U2515H monitor connected by DP to my hackintosh and it didn't have the sleep problems you described in macOS :think:

I'm just wondering what make & model of DP monitor you are using. Also, if I understand correctly, you want to have two monitors attached by DP to your GTX 1080TI. If you use this configuration, you get black screens on both of them?
I decided to move to High sierra to get to latest nvidia divers.
Now I am stuck on apple logo on boot up from clover and lanuch high sierra installer from other drive.
(Do I need to have MoBo at last update? I dont think so if that came after High sierra.)

@LiveRecords - If the black screen issue happened after you installed the latest Nvidia drivers, maybe you just need NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext in Clover -> kexts. You'll also need the latest Lilu.kext in your Clover -> kexts folder too. Links:

NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext: https://sourceforge.net/projects/nvidiagraphicsfixup/
Lilu.kext: https://github.com/vit9696/Lilu/releases

Your Mobo shouldn't need updating to use High Sierra.
GOD! I`ve finaly loged to working system to get your fixes running :D
Is there any way to remove bootsector with instalation? my defalut boot partition is high sierra installer.
I would like to keep this working sierra, but there is no way to boot automaticaly :/

@LiveRecords - In config.plist, under the Boot section, you need the DefaultVolume key set to LastBootedVolume like so:
Code:
<key>DefaultVolume</key>
<string>LastBootedVolume</string>
Also delete the DefaultLoader key, and associated string, if you have it under the Boot section too. If you then update to Clover 4369 and install OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi as part of the installation process, then Clover should remember which drive you last booted into, and boot into that on next start-up.

However, you need OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi (remove OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi if you have it in Clover -> drivers64UEFI) and you also need to install Clover 4369, as this has the new AptioFix changes that enable native NVRAM on the Ranger VIII.

I hope I've understood you correctly - let me know how you get on :wave:

@LiveRecords - In config.plist, under the Boot section, you need the DefaultVolume key set to LastBootedVolume like so:
Code:
<key>DefaultVolume</key>

I hope I've understood you correctly - let me know how you get on :wave:
Already got
<dict>
<key>Arguments</key>
<string>dart=0</string>
<key>DefaultVolume</key>
<key>Legacy</key>
<string>PBR</string>
<key>Log</key>
<true/>
<key>Secure</key>
<false/>
<key>Timeout</key>
<integer>1</integer>
<key>XMPDetection</key>
<false/>
</dict>
Thats working wrong - giving me still installation option as first.
Thank you so much fo your patience, I think this is right way, but its late today so i goo na try it whe i have some more time to experiment. Now I am happy it works this way. Bless you! :)

Last edited:
So finaly fun part at all... For us to know: if you have instalation "partition" which blocks you to boot automaticaly, just remove "macOS Install Data" folder (first time I renamed it only and worked) :D Now I am back and fixed Thank you for patience @pbryanw :)
Screenshot 2018-01-16 23.07.14.png

@LiveRecords - Glad to hear :thumbup: I’ll try and remember your fix, if this happens to me. I also see that your sidebar icons are back to normal - I guess you’re all set now :clap:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back